GB HOMEPAGE

Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/18/12 04:16 PM

You can download Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
How far will you go to save your only daughter's life? Is there a limit? Help Owen Wright rescue his daughter from the clutches of the Lonely Hearts Killer, the mysterious figure who kidnaps and murders people who have suffered a love gone wrong. Unravel the intrigue, put a stop to the whirlwind of crime that has paralyzed this late 19th century British city. Olivia must live! The killer must be brought to justice! Only you can do it!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
A bonus chapter with a surprising plot.
An integrated strategy guide
Downloadable soundtrack, concept art and wallpapers
An interview with the developers

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/18/12 04:22 PM

Thanks, Ana. I thought the first Brink of Consciousness game, Dorian Gray Syndrome, was one of the best games I played last year, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what the developers have done this time around. thumbsup wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/18/12 04:34 PM

I picked this one up this morning. So far it's very good. If BF keeps this up, I won't have any money left to get the new MCF!!cry

thracia

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/18/12 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: thracia
I picked this one up this morning. So far it's very good. If BF keeps this up, I won't have any money left to get the new MCF!!cry

thracia

Yes, let's hope that the games released between now and the new MCF will be dull and uninteresting!! grin
Posted By: lakecat

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/18/12 07:01 PM

Oh, my gosh! I loved the first one (was just replaying it - do you supose they could see that? Oooo, twilight zone moment! LOL!), but I agree with thracia; I've been saving two credits for MCF! I will have to try this one; I supose I could wait...
Posted By: menahune

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/18/12 08:54 PM

yikes! and the new Murder She Wrote is coming up this week too

well, at least, I'll fill another punch card - but sometimes good non-CE games are few and far between

Janice
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/23/12 06:39 PM

Anyone finished this game yet? Is the CE worth buying?
Posted By: thracia

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/23/12 11:44 PM

Sorry, Roasboobie, stopped playing to play MCF.

thracia

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/23/12 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Rosaboobie
Anyone finished this game yet? Is the CE worth buying?

I finished the game a few days ago. The bonus game is of a good length and the story ties the first Brink of Consciousness game into this one in an interesting way. The CE also has a video interview with the developers, which I enjoyed watching. wave

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/24/12 06:18 PM

Thanks, folks
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/27/12 07:47 PM

I'm really enjoying this game. Has a Sherlock Holmes feel about it. Nice music and graphics, well-done dialogue, and a good story.

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/27/12 07:49 PM

The developers, MagicIndie, have become one of my favorites. Glad you're enjoying the game, Sparkle. wave
Posted By: flutist

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/28/12 06:19 PM

I just picked this one up with a coupon code. santadance

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/28/12 06:28 PM

Have fun, Bets! presents12 wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/28/12 11:58 PM

I think my favorite part of this game is the interview with the developers in the Bonus Content. I was left with a lot of questions after I finished the game and was grateful for the background information. Interesting to hear how much character development was involved. I'd like to see more of this in future games.

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 11/29/12 12:52 AM

Glad you liked the video interview; I found that really added to the game. wave
Posted By: lakecat

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/12 06:24 PM

I simply love these developers! The first Brink of Consciousness is still my favorite, but I too join the chorus for more in this series. Didn't they have the interviews on the first one? ...I seem to remember. Not recommended for those who do not enjoy dialog, though.

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/12 06:49 PM

The Brink of Consciousness CE did indeed also have an interview with the developers. wave12

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/12 07:16 PM

I played The Lonely Hearts Murder CE right after playing Dorian Gray and although I did enjoy the latest game, IMO it was not a patch on Dorian Gray.

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/07/12 07:54 PM

I agree, Boobie. I thought the first one was better but I did enjoy the new one as well. wave12
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/10/12 03:57 PM

I really enjoyed BOC: Dorian Gray and decided to buy this one last night due to remarks above and liking the trial.
Getting the BF Keychain with this buy is an added bonus. grin12

Marian, I'll be sure to look at the Interview at the end. I enjoy those too. smile12

By the way, I really miss that BFG Toolbar. sad
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/10/12 05:43 PM

Did they get rid of the toolbar smitty?

Ana wave12

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/10/12 05:51 PM

I did read on Big Fish that they are discontinuing the toolbar. wave12

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/10/12 05:52 PM

Really? I wonder why?
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 12/10/12 06:09 PM

Yes, it's no longer available. Mine was on both browsers, Fire Fox and IE. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that it was discontinued and FF updated last week and now the toolbar is gone. It's still on my IE which I never use. Comments have been posted on BFG FB page. This is one feature change they made that I don't like. I was in the habit of checking the BFG Toolbar first everyday. It had everything right there in one spot.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community