GB HOMEPAGE

BigFish Free Game

Posted By: Mary

BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 03:27 AM

For some reason, I keep forgetting to use my earned free game code! This month (my second in a row) I missed by only a few days.

How do you all remember to use your code for the new game? Go out and just pick a game as soon as you get the free game confirmation? I'm annoyed at myself for being so careless.
Posted By: Marian

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 04:16 AM

I keep a wordpad document on my desktop that contains my coupon codes along with their date of expiration. Seeing that right on my desktop helps remind me to check the list regularly so that none of them are allowed to expire; I also list them in order of when they are going to expire, with the earliest dates listed first. smile
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 06:11 AM

That's a smart thing to do, Marian! I'll have to try it. I lost 2 free games in October when things got hectic and I forgot about them. frown
Posted By: connie

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 12:29 PM

I keep a list on paper next to my computer. Then I check them off as I use them. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 01:11 PM

I keep a list also with the expiration date aside of the code. Along with a list of "games to play"
Posted By: thracia

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 03:20 PM

I print out the coupons and have them sitting on my computer desk. Even with that, I did have one expire on me.I think it was more because I couldn't find a SE game I wanted.

thracia

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 04:29 PM

All EXCELLENT ideas! I'm going to print out the dates of all my FREE game coupons.

Thanks!
Posted By: Koalanut

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 06:32 PM

I also copy my codes over to a word document, but I change the date to one day earlier. That way I don't go pass the time on the date stated on the coupon. I think there still is a time placed on the coupon, although I have never figured out what time that is. headscratch

Koalanut
Posted By: Marian

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/18/12 07:18 PM

That's a good point, Koalanut. I always use the codes at least one day before they are due to expire in order to avoid that issue of having gone past the exact time of expiration. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/19/12 02:11 AM

Mary, do you have a cell phone with a calendar in it or do you use outlook or some other program on your computer that has reminders in them you can set? I always use my phone as daily reminders for everything or I'd be one lost puppy! lol

Re: BigFish Free Game - 11/19/12 02:48 AM

I have a cell phone only for emergency use: the signal is so weak, it doesn't pay to keep it on.

I don't have, nor use Outlook.

AOL does have a reminder service of sorts, but it's not particularly reliable. But I can give it a try.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community