GB HOMEPAGE

Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - UPDATED

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - UPDATED - 06/24/10 01:15 PM

Codeminion is proud to release it's new game, Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal. A combination HOG/Adventure it's guaranteed to bring hours of enjoyment to lovers of both.

UPDATE:
Originally Posted By: TwinBottles

Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal version 1.25 has been released!
Among other things it fixes the problem when, on rare occasions, a minigame wouldn't start. Just grab the new version from

http://www.brunhildathegame.com/

You will keep old profile, saves and everything :-)

More info about the game: www.brunhildathegame.com

Free demo download (150 MB): Click here.

Game trailer: Click here.

Screenshots: Click here.

Quote:
The game takes Brunhilda, a young linguistics student from New York, on an unexpected wild journey to the varied lands of the Magical Realm - a place she thought was just an innocent, weird fantasy of her eccentric aunt. The story focuses on an ancient prophecy and makes Brunhilda personally responsible for solving the great mystery of fading magic and, as it turns out, also saving the world. Together with her bag-entrapped sarcastic demon companion, Brunhilda will learn how to construct a flying broom, dare to disturb sleeping dragons, deal with air pirates and learn the arcane crafts of Wizardry, Alchemy and Telepathy minigames. The story is packed with many twists and turns, humorous dialogues and the gameplay is a mixture of hidden object mechanic, puzzles and point and click quest solving.

Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal most prominent features include:

• Clever blend of classic adventure and hidden object game mechanics

. Over 6 hours of gameplay (longer than typical casual game)

• 10 different lands to visit with multiple locations and NPC characters

• Engaging, epic and humorous story

• All character dialogues with full professional voice over

• Beautiful hand drawn graphics

• 3 arcane mini-games to master

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/24/10 01:21 PM

bravo Great!

Thanks,Ana.
Posted By: connie

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/24/10 03:22 PM

I bought it, haven't played it yet. wave
Posted By: jody319

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/24/10 07:04 PM

Just a heads up...I bought, was playing along having a great time, then BOOM, crashed to desktop and I haven't been able to get it going again. I have written support about this, so I will wait and see what they say.

Wrote this just in case someone else is having the same problem and to see if they had corrected it on their own. I would like to know.

Thanks...Jody

ADDITION: OK I started over and I got through the chapter without crashing this time...well, if you have finished chapter two, maybe I crashed rotfl but in a different way! But the game is working for now...

ADDITION: Their support department contacted me ASAP and are willing to work with me to find the problem with the first game I tried to play. GOOD response...wanted to let y'all know that they are up in my book!
Posted By: NYLady

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/25/10 06:26 PM

I like it - cute game and not too hard. Lot's of hints and help available.
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/26/10 12:29 AM

I am enjoying the light humor in this game. Very well thought out.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/26/10 05:13 PM

I know three little 8 year- old girls who are going to love this one next weekend (lots of visiting company!. Of course, great-auntie and grandma is also finding it quite fun. I would have liked to be able to turn off the dialogue boxes for myself, but the girls will like them. I played almost all the way through the rats on my 64-bit Win 7 and it played perfectly so far.

Very cute game!
Posted By: fildil

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/27/10 02:00 PM

I just played the demo until the Rat Town, but I think that this is a very interesting game.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/27/10 03:56 PM

It looks interesting so I'm going to give the trial version a shot.
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 06/27/10 06:16 PM

Thank you, didn 't care for it.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 03:36 AM

So, I'm playing the full game and have run into what might be a glitch. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if I'm just losing my mind.

I'm in the Hamlet and am looking for the rags to plug the holes in the store for the creepy proprietor. I have found all of them but for one. The hints say it is by the barrels near the coach, but there is nothing there no matter how much I click. When I use the magnifying glass I can't find it either. Is the hint wrong and I should be looking somewhere else?
Posted By: carlahelp

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 12:16 PM

Drac,
there is a walkthru on Gamezebo if you want to look at it.
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 01:40 PM

I remember there being a big one on top of the coach. Do you have that one yet? smile

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 01:41 PM

Thanks, Carla - that did the trick! The hint was indeed wrong. I should have thought to look elsewhere.
Posted By: TwinBottles

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 01:50 PM

Hello Everyone!

We are the developers behind Brunhilda And the Dark Crystal. Jody 319 mentioned this forum, so we though we could drop by in case anyone needs help or wants to share his thoughts on the game :-)

I was going to post link to walkthru on GZ for you Drac, but Carla did it seconds before me, snap! laugh

Anyway - it's pretty weird story with that hint. I was sure you were looking for that rag on Vincent's roof, since you mentioned that hint pointed to him.

