GB HOMEPAGE

Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/17/10 02:10 PM

You can download Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White here.

Quote:
Who is this Woman in White and where did she come from? Walter Hartright, a poor drawing teacher, finds himself in the middle of an inexplicable mystery. Somehow his future is intertwined with an elusive woman who harbors a dreadful secret. A secret so damaging her life is in danger! Explore Victorian mansions finding Hidden Objects, search for clues, uncover diabolical plots, root out the lies, and discover the truth in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White.

Gorgeous locations
Immersive atmosphere
Discover her secret!
Get the Strategy Guide !
Check out our Blog Walkthrough

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: NYLady

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/17/10 02:57 PM

I like it. Voices, good graphics, good story, good HOG scenes and it has two levels of play.

Exploring a mansion, using inventory items to solve the mystery.

I am due a credit next week and will probably use it on this one. If I can wait that long...:)
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/17/10 04:54 PM

The loading's a pain in the patoot.I download wt to fav's and exit game to see what's next, then resume game. Most games exit fast, reload fast cause you can click the skip button. This one you have to waaaaait. Good game, tho.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/17/10 05:21 PM

I just finished the game. That was super.
Posted By: menahune

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/17/10 05:36 PM

I've been waiting for this one for a long time, and there's a credit burning a hole in my pocket

Tried to read the book by Wilkie Collins several times - while standing about in the bookstore. It's 800 pages - puleeze - not for me

Almost finished the demo, and having to check the walkthru about mixing paint

Janice
Posted By: Marian

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/17/10 06:00 PM

I've read the book twice so will be checking out the game, for sure. grin
Posted By: traveler

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 01:30 AM

Well, here comes cranky. Way long ago, I read quite a bit of Wilkie Collins, so I was interested but this demo is a mess. The hint system doesn't work, at least on that first HOG scene, and since I had NO idea what manganese looks like (who thought that one up?), I needed it. (Close out, head for Google.) If you use something from inventory somewhere you shouldn't have, boy does the game let you know it! If you reload, you don't go straight to Play, you have to watch the opening cut scene again. Once again, I'll pass.

I know, I know, I should stick to Adventure Games and stop grousing. <g>

Gil.

Posted By: Susie07

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 01:43 AM

Hi, traveler!

If it's any consolation, BFG is aware of the problem with the "Hint" button not working in the first HO scene and are working on a fix.

I played and enjoyed the demo, but I'm not going to buy it until I read that all of the bugs have been ironed out.

Susan

Posted By: Happy Gamer

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 03:20 AM

well I too am very sad as I tried twice to download and play this game...the sound is awful and the screen is jerky so I might not have the right video card or one that's too old. Not had this problem with any other Big Fish games....Have read many of Wilkie Collins books so was so excited about this game. Has anyone else had this experience?

Happy Gamer

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 03:41 AM

Hi, Happy!

I had problems with a flickering screen on one of the demos I downloaded (when the game loaded, I could still see my desktop in the background) so I installed the latest drivers for my video card and that fixed the problem. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 03:43 AM

Happy, some of the folks on the Big Fish forums have played through the game without problems; others have not. We will just have to wait and see, I guess, whether a new build is forthcoming. The game runs well for me without issues (with the exception of the hint button not working in the opening HOG scene, as mentioned above).

Does your computer meet the system requirements for the game? As Susan mentioned, checking for an update to your video drivers is a good idea.
Posted By: Darlene

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 05:10 AM

wave

Began the demo tonight. From the get-go, no problem, even with the hint button on the first HOG scene. Used it twice....
Have only played about 30 minutes, will get back to it tomorrow, maybe later tonight. We'll see how the rest of it plays out. So far, so good.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 05:46 AM

this game does not save where you left off.

MISERY LIKES COMPANY sorry for shouting that but when I saw on BFG forum many people having same problem like me especially starts in chapt 2. I am not the only one with the save game problem it feels good to know it is not just my computer glitch. This isn't good and it is a shame because the game is a beautiful in so many ways.

I have PC vista 32 and did not have any problem launching the game. It really is a beautiful game and voices done beautifully with beautiful music that doesn't get on your nerves. I was in the gazebo and left to check out walkthru so I took it off full screen by going to main menu and clicking on options. I was doing this several times during the game with no problem. After I checked hints I clicked on play expecting no problems. WRONG now I have to join the voices in complaints.

