GB HOMEPAGE

Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement

Posted By: qadventuregames

Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 11:37 AM

Hi Boomers,

If you are a Big Fish Customer, that is having issues with their Game Manager 3.0, you might want to go over to their Announcements Forum.

They have a posting for GM 3.0 Status Update.

Q
Posted By: MaG

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 12:44 PM

Thanks, Q.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 02:16 PM

The announcement can be found here. wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 02:26 PM

Well, you certainly cant say that BFG are not trying to sort out these technical issues - Kudos to them for going down this avenue, not to mention the 10 free games!
Posted By: qadventuregames

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 02:31 PM

Thanks Marian!

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link to their site.

Q

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 02:40 PM

Nice to see you, Q, and thanks for the heads up. thumbsup

I agree, Rosaboobie. It sounds like the techs will try to connect remotely to the customer's computer so that they can see exactly what's going on in order to try to troubleshoot the problem. When I worked at home for a company in Tennessee, a remote program was used to sort out some of the technical problems at-home employees would have, and it's a really good way to determine the nature of the problem. It's also a relief not to have to keep explaining the problem but instead they can just observe it firsthand; it's the next best thing to having them sitting right there beside you. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 02:47 PM

We have a member they have been working with on this last week. (won't mention her name unless she wishes to post. THere are so many variables on computers that it's very dfficult to sort out.

Ana wave
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 03:25 PM

I have not had any problems with the latest Game Manager(lucky me!) but all credit to BFG for sorting out the problems others have encountered. Hope all goes well! thumbsup wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: myopia

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 03:44 PM

After months my videos not working, it's been back to normal this week. It's happened before, so I knew I just had to sit tight. And wait..and wait.
Hope this is the end of the Big Burp, Big Fish. smile

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/09/11 05:53 PM

I hope your Big Fish situation continues to improve, myopia. wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/10/11 12:46 AM

Quote:
We have mentioned before that a roll-back was not possible, that only one version of Game Manager can be supported across the website at any given time. However we have created a way for the roll-back Game Manager (it will show as version 3.1.0.0) to run without a need to prompt you to update to the current Game Manager. This will allow users to continue to install and play games without having to install the current version (v3.0.1.60).

Since it's apparently possible for them to "roll back" the game manager to an earlier version, why don't they offer that option to everyone who hates the bloat and sluggishness of the new one?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Big Fish Game Manager 3.0 Status Update Announcement - 09/10/11 12:55 AM

Jenny, it was offered to you in the same announcement
Quote:
Also if you’d like a link for the temporary roll-back GM, please PM me as well. We will not be distributing the link publicly in the forums, so please note that the link will be edited out if posted.

As stated in the other GM threads, the discussion has run it's course here and any issues can be dealt with, with BigFish direct.

I will close this thread. Thanks.

Ana
© 2024 GameBoomers Community