GB HOMEPAGE

Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 02:09 PM

You can download Mystery Case Files: THe 13th Skull here.

Quote:

Shortly after moving into a creepy mansion in Louisiana, Sara Lawson is struck with tragedy when her husband mysteriously disappears. Sara’s daughter, Magnolia, believes her father was kidnapped by the ghost of a vengeful pirate seeking to protect his lost fortune. With the locals terrified of the pirate’s curse, you are the family’s last hope. Only a Master Detective with incredible Hidden Object skills can locate Marcus Lawson in Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull!

Incredible live videos
Fantastic gameplay
Uncover the 13th Skull!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough For a more in depth experience, check out the Collector's Edition

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: Becky

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 03:12 PM

Thanks Ana. wave Good news! I haven't bought this game yet, though I plan to. I've heard that the Collector's Edition is worth the extra money. What would I miss if I bought this regular version instead?
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 03:46 PM

Whoo Hoo - I have waited soooooo long for the regular edition to be released!!

I know some of you were a tad disappointed in this game, but I bought it straight off with my punch card coupon. Guess what I will be doing this weekend??
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 03:49 PM

This edition has a backup disk! I have ordered it!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Penny Lane
This edition has a backup disk! I have ordered it!

Excellent news, Penny! thumbsup

Becky, I haven't checked out the standard version of the game because I bought the CE, but the standard edition will be missing the bonus-game section and I believe there are additional insignias to find in the CE that will not be present in the standard version. I'm not sure if any of the "achievements" will be available in the standard version or not; someone else will have to enlighten us on this. wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 04:58 PM

Becky, you will be missing some extra story parts from the bonus chapter if you buy the regular. I bought the CE version and loved every minute of it. It's a bargain no matter what version you decide to buy.

Ana wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 06:15 PM

Hi, Becky!

I'm one who was disappointed in "13th Skull". I downloaded the demo of the CE and really enjoyed it. Since I had just finished "Dire Grove" and thought it was an excellent game, I decided to buy "13th Skull". I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't played "Dire Grove", because it just didn't measured up.

The CE includes a bonus chapter that is longer than some, but I wouldn't say it's worth the extra $7.

Susan

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 08:47 PM

Just curious -- are the missing story parts in the Collector's Edition a prequel or a sequel to the main story? Do they provide backstory?

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 09:00 PM

You finish the saga by putting to rest the 13 skulls. I think it closed up the story nicely.

Ana wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 11:04 PM

Hi, Becky!

What Ana said lol !

I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that if you purchase the regular version from BFG and want to upgrade to the CE, you only have to pay the difference. If that information is accurate, it might be an option for you because you could play the regular version and then check the walkthrough to see if you feel the bonus chapter is worth the extra $7. Of course, you'd also have to replay the game to access the bonus chapter if you decided to go that route.

Susan

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/07/11 11:07 PM

That is correct, Susan; if you buy a standard edition of a game on Big Fish and then want the CE, you can buy the CE, write to Customer Support, and I believe what they then do is to give you a game credit in exchange for the previously purchased standard edition. smile

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/08/11 12:30 AM

Hi, Marian!

That's actually a really good deal. I've bought several CEs since BFG lowered the price to $13.99 but, before that, I'd usually wait until the SE was released. The exception was "Curse of Briar Rose" because "Sleeping Beauty" is my all-time favorite Disney movie and I just couldn't wait after playing the demo.

Susan

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/08/11 12:54 AM

Thanks for the input! wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/08/11 05:42 PM

I wanted to play this game this weekend, but on my Games Manager it just says "activating" for 12 houra now!!

I dont want to re-download cos its taken me a whole day to download this game.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/08/11 06:31 PM

I would shut down and reboot. That sometimes fixes everything. luck

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/08/11 07:05 PM

Good idea - Now why didnt I think of that??

But tomorrow - its getting pretty late here!

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/09/11 06:12 AM

And you were quite right..... When I booted up this morning, there was the game sitting there activated!!

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/09/11 06:21 AM

Fantastic! Have fun, it's a wonderful game.

