GB HOMEPAGE

Big Fish new home page

Posted By: cailyn

Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 10:36 AM

Do you like the new home page?I'm undecided about it rolleyes12only because I couldn't find today's release santa
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 10:46 AM

It's very cluttered to me. I think it's much harder to find what you need now, but it's just the one page and you can get behind it fairly easily.
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 11:06 AM

I have left feedback to say that I hate it. Before this new home page I could find what I want with one click, i.e. Tomorrow's Game today, but on this new home page, I could only find today's Deal, and had to find what I want by circumvented means. If I am doing something wrong, can someone please sort me out. rotfl12

We are mostly all Club Members who visit this site, and we all know full well what other projects that BFG offer, so why preach to the converted??

Phew.......... I feel so much better now after that vent LOL santadance
Posted By: Cherie

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 11:57 AM

I felt the changes were minor. I had no trouble finding my old haunting areas.

I have learned that BFG frequently makes site changes and this one was small in comparison to others that they have made.

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 12:09 PM

Then, cherie, please help this poor confused soul........... Did you find Tomorrow's Game Today with just one click from the Home Page? rolleyes12
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 01:48 PM

I agree with much of what you said, Rosaboobie. I found TGT under the "account" tab. There's also no weekly deal that I could find. Did they do away with that? wave12
Posted By: Cappy

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 02:04 PM

At the bottom of the first column (Download Games) is "see more." When you click on that, you'll see the page we're all accustomed to. Actually, I like the new page and having all the gaming options spelled out in one spot.

Barb

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Sherlock
I agree with much of what you said, Rosaboobie. I found TGT under the "account" tab. There's also no weekly deal that I could find. Did they do away with that? wave12

That's exactly how I found it too, Sherlock bravo12
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 03:29 PM

Seems cluttered and accessing what I wanted wasn't intuitive. But I think it's just a matter of getting familiar with the change. I imagine I'll figure it all out eventually. crazy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 04:03 PM

All you have to do is click on the top left tab that says PC games and you will find the old home page. The daily game, weekly game and TGT are all there like always. Change is hard... lol12

Ana wave12
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 04:23 PM

I DON'T like it! I clicked on "DOWNLOAD GAMES ganes for pc and Mac" and it takes you to the original page which we all know and love! I bookmarked that page and it takes me right there. If you want to go back to the new home page click on the Big Fish logo . yes
Posted By: Marian

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 04:32 PM

Once I figured out that all I had to do was what Ana described above, it was all okay with me. wave12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 05:20 PM

I played with it last night and figured it out and so this morning was easy to click on the one tab. I actually like the home page.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
All you have to do is click on the top left tab that says PC games and you will find the old home page. The daily game, weekly game and TGT are all there like always. Change is hard... lol12

Ana wave12

I hesitate to complain about change because I don't want people to chalk it up to my age. lol12 santadance

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 05:44 PM

lol12
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 06:15 PM

I hadn't seen the change until it was mentioned in this thread.

I personally think it looks better, more organized. To me, the old home page was too busy, too crowded. I have a terrible time navigating busy pages.

Change is always going to take place, especially online. That doesn't mean it's bad, just different. And something that requires a bit of getting used to.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 06:41 PM

Glad to hear you had a good 'vent' Boobie. It must help with all the cold and wet up there! snicker wave12

Bernie monky

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 07:03 PM

Oh, Bernie, it's absolutely freezing up here at the moment, with a gale force wind blowing around my cottage LOL penguin

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Rosaboobie
Oh, Bernie, it's absolutely freezing up here at the moment, with a gale force wind blowing around my cottage LOL penguin

Just where are you now Boobie? I see now that you are in Orkney but I'm not sure where that is? Keep warm! wave12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 07:24 PM

Orkney is a group of Islands above the north of Scotland, on the way to Norway LOL.... brrrrr happydance12
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 07:41 PM

And home to one of my favorite single malts: Highland Park. laugh

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 07:47 PM

MrLipid, guess what I won last week as first prize in our Christmas lunch raffle?? A whole litre of Highland Park. I have never tasted it before, but I will think of you when I sample it over Christmas! santadance

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 08:02 PM

Being that you're so far north is that why you have blue feet? Poor Boobie! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR frown12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 08:06 PM

Hee hee - yes, my feet are always cold, as you can see rotfl12
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 08:20 PM

"Highland Park is the greatest all-rounder in the world of malt whisky."

So said one of the world's experts on all things whisky. And he's right.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 08:55 PM

I don't mind change, really, except when a new Windows OS gets thrust upon me !! rolleyes12

And the new BigFish page is a doddle compared to that lol12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
I don't mind change, really, except when a new Windows OS gets thrust upon me !! rolleyes12

Spoken like a Windows 7 new user! grin12 wave12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Rosaboobie
Hee hee - yes, my feet are always cold, as you can see rotfl12

rotfl12
Posted By: Mad

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/14/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Originally Posted By: Mad

Spoken like a Windows 7 new user! grin12 wave12

Yes Sirree !! wink12 rotfl12
Posted By: Sly One

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 01:42 AM

I played with it last night as well and I also like it. It really isn't too bad once you get to know it a little and you absolutely can bookmark the page you want and never have to worry about the rest of it if you'd like and so in that case it's really whatever your preference is. :)

As long as I can still buy my games, I'm okay with it. LOL

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 10:41 AM

Ok, now that I have slept on this issue (well not slept exactly cos the wind was so strong in the night it kept me awake!), I now see that the new Home Page is not as bad as I thought. Just 2 clicks of the mouse, instead of one, to get me back to Home Sweet Home. lol12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 04:18 PM

Boobie, just one click. Just click on the PC Games tab under the words "A New" Game Everyday. Glad it's not as bad today. grin12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 04:31 PM

Even better grin12
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 04:35 PM

I don't mind the new layout.

BTW, are the Streaming Games still just for
US customers? Does anybody know?

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 05:01 PM

Flo, we announced it Here and I believe it is still only available in the US for now.

Ana wave12

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Flo NS
I don't mind the new layout.

BTW, are the Streaming Games still just for
US customers? Does anybody know?

Flo, I just looked this question up in the "help" section on Big Fish and it says the following:

Quote:
Currently, Big Fish Unlimited is only available to players in the United States.

Maybe this will change in the future. wave12
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Big Fish new home page - 12/15/12 11:01 PM

I thought it would have changed by now. Oh well, maybe next year.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community