Konstanty, TwinBottles

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 02:52 PM

Welcome, TwinBottles! It's great to see you and I have no doubt I will be back again. No, I had gotten all the rags except one. The hint pointed to the wooden barrels, but the last rag was the one to the right of the archway leading back to the forest. When I have more time, I'll start another game and see if the glitch repeats itself.

In the meantime, this is just a very fun game and I'm enjoying it immensely! I'm a moderator at another gaming forum - Mystery Manor - and I'm going to mention this game over there too. Thanks for stopping by to get me out of a jam!

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 03:44 PM

welcome TwinBottles.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 05:42 PM

Hi Twinbottles,
I love your game. I have had no problem with glitches or anything. Just a very fun and enjoyable game. Please make more.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/01/10 10:55 PM

Thanks for welcome everyone! I will stick around, so if you have any questions just post here :-) And have a great time playing Brunhilda ;-)

Konstanty
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/02/10 04:05 AM

Hi TwinBottles,
I purchased the game and completely love it. flowers Thanks for making such a fun amusing game. rah bravo
Kathy
happydance

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/04/10 01:13 PM

Glad you liked it Cathy, nothing more gratifying than a happy gamer laugh

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/04/10 07:17 PM

TwinBottles, I have 3 little 8 year-old girls visiting me this weekend and they are having an absolutely wonderful time with the game. I've had as much fun sitting behind and them and watching them find things and talk about what to do next between themselves! The few instances of the "d" word haven't even fazed them.... Love it!!

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/05/10 11:12 PM

To be honest I'm not that surprised :-) My 10 years old sister also loved the game. Didn't get most of the jokes and story but surprisingly enough she loved the demon and said "hey, monster - help me!" every time she used the seal laugh

On related news:

Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal version 1.25 has been released!
Among other things it fixes the problem when, on rare occasions, a minigame wouldn't start. Just grab the new version from

http://www.brunhildathegame.com/

You will keep old profile, saves and everything :-)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/05/10 11:32 PM

Thanks TwinBottles. I'll put that in the original post so it'll be noticed.

Ana wave

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/06/10 01:46 AM

Neither the girls nor I have had any problems in our games. But I'll get the update for sure. Thanks, TwinBottles!

Things like the "nine inch nails" and the other offbeat humor went right by them of course! That didn't mean I wasn't sitting there chuckling...
Posted By: thracia

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/06/10 08:54 PM

What do you do when you go to the link?The choices seem to be download the trial, or purchase the game. Which one fixes the problems?

thracia

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/06/10 09:26 PM

If you have already installed and unlocked a copy of the game, then you can simply download trial. After installing unlock it with the same serial number as previous version.

Let me know how it worked out :-)

Konstanty, TwinBottles
Posted By: thracia

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/07/10 12:32 AM

Thank you for answering my question Konstanty. BTW, I love the game. Having lots of fun. The Characters are great. I especially like the voice acting.

thracia

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/09/10 03:22 AM

Company has left and I finally finished the game. Great little game and I sense a sequel in the making. Don't make us wait too long, Konstanty!

Oh, and the "glitch" I thought I ran into with the hint being wrong in the hamlet was only a "glitch" in my brain! It was the first time I had used the hints and I was looking at where the "lightning" was pointing, not where the sparkly circle was. The sparkly circle pointed right at the missing rag.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/09/10 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr

Oh, and the "glitch" I thought I ran into with the hint being wrong in the hamlet was only a "glitch" in my brain! It was the first time I had used the hints and I was looking at where the "lightning" was pointing, not where the sparkly circle was. The sparkly circle pointed right at the missing rag.

Believe it or not, but after some experiments we figured out that something like this happened. Partly because someone reported such problem before. I guess the hint beam should be more visible :-)

Funny thing you mention Brunhilda 2, because today we are starting with "submit you idea for Brunhilda 2" page laugh

I will create separate thread for it I guess ;-)
Posted By: GBC

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/09/10 01:13 PM

Thanks Ana, thanks Konstanty. Just bought this game today. It's very good. rah

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/09/10 02:34 PM

No, the hint system was perfectly fine. It was "operator error!" When I finally figured it out, I looked for the sparkly circle when I used it.
Posted By: EldonA

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/10/10 02:59 PM

This is a good game but there was one big turn-off for me and I am surprised that noone has mentioned it. I found the hidden objects to often be very small and the graphics not clear (even at higher resolution with an excellent monitor). Even when the hint told me where something was I could not make it out. Resulted in a lot of random clicking and hint use.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/10/10 05:45 PM

JKEerie mentioned it in the great offer from TwinBottles for suggestions for the sequel. I often had to use a hint to get an idea of exactly what I was looking for. Then it was a little easier.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/16/10 01:22 PM

@EldonA: We are working on Brunhilda 2 now, and we will make sure that there are no very small items. Just items hidden in most evil ways! laugh I'm glad you enjoyed the game anyway!

