GB HOMEPAGE

Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 04:20 PM

You can download Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn here.

Quote:

Two weeks after the events of Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison, Kiera Vale finds herself drawn back into a web of occult sciences, mysterious dark entities, and government secrets -- woven by the agency known as A.R.C.A.N.E.. Kiera is happy to receive the call, but soon after her arrival finds that things are not at all how she remembers them to be. What are these agents hiding, and why didn't they tell her the whole story? What is the true nature of the Blackwater "Witch"? Why is Dr. Thorn's young daughter locked up in a containment cell? From the top secret labs in the depths of A.R.C.A.N.E.'s headquarters to the distant spires of alien worlds, Ms. Vale will seek answers, solve cryptic puzzles, banish evil otherdimensional creatures, and perhaps even make a new friend over a game of Piggy Princess along the way, in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn.

Check out our Blog Walkthrough here.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 04:42 PM

Thanks Ana, looks like a great game for puzzle lovers, like me.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 05:01 PM

Thanks, Ana. I'm reading that this game has no hidden object scenes and is an adventure lite/puzzle game instead. The first Nightmare Adventures game had no hidden object scenes either (except for one small bit, which was really more for some humor thrown in by the developers). wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 05:08 PM

You are right Marian, I browsed the WT and it is indeed no HOS. I changed the title. Thanks!
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 06:12 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 07:12 PM

Thank you, Ana - I came upon a glitch in the demo and could proceed no further. The Hint button told me to press the big red button in the elevator, which I do, but then nothing happens. cry

OR it's more likely I have done something wrong in this game??

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 08:43 PM

Boobie, I'm not sure. I see other folks on the BF forum having some technical problems with the game. Maybe there will be an update released. I'll watch the BF forums and keep you posted. wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 09:11 PM

Boobie,did you power up the elevator. Than you can press the button. I didn't have any trouble.
Richard

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 10:11 PM

No trouble here either. The hour went by pretty quickly. Although if it's the button in the elevator, I didn't get that far. Too busy figuring our puzzles.

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 11:18 PM

Great game no HO but the puzzles are a little hard glad for a skip. I used my coupon for free.
Richard
Posted By: menahune

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 11:23 PM

I finished the demo - liked it - and am undecided whether to buy with a free game coupon.

I'm replaying the Witches Prison now and will probably go back and buy it.

But ... on the BF forum, some one talked about a game 'coming tomorrow night'. Maybe I'll wait until then

Janice

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/26/13 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: menahune

But ... on the BF forum, some one talked about a game 'coming tomorrow night'. Maybe I'll wait until then

Janice

The game that is expected for tomorrow is Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life CE, from the developers of Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen. I hope to see it soon. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/27/13 05:33 PM

Was anxious to get this game with a Punch Card coupon, but leery due to the number of technical issues posted in BFG forum. I'm not usually put off by a dozen or so technical problems since these can often be due to individual computer compatibility. But many are experiencing the same glitches. Can only hope for an update before the end of the month unless others here are able to play through without trouble.

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/28/13 02:09 AM

My first glitch in the game picked up three bullets and when I went to use them they weren't in my inventory. Half way done with the game.
Richard

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/28/13 02:26 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that, Richard. sad
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/28/13 02:18 PM

I had the same problem with the elevator. Then it occurred to me that I had to knock the extinguisher out of the doorway. I was then able to press the red button. Not sure if this is the problem that others are having, but it's always worth a shot. grin

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/28/13 04:06 PM

Thanks, Sherlock! sherlock wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/28/13 10:24 PM

The seems logical Sherlock, the elevator can't go anywhere with the door stuck open.
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 01/29/13 09:04 AM

Yes, that sure does sound logical, Sherlock. Unfortunately I ran out of time on the demo at that point and I really cant remember if I moved the extinguisher or not! woozy

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/01/13 03:13 AM

Well, now it's my turn to have problems. After the 6th chapter loaded I got a message indicating profile files had been corrupted and had to be deleted. My only option, at this time, is to start over. But, what I've read at BF is that, even if you start over, the problem may happen again. This has happened even when using a different profile. So, it's time for me to wait for a fix. Hopefully, that will be soon. frown

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/01/13 05:24 AM

I'm sorry about that, Sherlock. If I see an update released, I will certainly post here. frown wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/01/13 02:04 PM

Thanks, Marian! I know that BF is working on it and I trust that an update will be out soon. wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 01:36 AM

I see that BF just released a update should fix a lot of issues. I hope so. Will try the game again.I like the game.
Richard

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 01:52 AM

Good luck Richard!

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 02:07 AM

Thanks very much for letting us know, Richard. thumbsup wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 05:14 PM

I've had it with this game half way through the game and it crashed and deleted my profile. Will dump it.
Richard

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 05:17 PM

I'm sorry, Richard; thanks for letting us know. I'm sure Big Fish would give you a coupon code for another game instead if you have given up on trying to play it. wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 05:22 PM

Well Marian I've got a lot more games to play.
Richard

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Well Marian I've got a lot more games to play.
Richard

And that's great. smile I was just mentioning it in case you wanted to replace a game you were having problems with for a playable one - there's no such thing as too many games to play, right? grin wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 05:37 PM

Will contact BF and see it I can get a coupon for another game. thanks
Marian

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/02/13 06:02 PM

Sounds good. smile

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 01:17 AM

Marian I got my free game coupon today.
Richard

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Marian I got my free game coupon today.
Richard

Excellent! thumbsup wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 06:10 PM

I bought the game, started playing, quit for the day. Went back in and only get BF logo and game developer's logo, then "loading" screen which doesn't do anything. Have to use program manager to get out of it. Wrote to BF, they replied and tried to tell me it is my computer. I did follow their steps, but didn't work. My other games work fine.

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 06:18 PM

THere was a new version issued on February 1st. Have you downloaded the latest one?

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 06:48 PM

No, but will try. Thank you. Uninstalled the game, went to Purchase History, reinstalled it and have the same problem.

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 07:58 PM

Laurette, talk to Customer Support again. I'm sure they would give you a coupon code for a different game if the problem is still unresolved. wave

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 09:50 PM

Marian: I have been in touch with customer support, when they told me it was my computer,with which I disagree. Waiting for their next response.

Thanks.

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 02/05/13 10:05 PM

Good to talk to them again, Laurette! wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 03/11/13 08:31 PM

Don't think I'll be buying this one. I hit a window with rock but window didn't break and rock vanished from inventory.

Re: Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn - New Adventure Lite on BigFish - 03/11/13 08:40 PM

I see that this game had an update released for it, and I also see folks mentioning vanishing inventory. It sounds like there may still be some problems with the game that need fixing. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community