GB HOMEPAGE

Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 01:42 PM

You can download Deadtime Stories Here.

Quote:

Sinister thrills await in this gorgeously dark and unsettling telling of a real-life ghost story from New Orleans’ shadowy history. Free trapped spirits, cast spells and unlock fragments hidden in the paranormal world to reveal the story of a misguided voodoo queen. Use your wits as you dive into a spooky world in Deadtime Stories, a haunting Hidden Object Adventure game. Discover the history and secrets of 19th century New Orleans!

Gorgeous artwork
Immersive atmosphere
Sinister thrills await you!
Check out the blog walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: cris53

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 02:01 PM

At long last...I have used my punch card credit. I was beginning to panic... and then along came this (in the nick of time). Short, but a very good game. I particularly enjoyed the mini game where you have to put the right item on the shelf according to the the limited instructions. Logic puzzles ROCK! The background music was nice, graphics were clear and the HOGs not too easy to find. Thumbs up!
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 02:17 PM

I agree, cris53.
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 02:38 PM

This is one I will buy. It will also fill my punch card for next months freebie........yippie.

See ya later.........hanging out the busy sign.
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 02:56 PM

This is definite must buy for me, just have to wait 2 more days to start a new punch card.
Posted By: HorseDancer

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 03:18 PM

Oh, I should have thought of that! -waiting two days, but got excited and got it this morning!

Now I am stuck trying to shut all the doors on the dovecote!

I even used the hint, and it just said to shut all the doors. When I shut one the dove flies back out!
Great game though! Love the graphics and the twists! :spring:

Finally got it. I did not realize I was supposed to use the little levers!
lol
Posted By: GBC

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 04:17 PM

Thanks Ana, this is a great game. I like it. Lots of interaction. smile
Posted By: dorish

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 05:35 PM

LOL! Does anyone know how to put the sail together? I have all the stuff,but don't know where each item goes.

Doreen

It's ok, I got it

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 06:20 PM

Check out BFG forum. They have lots of hints!

Good Luck
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 06:22 PM

I had to have it ....

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/29/10 07:39 PM

Horsedancer, can you please credit the person that wrote that on BigFish please and thank you.

Ana wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/30/10 01:13 AM

Hi, Ana!

I'm gonna check this one out because I have one more game to buy in order to fill my April BFG punch card. From the comments, it looks as though I've found "Lucky #6".

Susan
Posted By: raylinstephens

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 04/30/10 01:28 PM

Thank you - you were right - this is worth the buying happydance

I had a credit that would expire today and I bought this game with it yesterday!

Thank you very much, cris53!
Posted By: cris53

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/01/10 01:09 PM

I don't know if it's just me, raylinstephens, but after the dearth of good games in April, you might want to change your signature. How about "So many free games, so little to spend them on!" Only joking! We are usually trying NOT to buy everything that's released (Well I am.)
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/01/10 03:44 PM

I think this has turned out to be a pretty good game. I had my doubts at first but have changed my mind........its quite nice once I got the knack of mixing potions.

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/01/10 04:19 PM

I loved this game! When I was a kid, I got a chemistry set one year for Christmas! I was always trying to "create" new potions! rotfl

The graphics are crisp and clear - easy for me to see into the game play, and I can hardly wait for the follow up games!! rah

Happy Spring! :spring:
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/03/10 09:40 PM

This is a great game-I'm in love with the graphics, the music,the puzzles...everything. Much like with Briar Rose I never want this one to end. I have become addicted to these games and I'm so glad that I discovered them through this forum.

Thanks so much you guys,
Tracy
Posted By: katbear50

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/04/10 03:14 AM

JennyP, thnx 4 the 'Animal Crossing on DS' info.
Just went to ck it out and said
click here to send an e-card.
Well, silly me...punched it and jumped...
1st thing I saw was:
"Hey Kool Kat,
swing by and hear my tunes sometime, dig?
KK Slider"
ROFLOL snicker
I really need to get out more crazy

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/04/10 12:55 PM

Kat, did you mean this to be via PM, it doesn't appear to be relevent to this thread?
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/04/10 05:15 PM

Ana...

This game is "Wonderful" No need to demo it...I bought it right after seeing the screenshots...

Great game.. rah

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 05:19 AM

This WAS fantastic. I just finished it and already I'm wishing it were still going on. SIGH I hope they make more "Deadtime Stories" soon because if they are anything like this first one, they're going to be awesome!