I also wanted to let you know that new version 1.26 was released along with new languages. People complaining about game being too hand-holding should check out new Adventure mode!

From Codeminion's press release:
Quote:

We have a great news for Brunhilda fans all around the World! Starting from today, Brunhilda for Windows is available in the following languages:

French
German
Spanish
Polish
English

The new versions also feature many improvements - the game was upgraded to version 1.26 and features a brand new Adventure Game Mode. This new mode makes the game a bit more challenging, by disabling the many interactive hints normally present in the game.

If you haven't played Brunhilda yet, you can download a demo version from our website for free. If you have already purchased Brunhilda, your key will still work with the new version and all language translations - to upgrade you just need to download the game and install it again. Your saved games will not be deleted.

We're also still working on the Mac version of Brunhilda, so we appreciate patience of all Mac users.

http://codeminion.com/en/home/

Konstanty, TwinBottles

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/16/10 01:53 PM

TwinBottles,

To reinstall this new version do I uninstall the old game first?

Tigre, maybe you can help. I should have asked you to start with. Can I install the new version without uninstalling the version I have?

Thanks ever so.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/16/10 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: carlahelp
TwinBottles,

To reinstall this new version do I uninstall the old game first?

Tigre, maybe you can help. I should have asked you to start with. Can I install the new version without uninstalling the version I have?

Thanks ever so.

Don't uninstall old game, just install new version over old one. This way you get to keep saved games, settings and profiles!

Konstanty

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 07/17/10 12:11 AM

Thanks Konstanty for a quick answer. Will do it now.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 08/04/10 11:50 AM

Hi everyone!

Today's a big day for Brunhilda! The game is now available on BFG and other major portals.

So if you waited with purchase until the game is available on your favorite portal - you can get it now!

Have fun!
Konstanty, TwinBottles

Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 08/04/10 07:47 PM

I had already purchased the game from Codeminion so I downloaded the updated version, and didn't have to re-register at all.

It just went right to the game and had on the opening box, thank you for registering. So, it picked up that the game was already registered the first time.

However, I can't seem to find the adventure mode. It dies say that what I have is edition 1.27 but I don't see where I can change from casual to adventure. I check again.

Found it.

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 08/08/10 12:24 AM

Update: Brunhilda was released on... well, almost everywhere. So it's probably available on your favorite portal as well :-)

Konstanty, TwinBottles
Posted By: Marian

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 08/08/10 12:40 AM

It's a very nice game and a purchase for me. smile

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 08/13/10 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
It's a very nice game and a purchase for me. smile

Glad you liked it - maybe you could consider submitting few ideas of what would you like to see in Brunhilda 2?

http://brunhildathegame.com/sequel/
Posted By: Marian

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 08/14/10 01:54 PM

Will do! wave

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 10/02/10 11:51 PM

Just dropping by with the news: Mac version of the game is now available on BFG. Both PPC and Intel supported. Have fun!

Konstanty, TwinBottles

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 10/02/10 11:57 PM

Thanks, Konstanty.
Posted By: cakefordinner

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 10/09/10 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TwinBottles
Just dropping by with the news: Mac version of the game is now available on BFG. Both PPC and Intel supported. Have fun!

Konstanty, TwinBottles
Well, well. Look what the cats (how are they, by the way?) dragged in. LOL wink

Shouldn't you be working on B2 instead of playing in forums? Oh, I forgot. You have Filip locked in the dungeon doing that. lol

Hi Konstanty!

Re: Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - New IHOG Adventure from Codeminion - 10/09/10 06:29 PM

Hi Cake!

We are working on B2, but things are happening with with B1 at the same time so I try to keep this thread up to date :-)

Cats are little sick lately frown at least the youngest (and the fattest) one. He just finished his antibiotics treatement. Something with the stomache, we suspect parasites, but are still waiting for test results.

Nice to see you are here as well :-)

Konstanty

© 2024 GameBoomers Community