What does the title signify?

Posted by: honeycomb

What does the title signify? - 02/17/05 07:21 AM

It's an intriguing title. Wondering where you got the idea from and if it has a special meaning or was just to help set a mood of paranoia/surveillance. I think it's one of the most effective titles I've come across.
Posted by: tigger

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/17/05 09:52 AM

And in the early development, did folks ask if it was tied into the movie of the same name??
Posted by: MartinGantefohr

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/17/05 11:40 AM

Quote:
It's an intriguing title. Wondering where you got the idea from and if it has a special meaning or was just to help set a mood of paranoia/surveillance. I think it's one of the most effective titles I've come across.
Thanks, honeycomb. The title is in fact the key to the meaning of this game, that's why I cannot say much about it without spoiling the entire experience for those who haven't played the game yet.

What I can say is that it works on serveral levels for the game (I think), that's why I'm very happy with it.

Speaking of titles, there are two other adventure game titles that I like a lot: Beneath A Steel Sky, and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.
Posted by: fov

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/17/05 12:55 PM

I didn't really 'get' what the title was supposed to mean until a point at the climax of the game, where Peter says something that makes it really clear what the meaning is.

I tell you, that revelation gave me shivers. It really was well done. smile

-emily
Posted by: MartinGantefohr

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/17/05 01:12 PM

Quote:
I tell you, that revelation gave me shivers. It really was well done.
Thanks, emily! I'm happy. *sniff* smile
Posted by: nickie

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/17/05 11:00 PM

Great question Honeycomb, but I'm so glad Martin didn't say why, since it would spoil the revelation. Like Emily said, when you discover what it all means, it is quite the moment. I think that's what I will name my first born, if that's ok, Martin. wave
Posted by: MartinGantefohr

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/18/05 05:42 AM

Quote:
I think that's what I will name my first born, if that's ok, Martin.
What, "Quite The Moment"? smile
Posted by: nickie

Re: What does the title signify? - 02/18/05 11:39 AM

lol