Tracy smile
Posted By: meryl

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 07:18 AM

Is this game an IHOG or a HOG?
I don't want to just endlessly search for hidden objects.
Value Gameboomers opinions before buying any game.
thanks
Meryl
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 07:51 AM

Sadly the game will not play on my computer. I guess it's time to buy a new one!
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 01:25 PM

meryl..

This is an IHOG....I really love the game..

You make potions, and do many things.

Very creepy also....I love the carriage guys voice.

Sorry ,Penny..It won't play.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 06:19 PM

Enjoyed this game very much..hope they have another very soon similar but that might run a bit better. I figured since my machine older xp might run a bit slow(if at all) but was surprised that it did run. what i did was to quit the game every so often and then restart..seemed to help quite a bit. I noticed Jane Jensen's name in the credits...another reason it was so good!! I am going to try in on my laptop Vista sometime and see it it does ok on it. I did notice at the Forums (BF)that quite a few people had problems with getting this game to run..

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 06:32 PM

Yes, this is a Jane Jensen casual game. She has a great gift for telling stories.

Ana wave

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 08:49 PM

Hi Ana. Just wondering--I didn't know that this was made my Jane Jensen--how cool! Do you know if she's done other casual games and how/where I might find them?

Thanks!
Tracy smile

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/05/10 09:26 PM

Tracy, I'm trying to remember them all, but here are some:

James Patterson’s Women’s Murder Club Series
Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile
Agatha Christie’s Peril at End House
Agatha CHristie's Dead Mans Folly
Dr. Lynch Grave Secrets

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/06/10 12:33 AM

Jane Jensen is also responsible for Inspector Parker and BeTrapped; they are not HOGs but rather puzzle games. Worth a look! Big Fish has them both. smile

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/06/10 03:16 AM

Thanks so much Ana and Marian! This is going to be even more fun now that I know she was involved with making these games. smile

Tracy
Posted By: jody319

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/06/10 05:38 PM

Was loving the game, then BBOOM. Deadtime.exe stops. frown Contacted support and they said I could either opt out of the game, or wait for fix. I said wait for fix. Many peeps have been having same problem obviously as they are contacting the producer of the game.

BUT what am I going to do for a fix whilst waiting for THE fix? hardwall Guess I can just keep writing these posts and enjoying the SMILIES! wink

Ah see another game that looks intersting happydance ...guess I'll wait for the little bubble that tells me that a fix is available. So if you have been playing with no problems, and this happens, hopefully a fix is on the way ASAP. cry

Jody (BIG FISH they are great in responding... rah )

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/06/10 07:38 PM

Hi,
So Sorry you are having problems. The game played beautifully for me - my only problem is patience waiting for the next one! rah

I broke down at Christmas and bought a new computer as I started having problems with the games running. The BFG staff was so wonderfully helpful, but some games could not run without more ram.

Good luck!! :spring:

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/06/10 08:36 PM

Well my computer is fairly new also, with updated everything that I could want as far as games (can you tell where my desire is !!!!). Not that I haven't kept my "old" computer with XP on it so that I can play the games I already own that don't run on Vista or W7 (stashed away hiding it's little self staying safe). And actually somewhere (I feel like I might have my own HO game ready to photograph and list in the junk in my attic and room-over) I have an even older one on which I could play my "really" oldies AND goodies.

I already am awaiting the next "chapter" and I haven't even finished it yet, just know that I like what I've seen so far.

Thanks for the good luck, and Happy Trails to you also...

Jody
Posted By: Calypso

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/07/10 05:59 PM

Jody

Try restarting the game using a different profile. That worked for me & some others that were having the same problem. It looks like the saved game gets corrupted somehow. It's worth a try. smile

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/07/10 09:04 PM

Thanks, Calypso. I just might do that in that it is a great story and I just finished my last casual before I get Black Mirror 2 (hopefully soon).

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw it earlier in this thread a couple of days ago, and just forgot that folks were having problems.

Again thanks...Jody

ADDITION: Thanks again and again, Calypso. Well I started over and finished this time. What fun that game was...my oh my, just great fun!
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/11/10 03:51 PM

Deadtime Stories is an awesome game. I just finished, no problems with it whatsoever and loved everything about it....graphics, music the characters and voices.....just perfect! Some items were a bit difficult to find but I loved the challenge. I cannot wait for Edward Blackgate to come back with another of his stories from the vault. happydance

Woohoo!

Posted By: lucinda

Re: Deadtime Stories - New HOG on BigFish - 05/12/10 12:17 PM

Thought it was a great game also. Going to New Orleans in a few days and had to play to get ready!! Hope I don't meet up with any Voodoo Queen's though!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community