GB HOMEPAGE

Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 02:12 PM

You can download Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition here.

Quote:

A mysterious figure in red… Something’s driven everyone away from Linden Shades. No one’s been back since that time of terror when the kids drew startling images of blood-red ghosts, and the police were no help. Your editor’s sure there’s a story hidden in the Shades. Can you get the truth, off the record?

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

The bonus game to uncover more secrets
Soundtracks, wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art
The integrated Strategy Guide

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 03:08 PM

Not sure about this one. Opening movie and intro are well done and good voice overs. Story also intriguing. Have only played a little of the demo and already get the idea that there will be a lot of HO scenes. Graphics in HO scenes and locations are a bit primitive in comparison to other recent CE offerings. None of these observations means that the game as a whole won't be worthwhile if gameplay and story are compelling. Anxious to hear what others think.

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 03:12 PM

I haven't tried this yet, but the developer is Eipix, who also brought us Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen and Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life. wave

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 03:15 PM

Thanks, Marian. Didn't recognize the developer. I did enjoy both of those games. Definitely makes me think twice.

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 03:16 PM

I am reading that there are a lot of hidden object scenes in this game, which of course can be good or bad depending on your preference. Let us know what you think. I'm going to download the demo now. wave
Posted By: smitty145

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 03:25 PM

Thank you, Marian!

Downloading the trial. Since there are a lot of HO Scenes I may put this one off for a while. I'll see.

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 03:37 PM

Now I'm thinking I may put this one on the back burner until standard version is released. crazy
Posted By: thracia

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 05:41 PM

Only tried for a few minutes, but I liked what I saw.I don't mind HO scenes.Plus, I got it on sale.

thracia

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 05:43 PM

Hard to go wrong when you can get the CE this weekend for only two dollars more than the price of an SE. smile
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 05:49 PM

For the price I am wondering how long the game is.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 06:03 PM

Thanks Marian. I've used the 'COLLECTOR' code to buy this and will follow-up with the latest 1000 Doors! wave thumbsup

Bernie happydance

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/08/13 06:08 PM

Sounds great, Bernie. Happy gaming! dance
Posted By: menahune

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/09/13 07:36 PM

another brilliant game from Eipix ... almost better than the game itself are the extras, particularly the 'making of' that shows us the staff at their workplace and as models for game characters... definitely worth buying the CE. The sale is still on today; and as Marian said, 'only $2 more than an SE

they have another game in progress, so I'll be watching for that one for sure.

Janice

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/09/13 07:37 PM

Thanks for all that info, Janice; it's appreciated. wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish - 06/09/13 11:00 PM

Hi, Janice!

Thanks for the glowing review! I picked this one up along with "House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame" in the sale. Now I have to limit myself to SEs for the rest of the month because I need to use up my punch card coupons.

Susan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community