GB HOMEPAGE

Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/02/10 02:02 PM

You can download Escape from Frankenstein's Castle here.

Quote:
Injured in a car crash with her fiancé Horatio, Hannah wakes up alone and finds herself trapped in Dr. Frankenstein’s castle. Horatio’s missing. Help Hannah as she interacts with the castle’s suspicious inhabitants, discovers clues about the doctor’s master plan, and completes puzzles to find an Escape from Frankenstein’s Castle. Dive into this Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game and save Hannah and Horatio!

Perplexing puzzles
Exciting adventure
Check out our Blog Walkthrough
Get the Strategy Guide !
Check out more Playfirst Games !

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/02/10 02:40 PM

Thanks Ana! I like the game's historical atmosphere. wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/02/10 09:06 PM

Off to try it now.

thracia
Posted By: GBC

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/03/10 10:57 AM

I tried this game yesterday. It's a really short one. I got over half the game completed in the trial version so I passed on the purchase.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/05/10 12:26 PM

Beautiful adventure game with some hog and interactive hog. I love the game! I hate straight hogs burned out on them after years of playing them. Graphics are beautiful, storyline interesting, the voice overs are rare but enjoyable wish there was more voice in the game.

I played 10 minutes and knew I would buy the game. It would have been better if Isabel the ghost had ghostly speech we can hear. Map could have been better not much help other than knowing where you are at. If you don't like adventure games you might not like this game, however I love adventure games and the more the better.

I seldom buy a game that just hands me a list of items that serves no purpose, LOL like plungers for instance if I don't have to unclog a toilet don't tell me to find a plunger!

Some people are complaining of longer than usual downloading of next screen but I had no issue of quickness loading the next screen, maybe it depends on your computer and newness I don't know. I don't know about the length of it but I usually take longer to finish than the people who complain of short length.
Posted By: butterflybabe

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/05/10 08:59 PM

Quote:
I don't have to unclog a toilet don't tell me to find a plunger!

lol

I get your meaning, yet even the best HOG adventure games don't require the player to use most objects that a scene requires you to find. Yet that's an Interesting example; if a game ever includes it to find a clue, I'll think of your posting. snicker
Posted By: tinagoss

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/10 02:30 AM

I'm playing this and gotten to the lab where I have to make Dipple Oil. I've followed the walkthrough to the letter and it won't trigger me to take her bone? I try and it asks Hannah if it's okay, but nothing shows up? Hmmm?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/10 02:38 AM

There is a thread on that here that will hopefully help you.

Ana luck
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/10 01:51 PM

Compared to many of the recent releases from BFG, this one is a big loser. I'm another one that finds the loading between scenes tiresome, especially since the game requires that you keep returning to certain areas. May be appealing to someone new to IHOGs. Graphics aren't bad and the story is interesting. But can't make up for the frustrating gameplay.
Posted By: tinagoss

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/10 06:30 PM

Thanks Brown! I'll try clicking around some more.
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/10 09:47 PM

It loaded all right for me, certainly not great, but liveable. However, I have to agree that the gameplay gets in the way of the other features. This had some redeeming features, but I passed on it as well.
Posted By: widget

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/10 06:53 PM

Has anyone got this 'bone'??? if so can they tell me how to get it, sick
all I am doing is getting more and more annoyed. mad mad
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/10 10:03 PM

Widget, have you checked the Walkthrough Here?
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/08/10 01:52 AM

wave Butterflybabe the next game plunger you see in a list of HOGS thanks for thinking of me. lol

I just finished the game and it took me 5 hours to do so maybe more. I loved the game and can't understand the bad ratings some are giving the game.

Interesting puzzles, and I thought the graphics were good showing the inside of a castle. I was sorry to see it end.

I read some reviews trashing the game and saying it was too short. Well at least not for me it wasn't. Some are complaining the game is too easy, well I take offense at that I am a good game player and had to consult the hint section a few times. I love games like this.

I found the storyline interesting everyone knows the story of Frankenstein I love the twist in the story. I loved the card game and wish they would make it where we can play it whenever we want to do so.

Some complained of the time it takes to load the next screen level for me it took 2 seconds sometimes 3 seconds. Now what else would I be doing with 2 or 3 seconds of my life? LOL I love the way the game keeps track of your achievements of finding the ghosts personal items. I did not find 3 items at the end of the game.

:wave Hi Widget and TinaGoss if you haven't found the answer to where to get the bone for formula. Don't read if you don't want to know where Isabella body is. big spoiler alert below.

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]
Isabella body is in the wall of the lab supply room. Check out the crack in the wall on the left. You use her bone.[spoiler]
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/08/10 02:47 AM

I couldn't agree more Sherryah.

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/08/10 07:33 AM

Looney4labs, the link is down at the moment, but will certainly look later,

sherryah, I have done all what you say, clicked all over that 'hole' ans skeleton, and all that comes up all the time is the dialog of them talking.
there is a big discussion on BF Forum about this, most are saying you have to play it twice, find that annoying.

I use to like the games where you had to 'save' as you went along, then at least you could go back to certain stops and start again.

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/08/10 10:39 AM

Have tried the gamezebo walkthrough, no luck, just the same, cannot get the bone!!!!

Sherryah, can you remember if you had a problem with this part???
I am on the verge of deleting it, shame because so far I have enjoyed it,

Re: Escape from Frankenstein's Castle - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/09/10 05:45 PM

I have done it, played it again in different player, and this time it was easy,

so if anyone is stuck, begin again.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community