GB HOMEPAGE

Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 02:24 AM

You are in the right place if you have any questions regarding This thread.

If you are in doubt as to what category a game falls into please post here. The correct category will be officially decided by Looney4Labs, MaG or myself, but all opinions are welcome. idea

Any other questions or comments are welcome here also. thumbsup

Please do not post your votes here.

Ana wave
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 01:50 PM

Would Valhalla Classics fall in with this voting?

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 01:59 PM

To my knowledge this is an indie free adventure games but I have not played it. Let me check.....

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 02:31 PM

I would classify the whole series of Valhalla Classics as adventure and not Casual. smile

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 02:32 PM

praise Thanks MaG!

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 08:05 PM

What is Sherlock Holmes Mystery of the Persian Carpet?
Adventure-light or HOG?

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 08:11 PM

I would consider it an Adventure Lite game teetering on Puzzle game.

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 08:21 PM

What is Alchemy?
It certainly isn't a Match 3, even if it did come on the same CD as Bejeweled.
Is it considered a puzzle game?

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/05/09 08:32 PM

Every site I found classifies it as a puzzle game so we'll go with puzzle.

Ana wave

Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/06/09 02:59 PM

After long consideration, I think the adventure bordering on puzzle is about right. They are certainly fun.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/08/09 02:45 PM

Which catagory would Jewel Quest Mysteries come under???There is some of everything. :LOL:

Thanks
wave
Nan

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/08/09 02:49 PM

I just bought it and haven't played yet, so I will go by the review on GameZebo and say HOG.

Ana wave
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/08/09 03:08 PM

Thanks, that was quick. I think you will like the game too!!

wave
Nan
Posted By: orchid girl

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/09/09 03:16 PM

What about Rooms: The Main Building ? Puzzle? think
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/09/09 04:21 PM

Orchid girl, I think Puzzle would cover it. wave
Posted By: GPM

Re: 2009 – The Best of Its Kind – Casual Games - Vote Now! - 01/12/09 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The categories are as follows:

1. Hidden Object (straight HOGs and IHOGs)

2. Adventure Lite (Dream Chronicles, Nancy Drew Dossier series, Azada 2 etc. )

3. Time Management (Includes Strategy)

4. Match 3 (Includes Marble Poppers)

5. Puzzle (Includes Mahjjong, solitaire, word games like the first Azada, Magicama, etc)

I was just wondering where games like the Chocolatier and Tradewinds series would go?

I see Time Management says "(Includes Strategy)," but it just seems kind of wrong to combine games like these that have no time element whatsoever in with games like Turbo Subs and Diner Dash.

Re: 2009 – The Best of Its Kind – Casual Games - Vote Now! - 01/12/09 02:43 AM

Gail, It is not feasible to tally dozens of categories and something has to be combined. The Category is shared by both because it has the smallest following here.

Ana wave
Posted By: GPM

Re: 2009 – The Best of Its Kind – Casual Games - Vote Now! - 01/12/09 06:22 PM

No problem! It just didn't seem intuitively right to me, so I thought I might be missing something.

Thanks for moving my post to the correct place!

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/12/09 06:42 PM

The funny thing is , if you look on BigFish, it has multiple games under multiple headings. I don't think even they are sure where some go. I noticed their category for both Chocolatier and Tradewinds is Adventure. It is so difficult to choose on some games where they should go.

Ana wave
Posted By: jody319

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/13/09 03:53 PM

Hey y'all...question? Does the game have to be published in 2008 or, like me, if someone is new to Casual gaming and are playing games published earlier, are they okay for this list?

Thanks in advance...Jody confused

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/13/09 04:03 PM

Jody, any age, just as long as it's casual.

Ana wave
Posted By: jody319

Re: Questions Only Regarding the Best of Casual Games Voting - 01/14/09 02:24 PM

Thank you Ana...am working on my list now!

Jody
© 2024 GameBoomers Community