GB HOMEPAGE

Project Red and GOG

Posted By: Mad

Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 07:40 PM

I received an email today which was about opening an account (separate to my GOG account) with Project Red woozy

Has anyone else received this email and/or taken any action ??
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 08:01 PM

I have NOT received that email but if you've been on their site, they show they are having issues which have been going on for a couple of days. I received an email from them yesterday regarding some game they say I left in my cart, telling me to complete the transaction. It was for a free game and the transaction had already been completed. I went to the site (not through the email) and there was nothing in my cart and the game was in my library. Personally, I would ignore all emails from them for now.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 08:09 PM

I got the email too. They are making some changes and migrating accounts to CD Projekt Red - which is the group that has owned GOG since they launched it. They developed the Witcher series of games. You do not have to open a new account. Like oldbroad says, there might be some glitches while they migrate our accounts. You can read more here.

CD Projekt Red Account Migration

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 08:23 PM

Thanks for providing that informative link, Draclvr!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 09:36 PM

I received the email and remember it saying that we do not need to do anything, just be aware that the migration is occurring.

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 11:51 PM

Maybe only people who play RPG's (or whatever those Project Red games are) are receiving those emails. I still have not.

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/10/24 11:58 PM

From what I understand, the entire site is migrating to the new accounts starting in March. CD Projekt Red had always owned GOG, so it doesn't have anything to do with RPG's etc.

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 12:11 AM

It was just a thought, Drac. But didn't CD Projekt Red only get involved with GOG a few years back (not from the beginning)? Not that it matters. That just seems to be what I remember.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 12:17 AM

oldbroad, they were always owned by CD Red Project. The 2 guys that own that are the founders of GoG.

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 01:03 AM

Okay, thanks Ana!

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 02:58 AM

Yup! GOG has always been a "wholly owned subsidiary" of CD Projekt Red, a Polish company.

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 04:17 AM

Thanks for the responses 👍

What I still don’t understand though is being told that my GOG account and its address and all actives of mine related to it will remain the same.
And I don’t have to have a Projekt Red account if I don’t want one. (IT would be a separate account.)

I find this rather confusing think

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 04:53 AM

Mad, they will remain the same, but will just be migrated to a CD Projekt Red account. It sounds to me like this will be only for CD Projekt Red Cross Progression, My Rewards and the RED forums. To be honest, since I don't use those things, I find it all a bit confusing.

Your GOG account and all your GOG purchases remain unaffected. The GOG.com website and the GOG Galaxy app will continue to use the GOG account system. Your GOG account will be separate from your CD PROJEKT RED account.

If you choose to opt out, please note that on March 5th, 2024 you will lose access to Cross Progression, My Rewards, and RED Forums, and all connected data will be permanently deleted.

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 06:01 AM

[quote=Draclvr]Mad, they will remain the same, but will just be migrated to a CD Projekt Red account. It sounds to me like this will be only for CD Projekt Red Cross Progression, My Rewards and the RED forums. To be honest, since I don't use those things, I find it all a bit confusing.[quote]

I don’t use those things either, Draclvr, and I, too, find it confusing.

I suppose I will end up doing nothing in case I do the wrong thing 😱

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 07:31 AM

Now that sounds exactly like me, Mad!

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 03:51 PM

Count me in too, Mad and oldbroad!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 05:56 PM

I haven’t heard anything about this either. So I will do nothing also and see what happens. I have quite a few games in GOG. I wonder if some transfer over will my login be the same? Will they let me know or will I have to search for missing games?????

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 06:53 PM

Winfrey, just read the info on the link I posted. "Hopefully" it will answer your questions!
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/11/24 07:52 PM

Thanks Drac, looks like I will be getting this new set up as I have some Witcher games in Gog…

Re: Project Red and GOG - 02/12/24 12:16 AM

I have several RPGs and MANY Adventures in my GOG library that go back years - so I guess I will too, Winfrey yes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community