GB HOMEPAGE

required system specs

Posted By: beanbag

required system specs - 02/16/05 10:06 PM

Why is there a difference in system specs between the US version and the European version?

The US version from Adventure Company
http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/moment_of_silence/index.html

[quote]
# Windows
Posted By: MartinGantefohr

Re: required system specs - 02/16/05 10:55 PM

Hi beanbag,

this is an issue that I think is better adressed by Ray, as the final decisions on the specs are made by the publisher.

Ray, can you help me out on this one?
Posted By: Tyke

Re: required system specs - 02/16/05 11:28 PM

Hi Beanbag wave

Actually there is no difference in the system specs, between the US version and the European version. smile

I am from England and bought my game here, the first set of specs you give, are the ones on the outside of my box, the other two sets of specs are printed in the manual that comes with the game. smile

I was surprised at the difference between, the lowest specs and the highest specs, and remember commenting on it, on Gameboomers when I first bought it.

Sue wave

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 12:09 AM

My main concern is not to waste money on another game that isn't going to work. Black Mirror wouldn't work on my computer because the StarForce on it is incompatible with AMD K6 processors. From what I've read, the UK version of Moment of Silence used StarForce. I don't know if the US version will or not, since they don't list that kind of detail on the game box or on the Adventure Game Company website.

I was hoping that since the specs listed for Moment of Silence on the Adventure Game Company site are different from the ones I've seen listed for Moment of Silence, that the US version might not have the StarForce restriction and might work on my computer. Most games that use StarForce wouldn't work on my computer anyway. Black Mirror was an exception. According to the specs on the box - and those listed on the Adventure Company website - Black Mirror should have worked because an AMD is considered the "equivalent" of a Pentium.
Posted By: ray-ray

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 12:11 AM

Hi Beanbag,

Sue had mentioned there are a different set of Spec's on the manual. And thats what we followed. the US version will have roughly the same spec's as the manual.

We also tested the game w/ similar spec's as per the manual aswell - with the game running smoothly

As per your question if the game will work on a computer with a 550 MHz AMD K6 processor. I'll have to take a look at this more closely for you and give you more feedback on it later. But i don't see why not.

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 12:13 AM

Thank you for checking.

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 12:13 AM

Btw, the US version does not contain StarForce.
Posted By: Becky

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 01:00 AM

ray -- thank you for the information! thumbsup It's great to know that the game performed well with the lower system requirements.

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ray-ray:
Btw, the US version does not contain StarForce.
Well that's good news. I can deal with games being a bit sluggish. But when they won't start at all, that's a problem. The computer's specs are

550 MHz AMD K6 processor
Windows 98SE
512 MB system RAM
64 MB Geforce 2 TI graphics card
SB Live sound card
over 20 GB available hard drive space
16x DVD ROM

Re: required system specs - 02/17/05 08:35 PM

Hi Beanbag,

Yeah, we found that for certain Adventure Games - Copy Protection was an issue that doesn't sit well with users. Too lengthy to explain...

Too many problems.

AS for your system specs, it looks good but i am worried about your Processer Speed as the minimum requires 800 MHz Pentium
Posted By: Legolas813

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 12:01 AM

Will this game work on a SIS 32 mb video card? The demo works, but I don't know if the full version will. My computer has 1.8 ghz and 512 mb ram, but a 32 mb video card.
Posted By: chrisdist

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 12:33 AM

ray-ray the specs on the box call for a 450 Mhz minimum. So what is it. Thats what no one can seem to clear up.......? c

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 12:45 AM

The readme for the US demo says that you need 1 ghz minimum (2 ghz recommended).

All of these conflicting requirements are driving me crazy. I need to know if the game will work on my 32 mb video card.

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 12:52 AM

According to TAC (and ray-ray says above that they tested the game using computers with the specs they are listing) yes, a 32 mb video card is sufficient.

I agree that so many different listings for the system requirements has been -- and still is -- confusing.
Posted By: fov

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 02:02 AM

It is confusing, isn't it. frown

I took Ray's comments above to mean that they tested the specs listed inside the UK version's manual, and this is what TAC was recommending. Those are the ones with an 800MHz processor and 64MB video card on the low end. Otherwise, he would not be concerned about Beanbag's 550 MHz processor.

-emily

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 02:06 AM

I think you are right. (Gurgles and faints to the floor.)

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fov:

I took Ray's comments above to mean that they tested the specs listed inside the UK version's manual, and this is what TAC was recommending. Those are the ones with an 800MHz processor and 64MB video card on the low end. Otherwise, he would not be concerned about Beanbag's 550 MHz processor.
At least my processor is good for something, even if it's only to serve as a bad example.

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 04:56 AM

Hi Guys,

I've asked our WEB dept responsible for that listing on the TAC site to be ammended, it will be changed according to whats on the Box

In regards to the BOX specs on the Digital Jester version - that publishing company is not associated with TAC. They'd probably be the best person to ask.

We based ours on the Manual.

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 09:37 AM

In a thread from the Discussion forum, these were listed as the specs from the manual:

Minimum:
800 MHz processor
256 MB RAM
64 MB graphics card with DX-compatible texture compression
16-bit sound card
3.4 GB available hard drive space

Recommended:
Pentium IV 1.4 Ghz
512 MB RAM
128 MB graphics card with DX-compatible texture compression

(I deleted the manual's requirement for a DVD drive, as the N.A. verison will come on CDs).

Ray -- are these system requirements correct?

Thanks!
Posted By: MartinGantefohr

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 01:30 PM

Yes. smile

To be even more specific:

CPU: 800 MHz Pentium® III or Equivalent
RAM: 256 MB RAM
HARD DRIVE SPACE: 3.4 GB Hard Disk Space for Installation
VIDEO CARD: 64 MB DirectX® 8.1 Compatible 3D Video Card

SOUND: DirectX® Compatible Sound Card and Speakers
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
OTHER: DirectX® 8.1 or Higher

Hope this helps.

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 01:53 PM

Thank you. praise

Specificity. There's something about it that's so....satisfying.

Re: required system specs - 02/18/05 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Ganteföhr:
[qb] Yes. smile

To be even more specific:

CPU: 800 MHz Pentium® III or Equivalent
RAM: 256 MB RAM
HARD DRIVE SPACE: 3.4 GB Hard Disk Space for Installation
VIDEO CARD: 64 MB DirectX® 8.1 Compatible 3D Video Card

SOUND: DirectX® Compatible Sound Card and Speakers
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
OTHER: DirectX® 8.1 or Higher

Hope this helps. smile [/qb]
Aw, I was hoping you would't say that Martin. I guess I might have to hold off on this game because I originally thought the requirements were for a 32 mb video card. I've been following this game for months, too. cry

EDIT: I've tried both versions of the demo and they both run alright, so I think I'll try out the game. I'm hoping it will be carried at Best Buy, since I have a gift card there.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community