GB HOMEPAGE

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 01:39 PM

You can download Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Uncover the Sea Secrets of the Flying Dutchman in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman! Find hidden objects and solve adventuresome puzzles in this oceanic hidden object puzzle adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Integrated Strategy Guide
Bonus Content
Wallpapers and Screensavers

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 01:56 PM

Thanks, Ana. I am reading that this game comes to us from the same developers who brought us Ghost Towns: The Cats of Ulthar (a game I haven't played yet). I'm looking forward to checking out the demo and hearing what others have to say about the game. wave

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 02:22 PM

THis game is an entirely different style than The Cats of Ulthar and it is very long (The CE portion is well worth the price of admission)!

There is a nice mix of puzzles and the game is well polished.

Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 02:26 PM

Played 15 min of the demo and really like the game but way to many HO for me. In 15 min I got five HO. if you like a lot of HO than this is the game for you. Hints recharge fast.
Your not penalized for over clicking I like that.
richard

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 02:39 PM

Thank you for that information, Ana and Richard. thumbsup

A lengthy CE is always very appealing to me, Ana! smile

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 03:01 PM

THere are not that many really Richard. There are 33 in the whole game and that includes the CE portion. Given the length of the game, that'snot too bad. If you continue on, you'll see that there lots to do in between.

Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 04:09 PM

Thanks Ana will try it again.
Richard

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 04:14 PM

I just played some of the demo, Ana, and I really like the game. wave

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 06:02 PM

Have fun!
Posted By: thracia

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 08:20 PM

I remember not liking Cats of Ulthar, never even bought it after the trial.... However, this game is wonderful! I am having a lot of fun playing it. I even put Puppet Show on hold to play this one.I'm on the ship now. Very good game.

thracia
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 08:31 PM

Glad to see reviews from fellow GB's. I wasn't sure about this one. From playing just 15-20 mins. of demo I thought it was a little rough around the edges and too predictable. But as is often the case, this may be one that starts out simple and keeps getting better. Will probably buy after I'm done with the latest "Puppet Show".

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/22/12 09:52 PM

thracia, glad you are enjoying it. Sparkle, I thought it had some unique ways of doing things and was a fun game. I don't remember if I thought it started slow, but I know I thought it was a well made fun game.

Ana wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/24/12 03:49 PM

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I had doubts about this game. It's absolutely excellent in every respect. Well worth the CE price. Long game, challenging, nice balance of HO and adventure aspect, good story, well done graphics. thumbsup

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/24/12 03:52 PM

Thanks, Sparkle. It's on my buy list. happydance wave

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/24/12 04:14 PM

Yeah sparkle! Glad you stuck with it.
Posted By: thracia

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/27/12 12:34 AM

Just finished the game. I really enjoyed it. Kept my interest for the whole game (I am easily distracted, by other games lol).

thracia

Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/27/12 12:45 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community