GB HOMEPAGE

Solitaire

Posted By: Mad

Solitaire - 02/01/13 04:55 AM

Hi smile

Not sure if this is the right Board for my question but here goes grin

Can anyone recommend a site which offers a free, downloadable "Classic Solitaire" game ??

I did find what I want at Gametop but don't know if that's a "safe" site for downloads whistle

Thanks.

Mad wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 05:14 AM

If you have Windows 7 it comes installed for free. Have you checked that version out?

Ana wave

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 05:56 AM

Yes, I did have it when I first started using Win7, because I used to play it, but I don't know where it's gone !!

I've obviously "done" something ghastly shocked

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 06:01 AM

In the games folder under All programs?

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 02:30 PM

You should be able to find it (if it's installed) by typing
sol
in the Start Search.

If it's not installed, go to Control Panel --> Programs --> Turn Windows features on or off.

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 04:38 PM

Hi - And thank you both smile

I've found Solitaire (under Games in Control Panel/Windows Features as you said) and I've now checked its box - but how do I get to play it ?? woozy

[I want to get the launch icon onto Desktop.]

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 05:13 PM

Select the Start button, All Programs, Games, right click on the solitaire icon and send desktop as shortcut.

Glad you found it!

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Hi - And thank you both smile

I've found Solitaire (under Games in Control Panel/Windows Features as you said) and I've now checked its box - but how do I get to play it ??

Well, that's where you install it. If it wasn't checked there, it wasn't installed -- or at least it was a "Windows Feature" that wasn't turned on.

After it's installed, it should come up in the Start Search (just type sol) and you can send a shortcut to the desktop the way Ana described.

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 08:01 PM

Thank you !! Thank you !!
With that help from both of you I have my Solitaire back .... yay yay yay

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 08:18 PM

Enjoy!

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 09:18 PM

I will, BrownEyedTigre !! thanks

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 10:39 PM

They took the games (solitaire, minesweeper, etc.) out of Windows 8, so hold onto your Windows 7.

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 11:03 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Solitaire - 02/01/13 11:35 PM

They didn't take those games re: Solitaire away from Windows 8, they make you Download it from their famous Apps Store, they are still Free and once you download it they stay on your PC. They have included a Solitary Bundle, 2 or 3 Mahjong games, Minesweeper which has a different look, and many more other free games.

OH, and I also downloaded the Free Cribbage game and love it since there is nobody in my family that no longer wants to play that game.

Re: Solitaire - 02/02/13 12:10 AM

Thanks Starcom!

Re: Solitaire - 02/02/13 06:18 AM

Well, thanks for the info, Starcom, but I'm not in any hurry for Win8 .... I am still fumbling my way round Win7 lol lol lol
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Solitaire - 02/02/13 07:34 AM

I do not blame ya Mad lol, I would not switch Operating System just for the sake of a few Free solitaire games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community