GB HOMEPAGE

Challenging Match 3's?

Posted By: Rosaboobie

Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 10:01 AM

I am looking for a new and challenging Match 3 game - I am an addict of Around the World in 80 Days but having played the full game hundreds of times, I would like to try something new. I am NOT into your ordinary run of the mill games but one in which you need a lot of thought and strategy. Any suggestions please?
Posted By: 3dobermans

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 01:47 PM

Have you tried the Jewel Quest games? There's 4 of them. They start out fairly easy and each level becomes increasingly more difficult.

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 01:49 PM

Hmmm - I don't think I have tried them. Thanks, I will try out the demo.

Does it matter which order I play them in?
Posted By: flutist

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 04:06 PM

No.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 04:10 PM

Try Caribbean Hideaway. It gets very difficult as it progresses and I like it so much that I have played it through completely approximately four times so far. wave

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 05:08 PM

Thank you, Marian - duh, I forgot I had that game!

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Rosaboobie
Thank you, Marian - duh, I forgot I had that game!

grin Well, if you already have it, that will be very convenient! wave
Posted By: menahune

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Try Caribbean Hideaway. It gets very difficult as it progresses and I like it so much that I have played it through completely approximately four times so far. wave

I couldn't find this one on BF - is it Caribbean Treasures, or should I look elsewhere?

I like Match 3's, and especially the two mentioned - Around the World and Crystal Cave

thanks for the heads up

Janice

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 05:51 PM

Here you go:

Caribbean Hideaway

wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 06:11 PM

I found the later stages of Jewel Quests 3 and 4 very challenging scared

But Jewel Quests 1 & 2 I still play regularly - and really enjoy myself doing so grin

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 08:34 PM

Here you go:

Caribbean Hideaway

wave

thanks for this one, Marian - I like it - quite different from others I've played - and it's not timed .... yea

just what I needed to fill up my punch card before the month turns over

Janice

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 01/31/13 08:56 PM

Janice, I'm glad you like the game, but it is indeed a timed game. I hope you see this before you get the game, just in case you are unhappy with the timer. I'm sorry I didn't mention the timer before. It's really fun, though. wave

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/01/13 05:02 AM

Janice, I'm glad you like the game, but it is indeed a timed game. I hope you see this before you get the game, just in case you are unhappy with the timer. I'm sorry I didn't mention the timer before. It's really fun, though. wave

oh yes, I see now that it's timed - it took me quite a few rounds and a few failures to figure out the strategy of it - I had been playing like a straight Match 3.

this is a great game, and I'm loving it - it does get more challenging, but also more interesting

Janice

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/01/13 05:22 AM

I'm so glad you are enjoying it! happydance wave

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/01/13 12:51 PM

And while cleaning up my laptop, I also found I had Call of Atlantis, so I am playing that now. For me, Playrix seems to make the best Match 3's.
Posted By: flutist

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/02/13 04:07 PM

Hey, I forgot about that one Rosaboobie. Went back to it and found I had not finished it. Fun game.

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/03/13 04:06 PM

I am having a lot of fun with Call of Atlantis - I am already on Journey 2!

Does anyone know if Rise of Atlantis came before or after Call of Atlantis? And is "Rise" as good as "Call"?
Posted By: Kayc

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/04/13 10:01 PM

wave Hi Marian,
Thanks to you, I got Caribbean Hideaway using a free game at Bigfish. I'm loving it, but it's not easy. I was ready for a challenging game. I'm on level 39 now, after being stuck on 30 for awhile, but I'm getting better. lol
Thanks
Kay

Re: Challenging Match 3's? - 02/05/13 01:11 AM

That's great to hear that you like the game so much, Kay. It definitely gets more challenging as you go along! grin wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community