GB HOMEPAGE

Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish - 01/09/13 04:07 PM

You can download Victim of Xen here.

Quote:

Embark on a journey across continents in the Role Playing Game, Victim of Xen. Follow Will as he becomes a victim of circumstance, after the frivolous royal witch, Xen, turns him into a girl. As you search of a way to reverse the spell, you'll get pulled into something much more treacherous. Explore a dynamic story set in a rich world full of war and intrigue, with a dash of quirkiness. Fight monsters, complete jobs and get ready for adventure.
Unique Story
Dynamic World
Can you reverse the spell?

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish - 01/09/13 04:35 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish - 01/10/13 02:13 PM

Ana thumbsup
Posted By: Cynder

Re: Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish - 01/12/13 01:15 AM

This one is a effort by a newer developer, and, as such, is not bad. Not bad, however, doesn't mean good to me. Even though I like encouraging new developers, this one gets a "yellow light" from me.

The plot idea is intriguing. Hero runs afoul of a witch with "moods," who turns him into a girl. While trying to reverse the curse, he gets involved in a civil war, all of which could have been great, but goes nowhere.

Gameplay is complicated because money, which is easily available at game start, quickly becomes nigh impossible to obtain.

Add to that that the main character is bent upon putting together an evil artifact which will reverse his curse, but also have horrible repercussions on the whole world, and he doesn't care a whit? Yeah, clueless, to say the least!

I'd say, if you want to see what this niche genre is all about (and you know I love these puppies when they're well done!) and have a free game coupon, Xen is neither the best nor the worst, but when BFG has The Witch and The Warrior, Leah's Tale, Ella's Hope, and Skyborn, I think your coupon is better spent.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish - 01/12/13 02:10 AM

Thanks very much for all that, Cynder. Very informative! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Victim of Xen - New Strategy Game on BigFish - 01/12/13 02:10 AM

THanks Cynder, I appreciate you listing the reasons you give the game your rating. Good points!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community