GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 03:06 PM

You can download Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition here.

If you purchase this game, you can add any Dark Parable Game for 2.99 each until September 23rd Here.

Quote:
Sisters! Centuries ago, the first Red Riding Hood defeated the wolf and established the Order of Red Riding Hood Sisters. Recently, the nefarious Wolf Queen entrapped the sisters and planned to unleash legions of ravaging wolves onto our world. Assist the Red Riding Hood Sisters in this thrilling Hidden Object Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Integrated Strategy Guide
Bonus Gameplay
Extra Puzzles

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 03:10 PM

Thanks, Ana. This looks to be another beautiful game from Blue Tea Games; I'm just now trying out the demo. wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 03:24 PM

It is a great game, you will enjoy it.

There is also a special to get the others for 2.99 each that I just added to my post.
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 03:58 PM

Thank you, Ana.

I've been waiting for this game to be released. happydance
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 04:16 PM

Shades of "Xena, Warrior Princess". grin Looks like another excellent offering from Blue Tea Games. I'm in.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 04:23 PM

I don't think you will be disappointed. Enjoy!
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/20/12 10:36 PM

Played the demo and I liked the game, and I love FROGs and there are plenty so far. Think I will wait.
Richard
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/12 03:07 PM

Just finished the demo. Great game, as I expected it would be, and awesome graphics.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/12 03:46 PM

Working on Exiled Prince right now. Will most likely pick this one up.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/12 09:48 PM

Hi, Ana!

I've played and enjoyed the previous 3 "Dark Parables" game so I immediately downloaded the demo of "The Red Riding Hood Sisters". Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive, but I personally found the death scene in the opening video to be a little too graphic for my liking and it really bothered me. I'm wondering if there are more scenes like that one throughout the game because, if so, I'll be passing on this one.

Susan

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/12 09:51 PM

TRuthfully, I pay little attention to the cutscenes when I write the guides so I can't answer that. I Know that the screens themselves are not like that.

Ana wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/12 09:57 PM

Susan, I haven't played the game yet, or else I would have been happy to answer your question. wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/21/12 10:39 PM

This game is a battle between 2 opposing forces; so there will be injury to humans and animals done by you and the enemy.

But nothing like the intro.
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 09:07 AM

I have to say that I didnt like the intro either.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 06:39 PM

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for your responses. I am an animal-lover and I can't watch movies or play games where they are either injured or killed because it really bothers me. Humans ... not so much grin ! Heck, I saw "Bambi" and "Old Yeller" when I was a kid and, to this day, I have never seen either one of them again!

I especially love wolves (which might explain why I have always owned German Shepherds) so, if they're gonna be mowed down throughout the game, I think I'll pass on this one.

Susan

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 07:33 PM

The wolves in the game are evil and mean, with red glowing eyes. Not really much like those one finds in the real world. And the scenes in which they meet their demise aren't particularly graphic.

As for me, this is an excellent game in every respect. A compelling story with superb graphics. Nice and long with lots of locations to explore. Finding morphing objects speeds up hint recharge. I didn't find very many, but didn't find that this slowed me down at all, despite using Hints in some FROG scenes. I've never been disappointed with a Blue Tea game.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 07:40 PM

Sparkle, the locations of the morphing objects are in the end of the strategy guide if you want them. Glad you are enjoying it!
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 10:13 PM

A great feature of this game is the music.

It's powerful, skilfully composed, and consistently appropriate to the scenes.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Sparkle, the locations of the morphing objects are in the end of the strategy guide if you want them. Glad you are enjoying it!

Thank you, Ana. But I've already completed the main game and am working on the bonus. Is there any particuar advantage to finding all the morphing objects? I'm not one to replay a game.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 10:31 PM

No, it just makes the hints recharge faster. I just enjoy finding them. lol

Ana wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 10:41 PM

I like morphing objects too, much more than standard hidden object scenes. smile

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
I like morphing objects too, much more than standard hidden object scenes. smile

Marian: The morphing objects are scattered around throughout the game, not in the HO scenes. And this game has FROGs rather than standard HO's.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/12 10:55 PM

Thanks, Sparkle. I think I will enjoy the game. I'm still trying to work through my game backlog, though, so I will probably wait for another CE sale and then pick it up. wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/12 08:30 PM

By the way, some of the morphing objects do not morph unless you visit an area, leave and return. So be sure to look around when you go back to an area you have already seen.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/12 08:32 PM

Good to know, Tally Ho. I'm pretty sure it worked that way with Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale, another game from Blue Tea that had morphing objects. I never did find them all. wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/12 08:46 PM

Thanks TallyHo, I had it written in the guide under general tips:

Quote:
• There are 20 Cursed Morphing Objects hidden in the game. Some Morphing Objects will not be active until you complete a specific action or chapter.

Ana wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/12 08:57 PM

Now you can tell I haven't read the guide yet! laugh

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/23/12 09:08 PM

grin
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/12 01:04 AM

These are "mist wolves" and the ending is quite satisfying as far as real wolves are concerned.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/12 07:11 PM

Hi, Draclvr!

Based on your comment about the ending, I've decided to buy the game. I played and enjoyed the first 3 in the series and was disappointed that my sensitivity to the killing of the wolves was preventing me from playing this one.

Susan
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/24/12 08:15 PM

I hope you like it then - I really did! I'd like to see a sequel incorporating the ending.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/25/12 03:24 PM

I bought it but have not played it yet.

Hi Drac wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 12:05 AM

I need a CE sale from BF to buy all the games I downloaded and demo'd!grin

thracia

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: thracia
I need a CE sale from BF to buy all the games I downloaded and demo'd!grin

thracia

Here's to another half-price game credits sale; we can only hope! wave
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 02:11 AM

stuck and can't get unstuck.Got the guy out of prison and talked and talked in the big room It won't let me go on. it keeps making me talk to him. I may have to give up on this one, but really like it, just no patience. strategy guide sucks!

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 02:30 AM

Maybe someone here can help, Patsy. I don't have the game and I didn't see anything about this on the Big Fish forum. wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 02:57 AM

Thanks Marian, I.ve been everywhere looking for help. There's just something I'm not finding I guess.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 02:58 AM

wow, thanks Patsy. I wrote the guide. I can guarantee you that the guide works from beginning to end.

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I can guarantee you that the guide works from beginning to end.

I can vouch for that too: Ana is very careful and conscientious about her walkthroughs and if you read through it thoroughly, you can't go wrong. You probably have missed some little thing, Patsy; it happens to all of us. I hope you can get it figured out. wave

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/26/12 01:51 PM

I apologize to you . I am so sorry. I think I'm just getting to old for this. Need to find another hobby to keep me busy. I would probably would not have been on here so long if not for you, Ana.
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/29/12 05:43 AM

This is one of my new favorites. Gorgeous artwork and great gameplay. I am also a huge wolf lover, but the ending will warm any wolf-loving heart--and the evil mist wolves before didn't seem "real" in a sense.

Loved it!!
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/01/12 12:55 AM

I've been having some PC problems and just got to finish this game last night. I absolutely loved it! happydance

Re: Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 10/01/12 01:08 AM

I hope your computer woes are over now. Glad you liked it. yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community