GB HOMEPAGE

Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 03:03 PM

You can download Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
You owe everything to Rene Malot, the man who found you as a child and raised you as his own. So when he goes missing, you're elected by the district to take his place, following in his footsteps as a doctor. On the way to your new job, a wolf attacks your carriage, forcing you to flee for shelter in a nearby village. Something here is very wrong, but the villagers aren’t talking. As you discover their secrets, you might discover something about the foster father whom you've loved so dearly. You'll need all of your wits to survive the long night in Shiver: Moonlit Grove, a chilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Replayable Hidden-Object puzzles
Downloadable wallpapers
Concept art and video gallery
Bonus chapter featuring an exciting epilogue!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 03:15 PM

Thanks, Ana. The developer is Artogon. I really liked the two previous games in this series (Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker and Shiver: Poltergeist) and am looking forward to trying out this game. wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 08:06 PM

Hi, Marian!

I'm downloading the demo right now. I played the previous 2 and enjoyed them very much, so I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Susan
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 09:10 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: thracia

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 10:34 PM

Loved the first one, hated the second one, where does this one fall? More like the first or second?

thracia
Posted By: kjos

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 11:06 PM

Really liked the game but 2 hrs. into the game I lost some of inventory items and the hint button quit working. Sent e-mail to BF. Nothing more I can do into the game.
Richard

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/02/13 11:22 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that, Richard. I'll keep an eye on the Big Fish forums about this issue. wave

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 12:28 AM

Sorry I made a mistake, confused I confused Shiver: Hitchhiker(which I did love) with Phantasmat: Crucible Creek (which I hated). So far I am liking this game a lot. All these Shiver games are very well made.

thracia

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 12:43 AM

I think the Shiver games are very well made, too. I'll be interested to hear how this game compares to the first two. smile
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 01:41 AM

I too Love them all Thank You for the info Bets its the type of game where Im playing in the dark and Im loving It!!!!! sending chills lolololol alot of them lolol
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 03:56 AM

I loved the first two of the Shiver series and this one is just as great, if not better. Really enjoyable!!!! thumbsup

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 04:01 AM

I think I'm going to love this game. smile

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 05:51 PM

Hi, Ana!

I played the demo but have been holding off buying just in case BFG had a CE sale this weekend. Since they didn't, I can't wait any longer ... unless you know something you'd like to share lol !

Susan
Posted By: lakecat

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/04/13 08:15 PM

BF is having a sale this weekend, Susie - 9.99 for CE's!

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 02:41 PM

Hi, Pam!

Thanks for the info. I'm more than happy to save myself $4 whenever I can grin .

Susan
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: lakecat
BF is having a sale this weekend, Susie - 9.99 for CE's!

Where is this sale advertised? I can't find it! headscratch

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 07:38 PM

I couldn't either Boobie, that is why I didn't post it. lol

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 07:49 PM

LOL - thought I was having yet another senior moment! grin

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 08:19 PM

There is a sale this weekend but it is exclusive to those who receive the Game Splash newsletter from Big Fish, so I am not going to provide information about it here. wave
Posted By: lakecat

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 08:24 PM

Forgive me everybody, didn't realize - my bad.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 08:27 PM

That's okay, Pam; I understand. wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/05/13 11:08 PM

Am playing the game. Cured the daughter, got locked up, and only the bullet and empty sack are in my inventory. Hint button doesn't help. Guide says use the "rod," to open the chest. I have no such item. I was really enjoying this, but this is ridiculous! Can't do anything.

Please help! Thanks.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 12:18 AM

Hi, Laurette!

Don't worry because you will never come to a dead end. Did you find the bar on the trap door? That's what you need to open the chest.

Have fun with the rest of the game. I just finished and enjoyed it very much.

Susan

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 12:27 AM

Thank you for your help, Susan. smile

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 08:49 AM

Very strange. I do subscribe to the newsletter, but I did not get an email about this CE sale.
Posted By: connie

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 11:16 AM

I didn't get the email either Rosaboobie and I also subscribe to the newsletter.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 02:52 PM

Not sure why neither of you received the newsletter when you both subscribe to it, unless it went to your spam folder. Email can behave oddly sometimes. duh wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 03:48 PM

Thanks, Susan. So far, I've found nothing. Keep getting told it's too dark. Have written BF for help, but will try again.

Found out what I was missing. I never use tutorials, so missed this one regarding the lamp. Am now proceeding. Thanks again.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 05:03 PM

Checked my mail Bin and re-read all recent newsletters, but nothing about the sale. I also check my Spam folder several times a day...... just one of those weird things, I guess.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/06/13 05:04 PM

Thank you, Susan, for your help; and Laurette, I'm glad you got past your stuck point. thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/07/13 10:58 AM

Watched the video and it looks like a good one!

