GB HOMEPAGE

The Scruffs on BFG

Posted By: PhantomReader

The Scruffs on BFG - 09/27/07 11:06 AM

Hey everyone...I just found this forum...I love it!!

For a new hidden item game called the Scruffs Click here.

It's a BIg Fish Exclusive!
Posted By: texaslady

Re: The ****** on BFG - 09/27/07 11:13 AM

Welcome to Gameboomers PhantomReader welcome

Thanks for letting us know about the new game and we hope you'll enjoy your time with us.

Sue devilchili
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 11:52 AM

welcome to GameBoomers PhantomReader. Please read the rules HERE. We cannot preannounce games here that are not available to the general public. This game is released only for BigFish Club members today. I am editing out the game til tomorrow. thanks
Posted By: JennyP

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 12:45 PM

OOh, I will be downloading **** later, thanks, as I'm a member.
Getting excited .

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 01:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome and sorry about posting the name...I just got so excited that a new game was coming out!!

I guess that wasn't be best introduction for me cry I'll be more careful in the future
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 01:54 PM

welcome welcome to ameboomers phantomreader!! You will like it here. Thanks about the ame too!!! Enjoy!

Nan

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 01:59 PM

Nan! You lost your G's??? lol Is this a hidden puzzle to find them?

Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 07:46 PM

Wecome phantomreader! We love more gamers!

The game is fun too! I wanted to do the same as you but I already knew the rules. Everyone will want to try this game when it is official tomorrow. Thank you for trying to share with us.

Sorry you lost your G's auntiegram! Laptop? A friend of mine used to lose letters on hers too and it made reading her emails a puzzle in themselves rotfl

Linda wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 09:15 PM

I have also downloaded ****** today too. Will play when I finish posting. Bummer though, I have back to school night tonight for my son at 6pm(wonder if I could pretend to be sick). Also just a thoughtidea

BrowneEyedTigre, Could we just use a code to let BF members when a new game is on tomorrows list? we could say for example "eckcha omorrowsta amega" laugh

thracia

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 09:19 PM

Probably not a good idea Thracia. Members of BF can check each day easily enough to see what is in store for them.

Sue

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 10:50 PM

I hope this is ok to post...just let me know if it's not...If you install the BFG toolbar, you can also view and download tomorrow's game today...you don't need to be a club subscriber.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 10:55 PM

Ana I have been noticing that. don't know if it is the keyboard or I'm just not hitting it hard enough :LOL:

Nan

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 10:59 PM

THanks Phantom and fellow Illinoisan wave I am aware of that, but until it is available to the general public on their front page as an official release, as a courtesy to BigFish we do not permit the announcement. I believe that we can all contain ourselves for a day and at the most a few. grin

Nan, I thought it was rather cool you had no G's. I figured it was your keyboard because I didn't see you post you lost a finger. Lose a few more letters and we can have the Nan Cryptic Post of the day. lol

Ana wave

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/27/07 11:03 PM

I thought only the people in the south dropped their G's Nan? I'm terribly guilty of losing mine.......ask Ana! I couldn't spell the name of a drink in a game to save my life and Ana reminded me that I needed a G....who knew?

Sue
Posted By: joanieS

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/28/07 11:36 AM

Hey, I belong to BFG but didn't get any notice of a new game yesterday or even today!!!!
Posted By: Linds

Re: The***** on BFG - 09/28/07 11:56 AM

I think it's unfortunate that Big Fish has the "Exclusive" for some games. Big Fish doesn't work on my computer so it looks like I won't be playing the new game.

Susan frown

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 02:21 PM

Joanie, they don't send notices for the usual daily releases. You need to log in to your account, go to My Account tab, Then My Game Club and it will show you tomorrows release.

Linds, I only do BigFish so I miss out on exclusives on other sites such as RealArcade. I'm sorry that BF doesn't work for you.

Hey Phantom, I put the game info back in for you. wink

Ana wave

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:00 PM

Thanks Ana...I played some last night and I really like this game so far.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:09 PM

Thanks for the tip and the link Phantom thumbsup

Bernie monky

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:17 PM

I hate to say it but the Scruffs house is tidier than mine..
Posted By: Sally(MG)

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:19 PM

Hi guys, I was wondering if you have ran into the same bug I have.

Near the end of the game, stage 16-19 or so, *sometimes* (waiting for the time to run out and starting over sometimes fixes this) an object that was clicked on will vanish as usual, then the name of it would appear again on the list as "undefined."

btw...is this game from Australia or something like that? Sometimes the words they use to refer to stuff are so foreign to me. (they called a tire iron a wrench.)