I knew there was trouble when the intro started again and I was outside mansion so I clicked skip. I was relieved to see all my gazebo chapt 2 inventory still there proving the game was saved. Big relief on that. However I can't get back to the gazebo or the lake every room is saying nothing to do in the room. PLEASE help me someone how do I get back to the gazebo and the lake? Before I didn't walk to it once I unlocked the bedroom window saw the ghost game said in the morning I would check gazebo out. This is what happened it took me to chapt 2

After I returned to the game there appears no way to get back to the gazebo or lake. The map shows it and shows where I am at but when I click on the gazebo of course it is not interactive and does nothing.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated I hate to restart the game and I did purchase it. Truth is I hate the hog part burnt out on hogs after all these years of buying everyone on BFG the best part of this game is the interactive part in my opinion the mini games I have not had to skip a single one and for me that is not usual.

Buyer beware a great game but needs a update fix for many of us.
Posted By: widget

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 10:14 AM

I have had no problem [fingers X] have just bought it, loved the demo, love the game.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 01:05 PM

Thanks Susan....(I'm a Susan too)...anyway, actually I need a newer Nvidia card anyway as I know mine's not being supported..it's FX6200 which is pretty pathetic so I'm off to Best Buy I guess. Drivers are all updated as much as they can be...couldn't even play Black Mirror II.

Marian- Do you have an opinion on how powerful a new card I should get? I know I'm way lower than I should be but the computer geeks at Best Buy did lots of work on my pc saying my card was fine for the type of gaming I was into....I suspect they are wrong?!
Loving these IHO games BTW

Happy Gamer

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/10 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Happy Gamer

Marian- Do you have an opinion on how powerful a new card I should get? I know I'm way lower than I should be but the computer geeks at Best Buy did lots of work on my pc saying my card was fine for the type of gaming I was into....I suspect they are wrong?!
Loving these IHO games BTW

Happy Gamer

I'd post over in Glitches, Bugs and Patches and ask the experts over there. They can figure out what kind of video card upgrade your computer can accept and whether you would need to also upgrade your power supply, depending on what kind of a video card upgrade you got.

The other thing is to talk to Big Fish Customer Support to make sure your DirectX, Adobe Flash Player, Shockwave, etc., is also up to date. It's possible that all you need to do is to upgrade one of those programs in order to get this game running properly. They could look at your system specs and offer suggestions. smile

EDIT: As of today, the 18th, there is a new version of the game on Big Fish:

1. The hint button now works in the first HOG scene.

2. Fixes game not starting, or crashing, on the Big Fish splash screen

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 01:10 AM

Marian-

I got a new video card this morning...Radeon HD3650 which is much more powerful than my Nvidia. However, I got home to play Woman in White and same problem with sound exists. Soooo I will check with Big Fish and go back to Best Buy tomorrow. Thanks for help.

Happy

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 01:24 AM

Have you checked to see if there is an upgrade for your sound drivers? That's what solved a sound problem I had once with a Big Fish game.
Posted By: Sherryah

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 02:01 AM

Heads up there is a update for the game for those who can't get it to launch or it crashes. Bad news is many of us complained at BFG forum because if you leave the game to buy it especially after you go to the gazebo and lake you will not be able to proceed with the game.

The only thing to do is restart the game or start a new profile. The game for many people does not save where you leave off. So the suggestion is do not shut the game off for any reason. I uninstalled and reinstalled with new update and will not close the game. Never played a game like that before. So many people are complaining about the save bug hopefully it will be fixed with another update.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 02:45 AM

Hi, Sherryah!

I played the demo but held off buying the game because the "Hint" button was disabled in the first HO scene, and I read in the BFG forum about several other problems people were having.

I read this afternoon that a new version had been released that fixed all of the bugs so I purchased the game but, when I launched the Game Manager, there were no updates available, so I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again, believing I would get the new version. I did not because the "Hint" button was still disabled in the first HO scene and, once, after I quit the game and started to play again, I kept getting bounced back to my desktop.

I was finally able to finish the game without any more problems, but if a new version was released, I don't know why I didn't receive the update when I launched the Game Manager because none of the bugs I experienced in the demo were fixed.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 02:57 AM

I checked my Game Manager also tonight and no updates were available. I had thought to buy and reload game also Susan...but maybe I should just forget it for now...bummer!

Happy Gamer

Marian.... supposedly when Computer Geeks did major "clean up" on my computer they updated all drivers though I couldn't update my video card as it was no longer supported. I will check my sound drivers again however...thanks for keeping the ideas coming...

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 03:29 AM

For what it's worth, here's the page on Big Fish that outlines all the steps to ensure that your computer is fully up to date on all necessary programs to run Big Fish games:

Big Fish technical information

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 03:53 AM

Thanks Marian....I had checked there but guess what....I GOT THE GAME TO PLAY...I messed with acceleration stuff in sound cards...dumped the Trial game and bit the dust buying the game. It plays....unreal. I have no idea why....but when you mentioned Sound card I remembered sliding the acceleration "dealie"...maybe that helped. Or maybe the "patch" was in the full game though others have bought game and still have problems...of course I might cry tomorrow when game fails in some other area...thanks again for help.

