GB HOMEPAGE

Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 02:40 PM

You can download Natural Threat: Ominous Shores here.

Quote:
Use your powers of observation to save your friends from the genetic aberrations that populate a forgotten island in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores! Brave the escalating threat that unfolds before you and save your companions! Each scene will bring new challenges, horrifying discoveries, and clues to what brought the monsters that populate the island to life. Be smart, and you might survive long enough to make the most shocking discovery of all in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores!

Explore a mysterious island
Avoid terrifying creatures
Save your friends!
Check out our Blog Walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 02:56 PM

Thanks, Ana. This game comes to us from Alawar and it looks pretty creepy. I'm going to check out the demo now. wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 04:16 PM

I bought this game after playing the demo for a few minutes. Graphics are very clear. The game begins a little differently than most. So far a very enjoyable game. I even used a free credit. No idea about the length though.

thracia

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 04:32 PM

Let us know how it goes. I'll be interested to hear about the length of the game, as well. wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 09:15 PM

Marian,

I checked the forums to see how long the game was and saw that a lot of people are having technical problems with it...not the demo but the game. It's freezing for some, putting a 'dump' error icon on the desktop for others and quite a few say they have to start completely over when they buy it. Might be better to wait for a fix on this one.

Gil.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 09:21 PM

Thanks, Gil; after I posted my previous note, I did notice that this game was proving to be problematic for some. Right now I'm playing Surface: Mystery of Another World, anyway, but will keep an eye on the Natural Threat forum.

(The more I play Surface, the more I like it. In fact, I would go further and say it may be one of the best games of this type I have ever played. Preposterous plot? Certainly, but the rest of the game is outstanding.) wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 09:42 PM

Lol! That "preposterous plot" was just for me, wasn't it, since you know how I like a game to make Sense! rotfl

Gil.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/25/12 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler
Lol! That "preposterous plot" was just for me, wasn't it, since you know how I like a game to make Sense! rotfl

Gil.

You betcha! laugh
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/26/12 12:11 AM

This looks to be a nice game. But I think I'm going to dump the demo and wait for an update to be released. Surprised that an Alawar game has technical issues. Will also be checking in with GB to see how things go.

P.S. I'm currently playing "Surface" as well. Just when I think I'm almost done, there's more to do. And since I got it with a punch card credit, all the more delighted.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/26/12 02:50 AM

When I closed my game for the night, I noticed that I had those those dump icons on my desktop. Is it safe to delete them? Will it affect my game.I have had no problems with the game so far.Its playing well.

thracia

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/26/12 03:12 AM

I have never had dump icons on my desktop so I hesitate to say. Would you like me to move you to Glitches?

Ana wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/26/12 03:35 AM

Good idea, Ana. I know about memory dumps but have never had them accompanied with desktop icons, so better safe than sorry. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/26/12 01:39 PM

Played most of the demo with no problems at all. This is a buy for me. I'm liking the game! rah

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/27/12 02:17 AM

Well I dumped the dumps icons (deletet them), seems ok so far. Game is pretty long, having no problems so far. Really enjoying it.

thracia

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/27/12 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: thracia
Well I dumped the dumps icons (deletet them), seems ok so far. Game is pretty long, having no problems so far. Really enjoying it.

thracia

Glad it's okay. thumbsup wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/27/12 09:24 PM

thracia, are you playing this game on win xp or win 7. Thanks
Richard

Marian, I have a question for you. Should I take a chance and buy this game and hope it runs ok on my xp? It's only 7$ not the end of the world. I played the demo and really liked it from what I read it's pretty long. Thanks
Richard
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/28/12 07:06 PM

Have the problems been fixed?? I love the game and thought how lucky I WAS not to have problems. As of today I have the dump place and more problems. I uninstalled for now.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/28/12 07:15 PM

Richard, personally I am waiting to see if a new build of the game is released, before I play the game. One person said they avoided these problems by exiting the game periodically rather than playing for long stretches of time without doing that. You can always go ahead and take your chances (and get a refund if things don't work out). It's up to you. smile

Patsy, I don't see any new builds for this game as yet. wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/28/12 08:58 PM

Thank you much, Marian, I'll wait

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/28/12 10:54 PM

Kjos,I just finished the game, with no problems, except for those 2 dump icons that showed up on my desk top. I deleted them with no apparent problems (that I could see). I am playing on win7.I really enjoyed the game, it was a decent length as well. I did have to skip like 3-4 puzzles. Played it all weekend.

thracia

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/28/12 11:10 PM

thracia,Started playing about a hour ago and no apparent problems yet. Really a nice game. Thanks for your response, Playing on win xp.
Richard

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/29/12 05:17 PM

Uninstalled again! Sent email and told them my problems, just like everyone.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/29/12 09:10 PM

Good luck Patsy.

