GB HOMEPAGE

BFG Game Manager

Posted By: meryl

BFG Game Manager - 11/01/12 09:35 AM

I shall probably get slapped on the wrist for asking this but - what happened in the end with the issue of the new Game Manager?
I experienced no problems except slow download but I asked BFG to let me roll back to the old version. They did and there it has stayed; it seems like a long time ago.
Before posting here I tried to find out on the BFG website - technical stuff -but the last posting on the huge Game Manager thread was February.
Did they abandon the new version? I didn't see any anouncement, but I'm away a lot and there are big gaps when I don't visit that site (or this)at all.
(Please be gentle with me, Ana)
Meryl smile
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/01/12 11:16 AM

Not sure, I kept the new Game Manager. The only problem I had was slow downloads, but this has been fine for ages now. The size was a bit 'in your face' but I shrunk it down as much as possible and have got used to it. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/01/12 03:15 PM

THe new game manager is still there and I am using it. I don't have any issues with it.

Ana wave
Posted By: meryl

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/01/12 04:20 PM

OK. Thanks.I guess they are leaving us with what each has and what each of us is happy with. Sounds a good solution.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/01/12 04:23 PM

It did take a while. But BFG eventually got the new Game Manager tweaked to work for most everyone. It was noted that the main problem with the new GM was that there were people who had too many games in their GM's for the new format to support. It was as simple as having folks uninstall some of the games and use their Purchase History to reinstall when they wished to replay a game. I'm sure this didn't please everyone. But glad that the option to keep the old GM was made available. I had no problems with the new GM from the get go and felt bad that it was such a hassle for so many.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/01/12 06:34 PM

I didn't have any problem at the time others were complaining about their games not working, but just recently, nearly all my BF games give an error message. There are about four that still work for some reason. The only change I have made is to install more memory. I can't see that would cause a problem. BF suggested some possible solutions that didn't work and eventually I gave up. I will be building a new computer next year and hope that may do the trick.
Posted By: Homer6

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/02/12 04:55 AM

The only problem I had with the new game manager was the in your face look. It was unnecessarily large and I didn't needed to be told what I would like. Mainly because of the in your face look, I requested and received a link to the old game manager.
Posted By: family

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/09/12 04:48 PM

the only problem i had was to uninstall and reinstall the game manager, 2 or 3 of my games were showing trail ended and i haven't play them, but no problems now.
Posted By: Pokey

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/11/12 11:05 PM

I have no idea what happened, but my Big Fish games are now playing. It has been over two months that I have been getting an access violation error. It was missing today, so I tried some games and they worked. Nice to have them back.
Posted By: Marian

Re: BFG Game Manager - 11/11/12 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Pokey
I have no idea what happened, but my Big Fish games are now playing. It has been over two months that I have been getting an access violation error. It was missing today, so I tried some games and they worked. Nice to have them back.

Now that's mysterious, but very good news indeed. smile thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community