GB HOMEPAGE

Traipsing & Smoke !!

Posted By: Mad

Traipsing & Smoke !! - 04/08/13 03:45 AM

I don't know if I'm getting intolerant in my old age or what laugh but I feel the traipsing about in some Casuals is reaching ridiculously epic levels !!

The latest example of traipsing for me would be in Grim Tales : The Wishes, which I've just finished and which I felt was a good game in general.
BUT it was marred by constantly having to fetch a single item from miles away and having got back with it found I had to then immediately set off and fetch another single item from an another equally distant location rolleyes

If that's not "padding" I don't know what is !! shame

And then there's smoke ....

Most of the recent casuals I've played are still using smoke as a dramatic aid in the "appearing" or "disappearing" of entities or other such phenomenon. Even though it has certainly been seriously done to death by now.

Yep. I'm getting fed up of smoke, too !! duh
I know, I know, no one is twisting my arm to buy these games rotfl

Posted By: Marian

Re: Traipsing & Smoke !! - 04/08/13 03:55 AM

You aren't the only one who feels this way; that's why some developers have started to include a jump map that takes you from one location to another. It's nice to have that option. wave

Your shoes must be worn out, too. grin
Posted By: Mad

Re: Traipsing & Smoke !! - 04/09/13 02:58 AM

Thanks for that info Marian and I'll keep a lookout as I think I've only ever played one game with a "jump map" so far !! whistle
© 2024 GameBoomers Community