Ana wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/29/12 11:45 PM

Good luck kjos, hope it continues to work for you. I played all the way through without any issues.

thracia

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/29/12 11:55 PM

Played 5 hrs with out any crashed yet. Keep my fingers crossed.
richard
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/01/12 02:37 AM

Sorry to be so dense but what are dump icons and memory dumps?
Kim

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/01/12 02:45 AM

They are small bits of data created when the computer or program has a hiccup or crashes. I have never had one on my desktop though.

Ana wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/01/12 02:47 AM

Apparently this game is kicking people out and they get taken back to the desktop; there may be some kind of a problem with the way this game uses memory/system resources. Sometimes a memory dump can result in the blue screen of death. This game seems to be leaving icons on the desktop for some people, with the computer "reporting" this problem. And that's my (amateur) explanation. wave

Thanks, Ana--just call me longwinded! grin I've never had any problem like this result in a desktop icon either.
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/01/12 03:00 AM

Blue screen of death, Yikes eek

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/01/12 07:15 PM

Been playing for about 2 days on and off and just finished it with no trouble. Game ran perfect. Really a long game really liked it, must have a god pc. Running win xp.
Richard

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/01/12 07:23 PM

Very, very good news, Richard!! bravo wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/02/12 01:54 AM

I finally got my little laptop with xp and downloaded it again and so far so good. Before it would not even let me start over or get a new profile. The beginning I had never seen until today!

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/02/12 01:58 AM

That is great Patsy!

Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/02/12 02:03 PM

I'm not having any problems with either. penguin

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/02/12 03:36 PM

Curious that there are a few who aren't experiencing technical difficulties. I'm tempted to go for it. But given the nature of the technical difficulties reported on BFG forum, am leery that the problem may not be the fault of BFG or the developer. Is it possible this may be a case of someone hacking BFG? Alawar is one of the most reliable developers. Can't believe they'd put out a game with such a major glitch. But hubby says that developers sometimes outsource some of their work and that an outside contractor may not be as reliable. Just hope BFG gets it all sorted out soon.
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 06:33 PM

Another here that got the desktop dump file; this after I had crossed the giant lily pads and tried to take the path to the left. Tried to restart but set me way back to the shore and not sure it's worth going as far as I had and then find I get the black screen again.
Will check the forums on BF and/or ask for a game exchange.
Sad, since it's a good game.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 07:05 PM

I have read that the developers are working on a new build to address these problems, but I have no idea when the arrival date of that will be. I will certainly post here if I see an update. wave
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 07:27 PM

Thanks Marian; went to the BFG forum of 13 pages relating the same problem since the game was first put out on Feb. 25.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 08:22 PM

I've been checking every day for an update.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Been playing for about 2 days on and off and just finished it with no trouble. Game ran perfect. Really a long game really liked it, must have a god pc. Running win xp.
Richard

I'm also playing on XP, and it dumped me to the desktop at the point where you get the two types of seeds. When I started it up, it began all over again from the beginning. All it remembers is my user name.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 11:49 PM

THat must be frustrating for all of you.

Ana wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/04/12 11:49 PM

Bummer, Jenny. sad wave

I'm not even considering this game now until there's a new build. I've also been waiting to play Cinderstone Orphanage until the new build (to address the game not saving for some people) was released (the fix is now available). I just didn't want to take any chances.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 02:28 PM

Just read on BFG forum (in post by BFG staff on Technical Issues) that the game has been removed from the BFG website. It will be returned as soon as the technical issues are resolved. Why am I a bit nervous about this development?

