GB HOMEPAGE

Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/13 03:09 PM

You can download Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
The town of Willow Ridge has long lived under the everlasting night of the Dark Forest, protected only by the Great Lighthouse, which keeps the nightmarish trees at bay. Your husband Alan has been haunted by dreams of a ghostly woman becoming him, believing she has the answers to saving the town. As he goes to investigate, the lighthouse erupts into fire. Was it sabotaged from inside the town or a darker force? Your search for answers will uncover the history of your town and the Forest Rite that has been tradition for countless generations. Hold onto the light in Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest, a fantastic Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Achievements & collectible acorns
Downloadable wallpapers and soundtrack
Bonus mini-games and concept art gallery
Bonus game play chapter featuring an epilogue

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/13 03:18 PM

The developer is Mad Head Games, who also brought us Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show, which I remember as being a very good game.

I'm looking forward to trying this and hearing what other people think about it. wave
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/13 03:36 PM

Thank you, Ana! smile

Already played some of the trial and this is a great game!!!

Collect 34 acorns throughout the game. There are 4 levels of difficulty, one being custom. I find the HOPs to be fun. This is a definite buy for me. happydance
I just have to finish the present game I'm playing. woozy

I also enjoyed Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show and Chimeras: Tune of Revenge which are offered in the bundle sale.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/13 03:58 PM

Thanks Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/13 04:28 PM

Played 30 minutes of the demo. Game is terrific! I like everything about it. Graphics are excellent. I liked the other games so I kind of figured this would be a good one. thumbsup
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/16/13 06:11 PM

I see that this game has great reviews on BFG - 20 reviews with a 5 star rating. Looks great! wave thumbsup

Bernie happydance
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 01:58 AM

Just played the demo and I am sold. First CE in awhile that I am sure I want to purchase.
Jeanne

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 02:02 AM

Enjoy Jeanne!
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/18/13 04:14 PM

I finally finished playing my other game (Portal of Evil, which was excellent). Now, I'm starting off the weekend with Rite of Passage. I've been so eager to begin. happydance
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/24/13 05:46 AM

I agree with the comments from other members about this game re: It is a very good game, but I give it , as in another review, a 3.75 stars out of 5 because of 2 annoyances which I personally hope the Devs. make adjustments in the next game of the series if there is one: 1) When you are in an area where there is an *HO it plays an annoying music and continues to do so until you play the HO, this is all and well if one wants to tackle it right away, but if you have just finished one and wish to explore the new area first and do a puzzle before hand, you are distracted by this annoying sound that will not stop, no fun.
2) I have slight eye problems and the constant bright flashing screen while playing some of the mini games and in other areas or aspects of the game, are very hard on the eyes and I had to turn my head away often from the screen, and in some cases hit the solve button, not because the game was hard but just to get away from the flashes.

Is this game replayable despite its flaws, Yes, would I recommend this game = Yes.

*HOs and there are lots of them but again OK because they are varied, fun + a custom choice to make the hint system as low as 15 seconds for recharge = A-OK in my books.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 05/25/13 06:56 PM

A beautifully done game. Mad Head is doing some great work.
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 03:36 AM

Does anyone know if I am supposed to collect house #s. It mentions it in the guide but when I click on them nothing happens.

Kim

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 03:38 AM

ARe you playing the CE or the regular edition?

Which Rite of passage? Child of Forest?

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 03:46 AM

The CE

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 03:49 AM

Child of Forest?

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 03:59 AM

Oh sorry. redface Had a rough day today and forgot there were 2 games. Yes, Child of the forest

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 04:26 AM

I merged you with that game thread Kim. According to smitty's post you collect Acorns. Do you see any of those?

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 04:44 AM

Yes, I'm finding those but in the bonus locations part of the Sg there are house #s listed as collectibles. Maybe I'm reading this wrong cuz I lost my mind earlier today and maybe it hasn't come back yet crazy

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 04:52 AM

Ahh...I don't have the game so we'll have to wait for someone who has played to let us know. My brain cells are exhausted so I understand. lol

Re: Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 06/20/13 04:56 AM

Ok Ana, I say we both sleep on it and figure it out tommorrow sleep
© 2024 GameBoomers Community