GB HOMEPAGE

Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 02:59 PM

You can download Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition here.

Quote:

Help Angelica Weaver track a mad man across time in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can! Mysterious mysteries are afoot and also puzzles! Demystify the former and solve the latter in this time-warping Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Integrated Strategy Guide
Dazzling Bonus Content
Beautiful Art
Puzzling Adventure
Hidden Objects!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave

Posted By: Marian

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 03:07 PM

Thanks, Ana. The developer is Mumbo Jumbo, who brought us the Midnight Mysteries series of games (Haunted Houdini Deluxe and The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy, to name a couple). I'm downloading the demo now. wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 04:58 PM

Thank you, Ana - I loved the Midnight Mystery series.

Although I really dont remember playing the Houdini game, although I see that I have bought it! duh
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 08:48 PM

I liked all the games Marian mentioned. This one looks good. Nice graphics and voice acting. A bit more narration than I care for. Still thinking about it. Would like to know how long the game is before deciding. Not easy to determine from SG since the SG is not divided into chapters.

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 09:07 PM

Someone on the Big Fish forums said it took 5 hours to play through the game (I'm assuming that included the bonus chapter as well, but I'm not positive). wave
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 09:30 PM

I have just started the game. So far so good. I think that it's going to be a winner!

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 09:31 PM

I hope you have fun with it, Marlene. smile
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/06/12 09:43 PM

So far I am Marian! Thanks! wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 12:18 AM

What a great game been playing about 2 hrs and haven't used any hints got 20 now. Used the guide a little. Only saw two HOS so far. Are you playing Marian? More of a adventure than a HO game. Skip took quite a while to recharge.
Richard

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 12:38 AM

That sounds good, Richard; I'm glad you are enjoying the game. I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. smile wave
Posted By: colpet

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 01:15 PM

I tried the demo and couldn't get past the girl constantly gestering in the lower right corner. It annoyed me to no end. Too bad, because the actual gameplay was promising.

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 04:02 PM

I saw other people on the Big Fish forums who found this distracting too, colpet; you are not alone. wave
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 04:20 PM

I've read so much about this bobble-head that I'm going to try the game just to see it. Am I a sick puppy or what?

Barb

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Cappy
I've read so much about this bobble-head that I'm going to try the game just to see it. Am I a sick puppy or what?

Barb

No comment. whistle

Decided to pick up with a credit I had on hand. I do agree with those who find the Angelica character in the corner distracting - if not a bit condescending. snicker grin

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 05:06 PM

During the demo, I wasn't bothered by the bobblehead at all; in fact, I didn't even notice that she bobbled. lol It's interesting to see what folks do/do not notice or like/dislike about a particular game. wave
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 08:17 PM

Well, I did try out this game to see the bobble head. Actually, to me she wasn't nearly as annoying as that infernal owl hooting in many games. Like you, Marian, I hardly noticed her. It looks to be a very interesting game and I'm seriously considering buying it. I'm glad I gave it a try before outright saying no.

Barb

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 08:21 PM

Glad you gave the game a try, Barb! smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/07/12 09:30 PM

Marian I didn't even notice her at all same as you,I was to interesting in the game.
Richard
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/11/12 10:13 AM

I have a question. I didn't quite understand the end of the bonus chapter - help anyone?
Click to reveal..
She did it all dead?

Kathy
happydance
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/11/12 10:24 PM

I enjoyed this game, although I almost deleted it after an hour or so, not because of the bobble head, as others stated you don’t notice it after awhile, I almost gave up because of one the puzzles at the beginning where you had to stack some “Stuff” to get to a window and it was really hard for me to do this, but I just waited and hit Skip and continued and I am glad I did.
This is not one of the best games I’ve played so far but the graphics were great, puzzles after the one I mentioned were good and the story fairly good and interesting, had a fair share of HOs as you progressed in the game but were fairly easy to spot and a refresh hint system that was quick enough to satisfy those who hate too many HOs like me, and yes, NO click penalty.
There were reviewers in the BF forum that said her voice was irritating, I did not find this at all...
And I agree with Cappy re: “Actually, to me she wasn't nearly as annoying as that infernal owl hooting in many games” and I would like to add as “Annoying = The *** Crow squawking during many games I have played”

And to puzzler46, I believe your right but no big deal for me if I enjoy a game...
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/11/12 11:11 PM

Love all your comments!

Ana wave

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/12/12 05:35 PM

Gamezebo gave this game 5 stars; I don't recall the last time a CE was given 5 stars. It is of course just one person's opinion, but if you are interested you can read the review here. wave
Posted By: lakecat

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 03:30 AM

Aw Marian, did you have to? Man, now there's no way I can resist! That review was awesome; reminded me of the adventure games I started out playing (ie. Art of murder). Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to play it until I get through this semester of school. But, thanks for the heads up; I might have missed it if I'd waited 'till then to purchase!

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 03:31 AM

I hope you like the game as much as the reviewer did, Pam. wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 03:33 AM

One of the few games that I enjoy playing. It's a really good one.

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 03:36 AM

Thanks Marian, MaG,
Looking forward to playing. Hum... maybe thanksgiving break!

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: MaG
One of the few games that I enjoy playing. It's a really good one.

I just put it on my want list! laugh

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 03:49 AM

Ha! Pay back, Marian! LOL!

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/13/12 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: lakecat
Ha! Pay back, Marian! LOL!

Definitely! grin

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/14/12 03:57 PM

This is a really good game. As others have noted, after a while the bobbing Angelica character is easy to ignore. The story is very interesting. Nice variety of HO scenes and puzzles. But HO scenes and puzzles don't dominate the game. Bonus chapter is worthwhile too. Plenty of hints available (I ended up with 22 left over).
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/12 09:07 PM

I just finished "Catch Me," too. Bought it on a Boomers' recommendation, before seeing this thread. It was EXCELLENT. Much better than most games that throw HOG at you. I didn't mind the "bobbing" avatar. I though it was cute how she gave you a nod of approval when you found something. ha ha

As usual, I wish the puzzles were a bit harder, but it still was fun, and I enjoyed the bonus chapter.

Re: Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can Collector’s Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/18/12 09:33 PM

Glad you found another good game to play, Reenie. thumbsup wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community