Hap

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 04:33 AM

Great idea about adjusting the acceleration! thumbsup

Hopefully you will be able to play the full game without incident. Fingers crossed! smile

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 04:43 PM

Hi, Happy!

I'm glad you finally got the game to run, but I'd still like to know what happened to the new version because I just launched the BFG Game Manager and no updates were shown.

I think you'll be very pleased with your new video card. I've been buying ATI cards since the mid '90s and wouldn't buy anything else.

Susan
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 09:01 PM

@Susie07
Well you will soon have to as they are being dropped.

Not really a player of casuals but I have read a few Wilkie Collins books (and I would highly recommend them for people who havent tried) so I thought I would give the demo a go and it worked glitch free for me. How much gameplay do you usually get in the casuals?
Posted By: Springchicken

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 09:13 PM

Just finished it, no problems whith saving or anything else. Loved the game.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 11:09 PM

Do you mean ATI cards are being dropped??? I won't get support from their company in the years ahead...??? So Best Buy just did me in????

Happy Gamer

PS Susan-I never found an update either...so not clear why my game worked though I did update Adobe and Acrobat and did some accelerating on sound card??? Who knows...computers are such a mystery and remember I've not starting playing as I am on Curse of the Opera right now...this may all crumble to nothing once I start playing.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/19/10 11:16 PM

Yes ATI cards. Here is some info

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/30/amd_to_dump_ati_brand/

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/10 01:37 AM

Hi, Happy!

The Radeon video cards aren't being dropped, so we will still be able to receive support. Other than updating my drivers on a "need to" basis, I've never had to contact ATI because I've never had a problem with any of my video cards.

When I didn't receive a message that an update was available, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game using the trash can in the Game Manager instead of the Uninstall Program in the Control Panel. I must have finally downloaded the newer version because the Hint button worked in the first HO scene.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/10 03:13 AM

The ATI Radeon will become AMD Radeon.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/10 01:24 PM

Susan-

I too had gone looking for the update at my Game Manager and had never received a notice that there was an update but once I dumped the Trial version and installed full game all over again I could also play...think Big Fish said there was an update but didn't notify or clarify how to get it??? Thanks for info on Radeon cuz I'd heard good stuff about the card from others besides you and would have been disappointed if The Geeks had done me a bad deal....thanks from one Susan to another!

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/10 04:27 PM

Hi, Susan!

Each person has his or her own personal preference for video cards, but I've always been more than pleased with ATI (and now AMD). I think the Geeks who recommended your new Radeon card done good lol !

I didn't buy the full game until I'd read on BFG forums that a new version was available and all of the bugs had been fixed. After I made my purchase, I was surprised that I didn't see a message that an update was available, so I uninstalled (using "Uninstall Program" in the Control Panel) and reinstalled. The Hint button was still disabled in the first HO scene and, when I progressed further in the game, I was bounced back to my desktop a couple of times shortly after the game loaded. I then uninstalled the game using the trash can in the Game Manager and, after I reinstalled, all of the problems seem to have been solved.

Susan
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/10 11:40 PM

Finally! I had been trying to get my Victorian Mysteries game to work and it kept locking (with all the problems everyone has already mentioned). Then I finally uninstalled the 'old' version, reinstalled with the Sept. 18 new version. Still was locked at the same point. THEN I changed players, started at the beginning and it worked perfectly! Maybe this will work for others. Just uninstall, reinstall, change to a new player name and start from the beginning. Good luck! Was a fun game for me.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/10 12:01 PM

Now the game is running good...I decided to buy it. rah
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/10 12:28 AM

Actually, I can't even get to the point of creating a profile. It crashes at teh BF logo.

Tried the supposedly new fix, but it didn''t work.
Wainting to hear from BF Support, did a dr. felix etc and sent it.

I think I'l try wiping it completely clean from folder and try installing again.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/10 02:30 PM

Been reading on the BF fora about this and BF are taking a bit of a slapping from very annoyed customers. Seems untested games are becoming more common from them.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/10 02:39 PM

Got an e-mail yesterday that they are working with developers to get a major fix out today, should show up in Game Manager as update.

Not there yet, so we shall see.
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/10 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Flo NS
Actually, I can't even get to the point of creating a profile. It crashes at the BF logo.

