GB HOMEPAGE

Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 04:14 PM

You can download Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Join Fiona, a young girl born with magic, as she stops dark creatures in this hidden-object puzzle adventure. There is a magical world hidden beneath our own -- and only you can see it! Can you stop the Shade and his minions from casting our world into darkness?

With the help of Ms. Thomas, Fiona's schoolteacher, find magical artifacts that will stop the Shade for good. Solve tricky puzzles and explore fantastic landscapes. Choose your own path and decide which location to visit first. Test your wits in a battle between good and evil in Otherworld: Omens of Summer.

WARNING: This game contains mature content which may not be suitable for all audiences.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Bonus gameplay
Replayable mini-games
Challenging achievements
Smart strategy guide
Wallpaper and concept art

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 04:30 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave

I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, Otherworld: Spring of Shadows, and am looking forward to playing this game. smile

The developer is Boomzap, creators of the Awakening series and the Dana Knightstone series, among others. thumbsup
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 04:55 PM

Definitely a buy for me. There seems to be quite a bit to do, not a lot of HOS, a lot of interaction and the voice overs are great. The first chapter took up most of the trial time. There are a lot of chapters. There's also an interactive map, that will take you to places already visited and it let's you know if you still have things to do in certain places.

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 04:59 PM

Sounds great, Flo! yay
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 05:46 PM

Loved the first one. Trembling fingers creeping towards the "buy" button.
Jeanne

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanne
Trembling fingers creeping towards the "buy" button.
Jeanne

Love this sentence! lol
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/03/13 05:59 PM

Just finished the demo - It's a winner for me too.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 04:21 PM

Hi, Ana!

I downloaded and played the demo, and this is a definite buy for me. The first game was wonderful, and it took me over 9 hours to complete (7+ hours for the main game and 2+ hours for the bonus game).

I'm hoping BFG has another half-price sale on game credits because I'm slowly going bankrupt grin !

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 04:57 PM

lol You are swaying me to buy it and I have no time to play.

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 06:47 PM

Susie07, on your recommendation I am now playing the first game in this series - Never played it before and didnt realise I had bought it - I am really enjoying it. I hope the new game is just as good.

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 07:13 PM

Hi, Ana and Boobie!

I've already got a few games I haven't played yet, but this one is another winner. I may hold off buying it for a couple of days to see if BFG has any sales and, by then, it will be the 7th of the month and I can use a Game Club Credit. I don't have much time to play either, but since when has that ever stopped me grin !

Boobie, I'm glad you discovered that you hadn't yet played the first game because you're in for a real treat. Just when I thought I was nearing the end, there was still lots more to do but, unlike some other games that are longer than most, I was never bored with this one, nor was I wishing it would end. Enjoy!

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 08:08 PM

I just replayed the first Otherworld game and enjoyed it as much as I did the first time around. It's going to be wonderful to be able to play the second one. wave

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 10:53 PM

Hi, Marian!

I replayed the first "Otherworld" game a few months ago when there wasn't anything new that I was interested in and also enjoyed it as much the second time.

I'm going to try holding off buying "Omens of Summer" to see if BFG has another sale, but I'm not liking my chances grin ! I just know the minute I buy it, the next day the banner will read "Half Price Sale On All Games" lol !

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 11:05 PM

I've had some purchases that were made right before a surprise sale as well. I know the feeling. grin

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/04/13 11:26 PM

Maybe a Valentine's Sale? hearts

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/05/13 12:24 AM

I will hold that thought, Ana. smile

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/05/13 12:36 AM

Hi, Ana!~

Valentine's is 10 days away, and I'll be lucky if I can hold out until the 7th when I get my 2nd Club Game Credit grin !

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/05/13 12:58 AM

lol I'm only guessing at a sale, but it seems like a good occasion to have one. I know it seems light years away if you really want the game.

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/05/13 02:26 AM

Hi, Ana!

I really want the game lol ! I enjoyed the first one so much and the demo of "Omens of Summer" was just as good.

Edited to add that I'm glad I waited because I can pick up this one and "Maestro:" Music From The Void" today for 20% off happydance .

Susan

Posted By: smitty145

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 01:03 AM

I can't do it! I just can't do it! I have to buy it NOW!!! I finished the demo and MUST go on!
Fortunately, there's a 20% off today only sale. penguin

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 01:10 AM

Hi, smitty!

I was holding out until tomorrow when I get my second Club Game Credit but, since I can never resist a sale, I picked it up a day early for 20% off. I also picked up "Maestro: Music From The Void".

Susan

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 01:15 AM

You are about to be snowed in smitty, you have to buy it now! lol
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 01:18 AM

Hi Susan,

I knew you couldn't hold out when I saw that sale pop up. rotfl This is just too good to wait.
I'm also thinking of grabbing Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life CE.

Ana, Great minds think alike!!! rotfl Do you think BFG would have a snow day sale? winter

~Carol

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 01:24 AM

Too bad they are on the opposite coast. They could have a rainy day sale pretty much everyday. lol

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Too bad they are on the opposite coast. They could have a rainy day sale pretty much everyday. lol

How true!! grin

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 09:39 AM

Just finished the original Otherworld - what a good and long game with plenty of puzzles.

Has anyone finished Omen of Summer yet? If so, how does it compare to the original game? Is it a long game?

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/07/13 02:45 PM

Hi, smitty and Boobie!

smitty, I have absolutely no willpower, so the minute I discovered all games were 20% off yesterday, I was there lol !

Boobie, I'm glad you enjoyed the original Otherworld because it was an excellent game. I've only played "Omens of Summer" for about 25 minutes, but it looks like another winner.

Susan
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/13 09:12 AM

I just finished,is there a bonus to this game? wave

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/13 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: cailyn
I just finished,is there a bonus to this game? wave

Yes, there is. You should be able to access it from the main menu. Did you try looking under "Extras?" I don't have the game in front of me, but bonus gameplay is usually located somewhere like that. wave
Posted By: cailyn

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/13 06:06 PM

Thanks Marion I found it wave

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/13 06:16 PM

Have fun, Sue! smile
Posted By: spankie

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/24/13 02:40 AM

Waited for a sale and nabbed this game!! Woo hoo

Have just finished the first chapter and wondered if anyone knew about a list of where the fairies are located? Couldn't find one in the guide.

Just wanted to make sure I found all of them so I could get the achievement award.

Thanks for any help. wave

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/24/13 02:47 AM

According to someone on the Big Fish forum, the strategy guide has shots of all the fairies. Go to the Table of Contents and choose Achievements, Collectibles; you have to click through all the pages until you are past the Achievements and the bonus puzzles. wave
Posted By: spankie

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/24/13 03:37 AM

Thanks Marian wave

I had checked the achievements but didn't go through all of them. Was so excited to get started on this lovely great game, just didn't want to miss anything.

thanks

Re: Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/24/13 04:24 AM

Have fun with the game; it's great that you are enjoying it. rah wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community