GB HOMEPAGE

big fish game app

Posted By: family

big fish game app - 07/23/13 04:01 AM

did they change their game manager to an app. cool
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 04:06 AM

The BF App is for Iphone/Ipad and Android. The PC still uses a Game Manager.

Ana wave

EDIT: I was wrong. lol

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 04:08 AM

that is strange because i have the big fish game app, should i tell big fish, i am only using pc.

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 04:14 AM

Is everything working okay? Where do you see an app?
You could contact them and ask them what it is and if you need it. Maybe it's not needed.

Ana wave
Posted By: Starcom

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 05:16 AM

Hi,
It just an updated version of the Game Manager and they added 3 new features: Instant Games for one and I did notice they do give it the title "Big Fish Games App" somewhere along the line.
Most people will get this update soon, I got mine when I bought a game yesterday and the Game Manager Update took over first before installing my game.
Posted By: Marian

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 05:27 AM

Thank you, Starcom - you are correct. It is indeed an updated version of the Game Manager; I just received the new version as well. wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 12:58 PM

One thing the new one does is list the games you've already purchased -- at least it can do that if you're logged in.
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 01:53 PM

Hi Boomers!

I like the looks of the new Game Manager. Much cleaner interface and links to the left side of the window makes it easier to reach certain features.
Posted By: flutist

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 03:00 PM

Thanks Jenny, I didn't see that. I definitely like that feature. And you can list them in order of purchase. Cool.

Bets

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 10:25 PM

THere is info on it Here. Thanks all for your input!

Ana wave

Re: big fish game app - 07/23/13 11:07 PM

thank you very much.
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: big fish game app - 07/25/13 04:57 PM

I like how you do everything from the manager now, when you buy a game you don't have to go to the website, everything is right there.
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: big fish game app - 07/25/13 05:43 PM

Why did I get a "debug" on my desktop. There's nothing in it. Can it be deleted?

Re: big fish game app - 07/25/13 06:04 PM

Yes, you can delete it.

Ana wave

Re: big fish game app - 07/25/13 06:06 PM

Tammy, there's some info about this here; in particular, the second post from a BF mod. wave
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 05:00 PM

I do like the new Big Fish game manager update. Including my purchase history saves lots of time, I no longer have to go to the website and find it there. Also doesn't ask permission to install. Great ideas BF... thumbsup

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 05:16 PM

What I have noticed about the new GM that I like is the fact that if you have purchased two games during a BOGO sale, for instance, whereas before in your Purchase History it told you to install games from this order and both games began to download, with this GM each game can now be downloaded separately when you look at your Purchase History in the GM. It's a little thing, but it's a feature I really appreciate. wave
Posted By: bermag45

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 06:29 PM

I was hoping that the problem I have been having with BFG downloads would have been resolved with the new GM

My problem is this. When I purchase a game from BFG website I receive a narrow bar at the top of the page warning me of the download and asking if I wish to continue. Of course I do continue but once I click to do this another BFG page comes up merely stating "continue shopping". I then have to click on this "continue shopping" to take me back to the home page in order to click on my account, then click on purchase history then click on the game download of the game I have just ordered! It is only then that I can download the game. It is as if this "continue shopping" page is interrupting my access to download the game!

Never mind though - BFG is a truly excellent site in every other way.

Bernie wave

EDIT:Sorry, can't edit the above so am making another post.

Perhaps, when I have clicked through the purchase process (then the other page clicks in) I can bring up the game manager and my new game should be on there ready to be downloaded?

Bernie wave

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 07:04 PM

bermag, I combined the posts. The edit button is on the button of your post.

I do not have the new app installed so hopefully someone who does will be along shortly to answer you.

Ana wave

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 07:09 PM

Thanks Ana, I did click the edit but was unable to put anymore onto the original post (crikey, I am having probs - perhaps it's a senior thing lol) wave

Bernie happydance
Posted By: Flo NS

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 07:12 PM

Bernie,

Your problem is probably with your internet explorer. You should got to tools, internet options, security and click on trusted sites, then add bigfishgames.com

Re: big fish game app - 07/28/13 10:25 PM

Thanks Flo, I'll do this thumbsup wave

Bernie happydance
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: big fish game app - 07/29/13 02:36 PM

I previously posted that I like the new app. The one thing that is missing is the ability to click through to "get tips on the forum" when you log out of any particular game. Therefore, you have to go back to the game site to do this.

That is the only drawback of the app.

Re: big fish game app - 08/24/13 03:06 PM

I used to be able to pick as many games as I wanted to install and they would show in the Queue section. When one finished d/l and just stated to install, the next game would start to d/l, etc. Now, I can only install one game.

Re: big fish game app - 08/24/13 03:22 PM

Tammy, that is likely do to all the complaints of having them all sit in queue waiting to download. lol They can't win! smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: big fish game app - 08/24/13 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Tammy64
I used to be able to pick as many games as I wanted to install and they would show in the Queue section. When one finished d/l and just stated to install, the next game would start to d/l, etc. Now, I can only install one game.

That is what still always happens for me. And I like it that way thumbsup

[I wonder why nothing has changed for me, then woozy]
Posted By: lyrialice

Re: big fish game app - 08/25/13 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Tammy64

Just go to the Purchase History on the GMapp and add the games you want to download and you will have your queue
Posted By: MaG

Re: big fish game app - 08/25/13 01:55 PM

welcome and thanks lyrialice!

Re: big fish game app - 08/25/13 02:24 PM

Thanks so much lyrialice.

Re: big fish game app - 08/25/13 03:19 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, lyrialice.
Posted By: lyrialice

Re: big fish game app - 08/25/13 05:05 PM

It was a pleasure to help. Thank you for the Welcome