GB HOMEPAGE

Timed sequences

Posted By: Mugsy

Timed sequences - 02/16/05 01:39 PM

This game looks awesome. Thank you for taking the time to join us!!
Are there any timed sequences in TMOS? wave
Posted By: MartinGantefohr

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 02:04 PM

Hi Mugsy,

well, there is one sequence in MOS (very close to the end of the game) that you could call "timed".

We decided to include it because time is actually of relevance there. Giving the user all the time in the world would have spoiled the feeling of threat and pressure, and both is an essential part of the narrative at this point.

But be assured, we know that many adventure gamers hate timed sequences. That's why the game will automatically give you the opportunity to try again in case you haven't made it.

In short: No need to worry. smile
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 05:51 PM

How generous is the timed portion? Some games give you literally seconds beyond the time it physically takes to complete the necessary (actions) others are much more generous, allowing some minutes to figure out what you need to do.

Can you give us a general idea?

Susan wave

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 06:10 PM

I think the timer is set to 15 seconds, and there is only one very simple thing to do.

15 seconds is an awfully long time. If you don't believe it, go to a party, wait for one of those uncomfortable nobody-talks-anymore moments, and then count the seconds. smile
Posted By: Salar of Myst

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 07:11 PM

thanks smile
Posted By: fov

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 07:14 PM

If I'm thinking of the right spot - there's also a pretty dramatic cutscene if you don't do the thing you have to do in time. Almost like a reward for getting it wrong. laugh

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 07:36 PM

Quote:
Almost like a reward for getting it wrong.
Reward is a funny term for what happens... laugh
Posted By: Mad

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 07:56 PM

Hi smile

A whole 15 seconds, huh ??

Hehehe !!

Actually that IS quite generous so I'm hoping to manage it wink

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 11:06 PM

Quote:
Actually that IS quite generous so I'm hoping to manage it
I hope you won't(!), because in that case you will miss out on a cinematic that cost more than... more than I'm willing to publicly reveal!

wink
Posted By: Melanie1

Re: Timed sequences - 02/16/05 11:08 PM

hmm, it sounds like we want to fail at least once, in that case. lol

Melanie
Posted By: Becky

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 01:06 AM

I'm prepared to fail multiple times, especially if Emily liked it.
Posted By: Mugsy

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 01:25 AM

Put me down for at least one failure too, now you've have me curious!! rotfl

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 02:05 AM

I'm not sure you'll want to fail more than once. But it's definitely worth seeing.

-emily

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 02:14 AM

Possible spoiler
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
Do we get to accidentally wreck something in a particularly spectacular fashion? I can think of something that would be fun to watch as it crashed to earth.
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 02:15 AM

Something like that. wink

I just played the two scenarios again, and I actually think it's better to get the "wrong" one first - it heightens the tension. I did it this way by accident, of course. laugh

-emily

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 02:26 AM

Bring it on.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 07:45 AM

OK, so one wrong move then the next time do it right!!! I assume it will be obvious where this spot is wink
Posted By: nickie

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 08:01 AM

It's obvious. wink I would bet that an awful lot of folks would fail the first time without trying. laugh But it honestly isn't difficult to get it right by the second time, so you don't need to worry about a dreaded time sequence. Really!
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 09:37 PM

hmmmmm....wonder what the 'time' allowence was for that Crystal Puzzle in Spire in Myst IV. THAT wasn't anywhere near enough time. Of course some people did not have a problem w/it...but most i know did...as well as another one later. Hence the concern on these timed puzzles. What i don't understand is why don't the developers put in an 'auto-solve' (without penalty and showing it being solved) after numerous tries by the gamer.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Timed sequences - 02/17/05 11:45 PM

gamenut, once you realize where to click on the timed puzzle part, of the fifteen seconds you have to do it, you will probably have 13 left. This game is very much a purist adventure gamer's delight.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Timed sequences - 02/18/05 07:33 PM

Thanks for the info! Now i AM really looking forward to this game!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community