Tried the supposedly new fix, but it didn''t work.
Waiting to hear from BF Support, did a dr. felix etc and sent it.
I think I'l try wiping it completely clean from folder and try installing again.

Same problems here and I did not find an update on my BF Manager so I removed and installed again yesterday and still the same issue.

Posted By: Becky

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/10 05:05 PM

The game mysteriously disappeared from my Game Manager. Just like the Woman in White! I redownloaded it. Let's see if she stays put now.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/10 05:35 PM

Just got an e-mail from support asking how the update worked. I don't see an update in manager, but uninstalled, completely, and am now reinstalling, will let you know if it works.

I don't think I've ever done this much installing and uninstalling.

Does anyone see an update in their game manager, has anyone downloaded and have the game worrking especially those who crashed at BF logo?
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 12:03 AM

Flo, I was readt to dump this game and then I downloaded again and used a different name & started over. My hint button was frozen and I couldn't leave the lake.
When I got back to where I was I discovered I had missed picking up 1 lttle object. Everything has been fine since. I worked 2 days on it. Now I know you can't go back. I guess it's that way only if it's an item in a close up.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Flo NS

I don't think I've ever done this much installing and uninstalling.

Does anyone see an update in their game manager, has anyone downloaded and have the game working especially those who crashed at BF logo?

Same here, Flo Ns.
No update was in the manager as of 45 minutes ago and I tried it manually too. I uninstalled and reinstalled for the 3rd time. Woohoo! It's working! happydance I'll continue with the trial before buying, this looks very good.

~ Carol

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 03:46 AM

Ouch... I just bought it on sale... hope it works.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 04:59 AM

I guess the crashing at logo is in the trial game. I've never gotten beyond that part.

However, I was given a coupon to get the full game and actually, I just realized what it was for. So I am going to try it again only buy it first.

There's also another fix on it's way, they are still working on it.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 10:30 AM

When I uninstalled and reinstalled and started from the begginning with a new title ...the game ran great with no problems. Hope everyone works through the glitches cause the game is really good.
Posted By: june M

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 12:19 PM

Hi
I'm at the point where I should paint the picture, but I'm not getting the other half of the painting key, I take it it is the piece on top of the painting I should have, but when clicked it disappears, so I don't really know what to do now, all of the paint is mixed and ready to go.
Thanks in anticipation June

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 12:31 PM

If you have done everything you can according to the walkthrough, maybe you need an updated game. Have you installed the latest version, thety had a lot of glitches with the old ones.

Ana wave

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 01:56 PM

Hi Ana I have only just dowloaded this game from Bigfish so it should be okay. Everthing else has worked perfectly.
June

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 03:32 PM

June M -- the rest of the painting key is
Click to reveal..
in the clock behind the pendulum. To get it out, smash the glass of the clock with the hammer.

I'm using the updated version, but I left the gazebo/garden/lake area before finishing there (I hadn't figured out the puzzle box) and now I can't get back to that area. I think the new version may not have fixed all the bugs -- either that or I'm really missing something.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 03:50 PM

Hi Becky Thanks I will try that, hope I can find the clock.
Thanks again
June

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 06:02 PM

Great! Now I can't get into the game at all. I click play it flashes, crashes and it's no where to be found. I have to shut down BFG through the task manage because it says a game is running if I click play again. After several tries I uninstalled, reinstalled two other games I had on there need to be re-activated. UGH!!!!

Is anyone else going through this today?

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 07:24 PM

No,not like that, smitty. I'm setting the game aside for a rainy day -- I think I'll have to start all over again with a new profile, and make sure I get through the gazebo/lake/garden section all at once before quitting.
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 07:31 PM

Becky that
s what I meant in my reply. In that box is the lock of hair I didn't get and had to start over. From starting over and changing my name all is well. You must finish the "examine items" or start over evidently

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 09:07 PM

I finally got the game to play by dld the trial again......go figure! confused Any port in a storm. LOL

~ Carol

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/10 11:14 PM

PATSY -- I think you're right. I'll know that for next time. wave
Posted By: Sorta Blonde

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/10 12:28 AM

Hi Smitty145. I had the problem you are having with the BFG saying another game was already running. I had to shut down my computer to get anything to work. I uninstalled it several times and it still wouldn't work. Then I went to my 'control panel' and removed it from there and then reinstalled it from BFG manager and then started up with a new character name and it all played just fine to the end. Dunno if this will work for you but it's worth a try.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/10 07:02 AM

Hi Ana
I found the clock and did the painting, I have now completed the game and enjoyed it very much.
Thanks for your help.
June

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/10 01:55 PM

bravo Glad you got it!

