GB HOMEPAGE

First Question

Posted By: Skinter

First Question - 02/16/05 01:06 PM

Welcome to gameboomers.....Also, are there any sliders in this game??? That's the important question that I always ask. I despise sliders. laugh laugh
Posted By: MartinGantefohr

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 02:22 PM

You may be confusing MOS with this stuff .

But seriously, no sliders of any kind in the game. smile
Posted By: Becky

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 04:08 PM

I think I might look forward to solving sliders if they offered me a portal into a parallel universe.

That is about the quality and novelty of the inducement required, however.

I'm with you, mac.
Posted By: tigger

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 04:11 PM

well some of us like them... but hate mazes!! If MoS manages without either, then you will have many more happy campers!!!!!

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 07:25 PM

There's no maze in MOS. Sorry to those who love them... wink
Posted By: DBK

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 07:30 PM

Thanks for not including sliders, I certainly appreciate that. wave
Posted By: honeycomb

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 07:40 PM

What influences did you use to create a near-future? Gadgets, communication, transport etc.

Look forward to playing the game. Was a big fan of the old Blade Runner game/movie, which I think was based on a story by sci fi writer Phillip K Dick.

cheers

Re: First Question - 02/16/05 07:55 PM

Quote:
What influences did you use to create a near-future? Gadgets, communication, transport etc.
The most important gadget is the Messenger, a device that is a cell phone, credit card and identity card.

Sat-Cars (driverless cabs) serve for individual transportation, magnetic rail for mass transportation.

The most interesting transportation device is probably the Space Elevator -- inspired by a NASA concept .

smile
Posted By: nickie

Re: First Question - 02/17/05 09:52 AM

Becky, I think that's a great idea about a slider being a portal to another world! Hey, I LIKE sliders. But aren't the sewers kind of a mini-maze? But not a tear your hair out maze. A very tiny maze. laugh

Re: First Question - 02/17/05 10:35 AM

Quote:
A very tiny maze.
It may look like one, because Peter has to walk rather long distances to get to the two subway stations.

But there's actually only two very straight directions that lead to the stations - and one branch is a dead end.
Posted By: ray-ray

Re: First Question - 02/17/05 08:18 PM

I agree,it is somewhat of a maze but not really - you just have to know your barings.

My question to you Martin, is would you be up to the idea of having a maze on your next project?

I love a good maze!
Posted By: fov

Re: First Question - 02/17/05 08:26 PM

Quote:
But there's actually only two very straight directions that lead to the stations - and one branch is a dead end.
For those of us with a really bad sense of direction, it's still pretty much a maze. laugh But the very cool camera work made up for it. I thought the way the camera shifted around in that section was really neat.

As for the Space Elevator.... oh, so cool. I want to go there on my next vacation. laugh

-emily
Posted By: nickie

Re: First Question - 02/17/05 10:31 PM

But emily, if someone comes to your door and says you won a ticket... eek
Posted By: fov

Re: First Question - 02/18/05 02:23 AM

Hee hee. laugh

Okay, maybe not.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community