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/07/13 04:21 PM

Hi, Laurette!

I'm glad you figured it out and were able to move on. I forgot all about the lamp a few times myself, so I can definitely relate lol !

Have fun with the rest of the game!

Susan
Posted By: PATSY

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 07:55 PM

Playing this game and have come to a halt. In the hidden object game where you have to put 2 rings on a hand, I can't get the ring from the snake & can't find a flute to put him to sleep. What am I not doing?

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 08:28 PM

Patsy, since it's a CE the guide is only available in the game so I can't look it up for you. Have you checked the guide to see if there is something you missed?

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 09:34 PM

yes, I did. eing in the ho game I can't see what to do. I knw in most games with cobra you put them to sleep with music.Its a very hard game to see,even with their light. It's a good game but I give up!!!! Thanks for trying to help

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 10:02 PM

If the guide was written by a BF writer the details for the HO scene should be detailed. If the developer wrote it it may not be that way.

Did you scroll down on the pages in the guide to see is anything is hidden?

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/13 01:43 AM

Thanks Ana! Finally figured it out. Just want to say, The snake did have to go first Thanks again.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/13 01:44 AM

I'm really glad to hear you got past your stuck point, Patsy! thumbsup

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/13 01:48 AM

Glad you able to get it!

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/13 05:36 PM

Absolutely loved this game!

thracia

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/19/13 05:50 PM

Good to know! happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/13 10:44 AM

I've just finished this and thought it was a really enjoyable game !! thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/20/13 02:28 PM

Playing now. It's a really great game! thumbsup
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/27/13 10:04 PM

HI kjos,
Have you heard back from BF yet? Playing this game and like you, about 2 hours into the game and I have encountered the exact same problems as you.

I went to the BF Forum and apparently a lot of people are running into this problem with NO Fix in site.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing and same thing happens after playing the game for awhile, even tried re-copying my Save game and profile from the 1st time around and still no go.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/27/13 10:09 PM

Starcom,I got a refund a while back.
Richard

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/27/13 10:18 PM

Ok, thanks for your quick reply.
So I take it you tried their tips and no go.

Well, I just sent an Email for a request for a refund, hopefully down the road the Developpers will come out with a Patch and I will then re-buy this game since I really enjoyed this one.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/27/13 10:42 PM

Tried everything no go.
Richard

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/31/13 09:52 PM

Just an update, even though BF offered me a Free game, I mentioned that I would retry the game under a Different Profile name and play the game making sure that “I do Not Feed the Wolf-Statue-Grinder my piece of Coal” and sure enough the game played smoothly all the way through without any further glitches, so hopefully this will help others play the game by avoiding this same mistake.

I also posted a comment on the BF Forum Technical Issues for those who had this specific problem that avoiding this Pitfall, there is a good chance they can finish the game successfully. Again, I hope the Devs of this game come up with a Patch for this issue.

Note: I am really happy that I replayed this game; it was very good and definitely replayable

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/31/13 10:11 PM

Thank you for that info, Starcom; I am going to take note of it for myself when I play the game, if the game has not been patched by then. wave
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/14 11:42 PM

Just finished Shiver: Moonlit Grove and enjoyed it a lot. The third Shiver that I've played, and I bought it because I also liked the first two. It is more like an adventure game than an HOG, although it has the requisite HOG scenes from time to time. It is intricate and thoughtful, lots of innovative uses of inventory, surprising twists of scene, getting captured and escaping, climbing, digging, swimming, building things, breaking down things, etc. It is not a cheery game, you are alone all the time, there is no underlying romance, etc. There is a sense of tension throughout, but not oppressive and you really aren't hurried (or timed). Pretty simple navigation, no mazes, even the mini-games are on the easy side (too easy).

Even though the story line involves werewolves, they aren't a big part of what is happening; just an excuse. So if you are tired of vampires, werewolves and the like, don't steer away from this game on that account. It isn't creepy at all. I played it on the Advanced level, so no sparkles and minimal hints available. Those things are seldom needed in casual games. I give it a big thumb's up for the genre. Oh, and I had no problems or glitches as were mentioned in this thread back in 2013. Maybe the game was "fixed" in the meantime?

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/14 11:48 PM

The first two Shiver games are a couple of my favorites. I haven't played Moonlit Grove but will look forward to it. I am hoping that we will see another entry in this series this year.

I'm glad you found another game that you enjoyed. smile

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/08/14 11:59 PM

Glad you had no troubles Reenie and enjoyed it!

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community