GB HOMEPAGE

Mountain Crime: Requital

Posted By: Mary

Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/16/13 03:05 AM

I've now spent hours trying to figure out the chess puzzle in this game. I don't play chess, nor know too much about it. Is there any way to skip this puzzle?
If not, can anyone give me any tips? The chess pieces in the "journal" look totally different from the pieces I have to place. I don't know the king from the queen!

Any help or tips, please?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/16/13 03:23 AM

Have you checked the walkthrough here?

It's random in each game so you need to place them as it showed on your tv screen in the game.

Ana luck
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/16/13 03:23 AM

Hi, Mary. I haven't played this game, but I was able to find this information about the chess puzzle:

Quote:
In the hall, put the four chess pieces on the board. Arrange the chess pieces as seen on the TV screen. Please note: The arrangement of the game pieces might be different in your game.

You don't need to know anything about chess; you just need to replicate the pattern. I will try to find out whether or not you can skip this puzzle. Judging on what I am reading on the Big Fish forum about this puzzle, there were other folks that were having trouble figuring out what the chess pieces represented too.

If you haven't looked at it yet, the walkthrough is here.

I hope you can get some help with this. smile

EDIT: Hi, Ana! grin

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/16/13 02:24 PM

Maybe I'm overthinking this puzzle, but when I look at the journal, the pictures of the chess pieces look nothing like the pieces I have to place on the board. I'm pretty sure I know which is the bishop (?), but I can't tell which of the "crowns" in the journal is the king and which is the queen??

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/16/13 02:47 PM

Hi Mary, I'm not sure what the chess pieces look like in the game, but would this picture help as a reference?

chess pieces

From left to right, you have a pawn, rook, knight, bishop, queen, and king.

wave

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/18/13 02:22 AM

I've been away for the weekend and cleared my head of any and all chess pieces. I will give it another try this week. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/18/13 03:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Mary
I'm pretty sure I know which is the bishop (?), but I can't tell which of the "crowns" in the journal is the king and which is the queen??

If ***this*** is the kind of thing you're looking at, the spiky crown is the queen.

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/18/13 04:35 AM

I took the easy way out: I got my husband, the chess player, to help: I got the solution within 5 minutes. Whew! On to the rest of the game!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/18/13 04:42 AM

Have fun Mary!

Ana wave

Re: Mountain Crime: Requital - 03/18/13 05:36 AM

Husband to the rescue!! grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community