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 02:37 PM

That's interesting, Sparkle. This move is not unprecedented, though. One game I know that this happened with was The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet; it was removed for a while as a "buy" option, and then made available again later on for purchase. I suspect that this is what will happen with this game too. wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 06:13 PM

Thanks, Marian. Didn't realize that this has been done before. Makes sense.
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 07:07 PM

Anyone remember Curse of the Ghost Ship? That one disappeared and has not returned.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 07:16 PM

I do remember that one, MrLipid; in that instance maybe the developers couldn't, or wouldn't, come up with a fix. duh wave
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 07:23 PM

Oddly enough, I played the game through with no problems. All hail XP Pro SP2. Or something.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/09/12 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Sparkle
Just read on BFG forum (in post by BFG staff on Technical Issues) that the game has been removed from the BFG website. It will be returned as soon as the technical issues are resolved.

Really? I just finished it yesterday. The "fix" for me seemed to be not to play it too long without exiting the game. Exiting the game forces it to save. There were some glitches, like the journal reappearing on the ground late in the game. But at least I managed to finish it. Of course the situation may be worse with Vista or Windows 7. I was using XP.

I hope they're able to fix it. It was a fun game.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/10/12 08:23 AM

I hope they get a fix for it i've been checking everyday myself,and noticed it was taken off.I do hope they get it back wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/12/12 08:52 PM

As I play a demo I might buy, I put shortcuts into a separate folder. When I tried searching BFG under the above name, it didn't come up. Am I missing something? Wanted to see the reviews before possibly buying.

Thanks.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/12/12 08:56 PM

THe game was removed from BigFish until they get a new build.

Ana wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/13/12 03:17 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/14/12 12:51 PM

Alawar still has it on thier website the demo played fine for me,so I might buy it from them wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/15/12 02:17 AM

The Big Fish Game Manager notified me that my Ominous Shores game has an update today. And I see the game is now listed at Big Fish.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/15/12 02:32 AM

Thank you very much for the heads up, Jenny. wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/15/12 02:36 AM

Thanks Jenny!

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/15/12 01:28 PM

Thanks, Jenny. That's great news. Have been sitting on a punch card credit waiting for this news.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/12 02:42 PM

Does anyone know the lock code to the glass door?

I tried to continue on with the game, after I closed it off, but it started right back at the beginning.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/12 02:50 PM

That doesn't sound good, Tammy. The new build of the game was supposed to fix these problems with the game not saving; have you downloaded the update for the game? wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/12 03:12 PM

Did that. I'm not starting at the beginning again. I don't know what's wrong.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/12 03:16 PM

I don't either, unfortunately. frown

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/16/12 04:29 PM

YOu need to clear your old files first. Uninstall the old game, then go search your computer for Alawar and delete the folder for this game. That will get rid of your old files. Restart your computer and download the game again.

Ana wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/18/12 02:07 AM

Considering the initial technical issues with this game, I'm delighted that I was able to pick it up. A great game that could have been a CE.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/18/12 12:56 PM

BET - That did it. Game working okay now. Thanks for you help.

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/18/12 02:10 PM

Ana gave you great advice, Tammy - glad it's working now. thumbsup wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/12 01:18 PM

I only downloaded this game on Sunday so it's the 'fixed' version which isn't fixed at all!

I've hit a major glitch later on in the game after I found the wooden knob for the cabinet. When I click on the cabinet I just get a frame & no close-up - the game shuts down & leaves memory dumps, as other players have reported, on the desktop.
Up until then I had encountered the same absence of icons on objects to be interacted with but got through by guessing & clicking on them anyway.(I'm using Win 7)

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/12 02:07 PM

I'm sorry that the updated build of this game is giving you problems, chrissie; be sure to write to Customer Support about this. frown wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/12 11:21 PM

Thanks Marian! I did get in touch with Customer Support & sent off a Dr Felix report. Expecting to have to wait for a couple of days I've just got a super quick reply back. It seems that some players are still experiencing problems with the new build & they just don't have a fix. BFG have given me a free coupon code - great customer service! but I'm so disappointed as I was really enjoying the game!

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/12 11:53 PM

I'm glad you talked to them, chrissie, and am sorry that the game still has problems for some players. I also understand being disappointed for not being able to finish it. I hope you enjoy your free game, though. wave

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/16/12 08:57 PM

Am at the part in the doctor's office. Just opened the safe? with the symbols. Now have to press typewriter keys in a certain order. w/t I'm using gives numbers that don't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, was using wrong numbers!

Re: Natural Threat: Ominous Shores - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/16/12 09:59 PM

Glad you got it.

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community