Ana wave
Posted By: sleuth62

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/11 02:35 PM

Am doing the bonus game,have the name of the ship,antonia,can't get it,wt doesn't have that name and they won't let you skip the puzzle. You have to rearrange the name in a word puzzle. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/11 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: sleuth62
Am doing the bonus game,have the name of the ship,antonia,can't get it,wt doesn't have that name and they won't let you skip the puzzle. You have to rearrange the name in a word puzzle. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

I got this solution from the Big Fish forums; see if it works:

Click to reveal..
A N I O N T A

Let us know. wave
Posted By: sleuth62

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/11 07:25 PM

Marian,I just went into the game and it works!! I try to look on BF but couldn't find it.I just started trying their forum. You really are my life saver! Now,on to finish the bonus game. Thanks,again, bet you are young,aren't you! Ha ha.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/11 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: sleuth62
Marian,I just went into the game and it works!! I try to look on BF but couldn't find it.I just started trying their forum. You really are my life saver! Now,on to finish the bonus game. Thanks,again, bet you are young,aren't you! Ha ha.

Only if you consider going-to-be-56-years-old-in-March, young! I guess that would depend on whether you were 25 or 85. wink

I'm glad that helped, and have fun with the bonus game! happydance wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 02:28 AM

I'm happy with the standard versions. Just started this one.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 06:10 AM

I am stuck for ages now on the cannons puzzle in the swamp - I must be doing something wrong!!

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 04:08 PM

Do you have all the map pieces?

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 04:25 PM

Well, that is exactly what I was wondering but how do I know if I have all the map pieces?? confused

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 04:42 PM

They are around the edges of the map. You can't do the puzzle till you have all the little pieces around the sides.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 05:01 PM

Duh! I have been looking where the map pieces are for ages duh

How many pieces should there be altogether,and are they around all four sides of the map? confused

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 07:15 PM

Yes ma'am, except for the bottom.
Ana wave
Posted By: lazydaisy

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 08:14 PM

Is it just me?

I feel more like the maid or a servant than an investigator in this game. Only played a part of it though.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: lazydaisy
Is it just me?

I feel more like the maid or a servant than an investigator in this game. Only played a part of it though.

It does start out that way, but once you get out of the manor the game opens up and the game had even more to maintain my interest. wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 08:33 PM

I'm out of the manor, but I'm still fetching things for people. smile

I do love the atmosphere. The music is good and I like the videos.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/11 08:40 PM

You are right; there are still fetch quests after that. It just seemed less confined, I guess. I personally loved the videos as it reminded me of some of my favorite FMV games from the 1990s but this time with better video quality.

I thought the atmosphere was great too. smile

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/13/11 06:13 AM

I finally figured out the cannons and map. You have to search the map to find the images that match the 6 tabs that are between the symbols on the cannon and write down the roman numerals. Then click on the buttons on the cannons in order. Six sets of numbers for each cannon.

After the ending credits a strange text came up. Took me awhile to descrample it. I know what the words say but not what its referring to.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/13/11 07:23 AM

I have been putting off this puzzle for 3 days now, but you have given me hope, Guybrush - I really must finish this game tonight!!

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/13/11 02:00 PM

Glad you got it Guybrush!

You can do it Rozanne!

Ana wave
Posted By: flutist

MCF - 13th Skull - 01/13/11 10:40 PM

I could use some help. I am at the ship puzzle. I have all of it but one square in the right hand upper corner and I can not get that sucker to go the way it is supposed to. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bets

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/13/11 10:45 PM

Hi Bets,

You are talking about the ship/jewelry box puzzle, correct? If so, this video on YouTube might help. There are a couple of comments underneath the video that might be of some help, too. wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 01:01 AM

The main "secret" to this puzzle is to start in the upper right corner and work to the lower left. Or at least end up in the lower left since those tiles can be rotated individually.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 01:06 AM

Thank you, lazydaisy. smile

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 02:04 AM

Thanks, I skipped it this time. Will know more next time.
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 12:58 PM

I LOVED this game.....except for that obnoxious yappy dog! At one point I actually took the hammer from my inventory and tried to "do him in." crazy

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 03:33 PM

rotfl Yappy little thing.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 03:53 PM

rah thumbsup happydance I did it - I finished at last, thanks to Threepwood praise

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/11 03:56 PM

Congratulations, Rozanne!! happydance bravo
Posted By: bkrytr

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 05:50 PM

Can someone give a brain dead old woman a step by step cannons and roman numerals -- please....?

