GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 04:05 PM

You can download Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Edgar Allan Poe’s classic tale gets a reboot in this fourth game in the well-loved Dark Tales series. You and your detective companion Dupin have been summoned to the seashore to help William LeGrand discover the exact location of a treasure lost hundreds of years ago. But LeGrand isn’t the only one with designs on the pirate booty… A masked villain tries to make off with the code, and a mysterious woman in a veil seems to be connected. Follow the clues – with the help of the superior sniffing abilities of your Newfoundland sidekick – to track down the treasure and foil the criminal’s plans.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Bonus game
Re-playable mini-games, hidden-object scenes, and cut scenes
Soundtracks, wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art
Integrated Strategy Guide

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 04:12 PM

Thanks, Ana. I have enjoyed the three previous games in the Dark Tales series, and there's no doubt in my mind that I will enjoy this one too. wave

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 05:23 PM

It's a good one Marian! The HOS are especially fun.

Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 05:26 PM

Didn't even try the demo bought the game right away. Really a great game. You will know when you start playing it Marian. I won't say anymore.
Richard

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 05:58 PM

Thanks, Ana and Richard! I can't wait to play the game! happydance wave
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 06:37 PM

Just like Kjos I bought this game right away without trying it out. I found the previous 3 games to be excellent. Thanks Ana and Marian wave thumbsup

Bernie monky
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 07:01 PM

Just finished the demo - it's a winner for me.

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 07:18 PM

Enjoy the game! thumbsup wave
Posted By: menahune

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 08:02 PM

oh my, I'm buying this one as soon as I saw the dogs

plus, I know it will be great because I played the other Edgar Allan Poe games

Janice
Posted By: kjos

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 08:04 PM

One HO after another. I don't mind a few but that many. The first hour there was vary few but now.
I guess there isn't as many as I thought there was. Sorry.
Richard

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 09:30 PM

Janice, you will love your trusty sidekick Arthur. grin
Posted By: zookeeper

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/10/13 11:36 PM

Richard, Thanks for the update. I always like reading your posts about BF games. I also look for games with fewer HOs.

I've noticed that games tend to be presented that way often. In that the trial period has just a few of HOs, then the remaining game pours them on. Kinda seems like a misrepresentation of the whole game.
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/13 01:11 AM

Thank you, Ana!

I've been waiting for this to be released and and what better excuse for buying another game then it being my birthday. rotfl

The first three in the series: Murders in the Rue Morgue, Black Cat and Premature Burial were excellent. I'm expecting that The Gold Bug will be just as good, if not better! thumbsup
Posted By: menahune

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/13 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: kjos
One HO after another. I don't mind a few but that many. The first hour there was vary few but now.
I guess there isn't as many as I thought there was. Sorry.
Richard

Richard, I thought of you when I discovered how many HOs there were, and I know you've said you didn't like them.

by the way, what does KJOS stand for? - sounds like call letters for a radio station

Janice
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/13 02:11 AM

Happy Birthday, smitty!! birthday
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/11/13 06:59 AM

Thank you, Sherlock! sherlock
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/13 02:33 AM

Hi, Ana!

I really loved the game (especially Arthur), but thought it was way too short. It only took me 3-1/2 hours to play the main game, and I didn't skip any puzzles or use the Hint button. I've been playing the bonus game for about 20 minutes, so I don't know how long it is.

Susan

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/13 02:42 AM

The bonus chapter is equal to a few chapters in the game so it's a good addition. Glad you are enjoying it. I love Arthur! He looks so real!
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/13 10:45 PM

The game is fun but when I attempt to talk to someone the dialog repeats like a stuck record and the music does the same thing. It's annoying! I have to turn the sound off. Maybe it's my computer. Anybody else else having this problem? Other than that I am enjoying the game. smile

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/14/13 11:20 PM

I don't leave any sound on when I play so I can't answer that but hopefully someone else that has played can. Do you have an integrated sound card? That causes audio issues in a lot of games.

Ana wave

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 01:56 AM

Ana, I have no idea what an integrated sound card is! crazy LOL So I can't answer that! All of my other games sound just fine. It only seems to be this game. But there was another game that I played recently which did the same thing. But I can't remember which game it is! I am almost thinking that it too was an ERS game. So maybe their games are a little different? Oh well I am pretty far into the game so it's not a big deal. I can live with it! wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 02:10 AM

Penny, Checked in on the BFG Game Forum and see that there are a few others experiencing issues with the sound in this game. You may want to post in the Technical Problems thread just to add your voice in case this is a fixable glitch.

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 02:17 AM

That's a good suggestion, Sparkle. Contacting Customer Support would also be a good idea. wave

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 02:54 AM

Do your speakers or headphones plug into a sound card or into the mother board of your computer? If they plug into the mother board they are integrated and not a separate card. These tend to have difficulties in some games.

Ana wave

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 03:01 AM

They plug into the computer . Now I know what you're talking about! idea wave
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 08:00 PM

Ana you play without the sound????? That's half the fun. I could not imagine no sound. lol

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 08:24 PM

Too distracting for me. I hardly ever play without writing at the same time, so I listen to music or the TV instead.

Ana wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 01/15/13 09:01 PM

Hi, Ana!

I finally finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I was disappointed in the length. The bonus chapter took me just over an hour to play, so it was about 4-1/2 hours in total.

Susan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community