Ana wave

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/10 04:19 PM

One of the best games in a while for me.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/10 05:06 PM

Great game. Story driven and well-told. As worthwhile as any CE game that's been offered in recent months. HO scenes aren't too difficult. No hint limit, but refresh is slow on Hint function. One of the best I've played this year.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/10 06:35 PM

I don't understand why I can play this game. Is there anyone else who still can't get this game to open?

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/10 06:45 PM

Hi, Flo!

I just launched my Game Manager to play another game and there is a message that an update is available for "Women in White". If you didn't receive that message, try uninstalling the game by clicking on the trash can to the right of it in your Game Manager and then reinstalling. You should then get the latest version and, hopefully, will be able to play it.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/10 07:43 PM

Thanks Susie,

That's one thing I never seen in all my uninstalls and downloadings, an update in the game manager. I have already uninstalled, and will give it one last try.

Didn't work. I am trying to install the trial even though I already own the game. Going to glitches to see if they can help. BF Support was no help at all, they just kept telling me to create a new profile or get rid of the data folder, when I repeatedly told them, I never even got into the game to create a profile in the first place.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/10 10:08 PM

Flo NS,

I had EXACTLY the same problems the day after I purchased. I finally uninstalled and dld the trial and after that I had no problems. It even had my profile on there and where I was when I went out of the game. It always showed as an activated game (since I already owned it). I hope the same worked for you.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/10 11:20 PM

Hi, Flo!

Today is the first time I have ever seen an update for "Woman in White", even though there have been others. If you uninstalled the game by clicking on the "trash can" icon in your Game Manager and then downloaded and reinstalled it, did you try launching the game from your Game Manager instead of clicking on your desktop icon? Have you updated your video and sound card drivers?

If all else fails, contact BFG Customer Service again because I've always found them to be extremely helpful.

Susan

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/10 05:00 AM

I have tried 10 way to sunday to get this game to play, nothing worked, not even BF support.

It has to be a compatability thing, and I'm just not going to get it to work.

There is something in this particular game, that just won't work with what I have in my system.

Thanks anyway.
Posted By: JennyP

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/10 07:54 PM

I read the book & wonder how closely the game follows it. Will get this next month as one of my 6 games ..

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/27/10 03:43 AM

I was quite far in the game... just past the cemetery and quit for the day. The next day there was an upgrade notice on my game manager so I clicked it and now I can't move out of the house at all. There is nothing to be done in any of the rooms but it won't let me past the front steps... I can't finish the game!!!!
Posted By: connie

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/27/10 08:58 AM

The same thing happened to me even before the upgrade. I hoped the upgrade would ftx it, but it didn't. I can't finish it either.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/27/10 01:50 PM

I'm sick over this... I was really enjoying this game... best one in ages. I was 3/4 of the way through and there is no way I'm going to start it again with another name and go that far JUST to see if it works now.

Posted By: cakefordinner

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/27/10 04:52 PM

The only way I managed to actually finish this game was to restart, with a new profile each time, 8 blessed times. And, I deleted all my save files, each time, too.

Even if there hadn't been any bugs, the game was just okay. The minigames were all numbingly easy, IMO...except that arcade style fishing game. That one was just game innapropriate, annoying and poorly executed.

@ JennyP...er, kinda sorta, but not in a masterful way.

@NYLady, you're going to have to delete all your save files and start as if you've never played the game.

Unlockable Secrets
Click to reveal..
It's a bunch of nothing. It's just a review of your Journal with what you found during the game, including characters that were only briefly mentioned. If you missed any items, they won't be in the Journal.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/28/10 08:42 PM

connie and NYLady:

I uninstalled and reinstalled (by dld trial) and just now finished the game. I love this game, even with all the problems, it was worth the trouble.
By the way, starting over again with a new profile wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it would be and it went fast. So, don't give up!!!! Woohoo! rah

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/28/10 10:40 PM

I worked with Big Fish to solve the problem. It's a great game.

I found the saved game, deleted it. When you delete the game from the game manager it doesn't remove your saved games.

Thanks for listening to my frustrated rants.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/29/10 12:04 AM

Find your profile, most games have a place to click to create a new player, you don't necessarily have to delete your first self but if you want to you can also do that when you create another name.

It will either have a Profile/Player option in your menu, or under your name before you begin to play it will say something (not you or if this is not you) then you click there to create another profile.

I can't get into the game so I don't know what it looks like.

Hope this helps.

Re: Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/29/10 03:34 AM

I did that but I know somewhere there is a file with the saved game. I found it. I did a disk search for saved games and found it. I deleted the old one.

Thank you to all who offered assistance.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community