GB HOMEPAGE

Mumbo Jumbo Issues

Posted By: Cue

Mumbo Jumbo Issues - 12/13/12 03:47 PM

I bought the disk version of Mumbo Jumbo's "Midnight Mysteries - Devil on the Mississippi".

By default, when I installed the game it wanted to install "Gamebar" and set Web Search as my default search engine. If I select the custom install I can deselect them both but then when I try to launch the game I get a "debug report" that apparently is supposed to improve the game in the future.

So I went to the Mumbo Jumbo website to see if there was a way to install the game without the add-on and without making changes to my computer and Norton notified me that it had just stopped a malicious toolkit attack!

Sounds pretty suspicious to me. Has anyone else had problems like this with Mumbo Jumbo games?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues - 12/13/12 04:03 PM

I stick with BigFish for this reason.

Hopefully someone that has bought a game from them can tell you if this is the norm. It sounds like a lot more than you bargained for just to install a game.

Ana luck
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues - 12/13/12 04:49 PM

Several years ago I purchased a couple of boxed Mumbo Jumbo games and nothing like what you describe ever happened to me, Cue. Maybe things have changed in the interim? headscratch wave12
Posted By: family

Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues - 12/13/12 07:22 PM

i brought mumbo jumbo 3 midnight games install the gamebar and web search nothing happen, and uninstall gamebar and web search.
Posted By: Cue

Re: Mumbo Jumbo Issues - 12/14/12 09:20 PM

Thanks everyone.

I had one other Midnight Mystery game that came in a four-pack that I didn't have any problems with. I think for the price, I'll leave this one alone.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community