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 05:54 PM

There's a good thread here on the Big Fish forums that might help to explain it a bit better for you. wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 06:25 PM

You are not the only one who is brain dead, bkrytr - It took me three evenings to work this one out headscratch

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 07:01 PM

Congratulations. Glad I could help.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/19/11 07:15 PM

I could not have finished this game without your very useful posting, Guybrush praise
Posted By: Littledog63

MCF 13th skull - 01/21/11 02:10 PM

I'm having trouble with luring the snake with the parrot...........every time I put the parrot in my inventory, he flies away and is gone from the inventory by the time I get back to the swamp!

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 02:27 PM

Have you picked up the cage? He has to be in the cage before you can use him. Sorry but I can't remember where I got the cage. I would suggest that you consult the walkthrough.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Littledog63
I'm having trouble with luring the snake with the parrot...........every time I put the parrot in my inventory, he flies away and is gone from the inventory by the time I get back to the swamp!

Penny Lane is right:

Click to reveal..
You need to put the parrot in a cage or else the parrot will keep flying away. The cage can be found by going back inside the manor and then going out onto the upstairs balcony.

wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 03:07 PM

That's it! I play so many IHOGS that I get them mixed up or forget some of the details. The good thing is that when I replay a game it is almost like new again! I am now replaying Return To Ravenhearst and I am having a ball with this "new" game! lol Good job Marian! thumbsup wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 03:48 PM

This game is awesome. I'm satisfied with the fact that I waited for the standard version. The standard version of this game is more than I ever anticipated. I wasn't that impressed with "Dire Grove". This game makes up for that. I was concerned that the videos would diminish the length of the game. I don't know how they did it, but there's plenty of gameplay even with the videos. One of the best ever from BFG. RTR set the standard for me. This one has exceeded it.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 04:07 PM

The only thing I missed in this game was the morphing objects that were in Dire Grove. I really liked that!

Ana wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 05:32 PM

It worked! Thanks, Marion. Stuck, again. Finished game, an trying to go forward to pirate ship. Can't leave alligators. Help?

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 05:37 PM

Are you playing the standard version of 13th Skull or the Collector's Edition? wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 06:03 PM

standard You gonna tell me it doesn't work on standard? frown

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 06:12 PM

After the skulls light up, moving toward the pirate ship is part of the bonus gameplay in the Collector's Edition. You could always upgrade your standard version to the Collector's Edition if you *really* want to play the next section (and let me know if you are interested in doing that and are unsure how this works). wave

Congratulations on figuring out the cannons, etc.! smile

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 06:22 PM

can't afford the collector's edition. frown

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 06:35 PM

I understand. Just so you know, the way upgrading works is that you would buy the Collector's Edition, then write to Customer Support telling them you did so and that you had also previously purchased the standard version, and then they would refund you the difference by giving you a game credit.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, though! smile

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 10:17 PM

Can't get the blasted graveyard gate open. Am I being stupid or haven't I done something to trigger it?

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 10:29 PM

Do you have the four keys for the gate?

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 10:54 PM

Yes. I looked at the picture frame and put them in as it shows but the gate won't open.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 11:03 PM

When you look at the picture frame closely, you can also see the shape of the arrow which indicates the direction/position the keys need to be. Maybe you are just looking at the shapes themselves? Just a thought. wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 11:15 PM

Yes.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/21/11 11:20 PM

Not sure why it isn't working for you, Bets. Hopefully someone else will have some other ideas. wave

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 01:13 AM

It tells me to get the key from the shed and I got it. I have taken the keys out and put them back in. Do they need to be placed in the keyholes in order? I wouldn't think it would make any difference.

Edit: I tried that. Didn't work. For some reason, the game doesn't seem to recognize that I have the key.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 02:26 AM

The keys are all placed in the proper keyholes too, right? Because the keys will let you put them into the wrong locks.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. I suppose as a last result you could try uninstalling and reinstalling your game--sometimes if there is a glitch, something like that can help. headscratch

I hope you can get some help for this, Bets.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 04:39 PM

I think I will start a new game under a different player and see what happens.

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 05:03 PM

It's worth a try. Maybe try going back to your previous game, too, after uninstalling and reinstalling, to see if something gets "unblocked." Sorry you have had to resort to this. frown

Re: Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/22/11 05:55 PM

This time I will make sure I don't get the keys until it tells me to.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community