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:23 PM

Actually, a tire iron is called a lug wrench where I live so I think that shortening it to wrench would be acceptable.
I have not had a chance to download yet to answer the rest of your question.

Happy Gaming!

Ana

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:39 PM

Ah...English is my second language. wink

These games are good for my vocab. I had no idea what a Maui is until I played this, anyhow.

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: JennyP
I hate to say it but the Scruffs house is tidier than mine..

rotfl mine too JennyP!

Linda
Posted By: killerprophets

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 08:25 PM

lol Jenny! I just played the trial with my 8 year old daughter..she is better than me!! seems to be very good.
Posted By: NYLady

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 10:24 PM

I like the game but the inbetween game that gives you gold stars for finding the new scribbles gets a bit tiring. I love the puzzles. It's a cute game and I'm enjoying it.

I sometimes get ads in my email for BG games, but didn't for this one. I think they know they don't have to "push" the hidden object games... they sell well.

It sounds to me like the voices in this game are from Great Britain...
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 11:47 PM

I played the hour trial, and I really enjoyed it. I am considering using the game credit of the month on it. Now if I do that, will I have to buy another game credit this month??? (probably!)

Robin

ps. they sound British to me too!
Posted By: killerprophets

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/28/07 11:47 PM

Thracia...took me a while to work out the anagram rotfl ok ok so i'm slow!!

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/29/07 03:05 AM

No Koala, you only need to buy one a month. But if you want another game in the same month you can buy another credit for the same low price.
Posted By: thracia

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/29/07 11:00 AM

I am absolutly loving this game!!!I do find some of the objects hard to find, but thats the fun of it.I am ranking the game right up there with Interpol(another of my favorites).

Killerprophets: I'm glad you even took the time to try. You're not slow, you're methodical!smile

thracia

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/29/07 01:56 PM

I agree and some of the items they ask for are things I've never seen before so have no clue... all the more fun.

I'm doing chapter 6 for the 3rd time! I'm playing the timed version and can't seem to get them all in time so... it's fun though because each time they ask for mostly different stuff so the challenge is still there.

There has to be a challenge to the hidden object and this game does give that!
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/29/07 06:12 PM

I purchased this one and love it! I don't care for the "finding the new scribbles" part, but that can be skipped. I am about 1/2 way through, and found the language a little different, too. But that is part of the fun! happydance

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!

HorseDancer
Posted By: Whimsical

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/30/07 01:34 AM

Um..I can't get the trial to work. the screen gets kinda bendy. I've lowered the screen resolution to 800 x 600 and still no go.

Any help?

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/30/07 01:37 AM

Whimsical, please contact BigFish for technical help. Their links can be found Here. They have the live chat also if you are a GameClub member.

Ana luck

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/30/07 04:28 AM

Just finished it (the levels just get longer and longer don't they) but I still have some scribbles to finish. I like the scribbles, actually. It reminds me of a mini game from some other game but I can't remember it for the life of me.

The randomization in this game is the only one I find that actually works - I never see anything back to back in chapters. They really should sell the algorithm - nobody else seem to get that part right.
Posted By: Darlene

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/30/07 05:29 AM

wave Hello, all! I've been reading this thread and it sounds like this game is long enough and has good replay-ability. I just finished the trial and found it OK. I guess I'm just trying to find a good enough reason to purchase this.
Posted By: ramona

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 09/30/07 04:08 PM

I did get an E-mail about this game and I will use my September credit on it. It's good to hear that it is fun, challenging and there is real randomization happydance. I will play it after I finish CSI 4.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 10/02/07 01:21 AM

What are the gems they are talking about in the other thread. I didn't want to read too much because they give away where some of them are. I haven't come across any mention of gems. Do you have to get to a certain point first?

Flo

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 10/02/07 01:40 AM

Flo you won't run into anything about the gems until the end of the game.
Apparently they are in different places in different games.
Just have fun playing.

Sue

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 10/02/07 03:35 PM

I am not thrilled with the in-between mini-game of putting the picture back together. Guess there have been too many of that in these games.

Scribbles games? Hmm, must be the games I have been passing when I find a family photo? I guess I need to enter the game again happydance

Linda
Posted By: ramona

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 10/03/07 12:57 AM

I just played this a little last night and I love it thumbsup. This one is definitely on favorite Hide and Seek games list.

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 10/05/07 11:08 AM

I found the childrens secret ... aw, how lovely
Posted By: GEES

Re: The Scruffs on BFG - 10/05/07 11:31 PM

Hi guys. I downloaded the game last week and I have not had a chance to play it. I am a member so If I like it I can buy it cheap. I have about eight games that I have purchased from Big Fish. I am looking forward to playing this one. Thanks for the heads up

Sandi
© 2024 GameBoomers Community