GB HOMEPAGE

Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/08/13 02:49 PM

You can download Nearwood Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Can a young woman single-handedly change the fate of a magical kingdom? Set out on a voyage with Jane Lockwood into a mysterious world of danger and adventure, into a whirlwind of magic and wonder! As you encounter a host of unusual and amusing creatures and help them in their troubles, you will inch closer and closer to your final goal – finding Jane's long-lost parents, all the while freeing the great and wise Time Keepers from the grip of oblivion. Find out why time came to a standstill, and drive the ancient evil out of Nearwood once and for all! Bring back peace and quiet to the land! Save Nearwood!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
An exciting bonus chapter!
Beautiful desktop wallpapers
Concept art
Soundtrack

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/08/13 03:12 PM

Thanks, Ana. The developer of this game is Magic Indie, whose other games include Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome, Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders, The Fool, and Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates. wave
Posted By: Tammy64

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/08/13 07:10 PM

Just finished the game. That was great!!

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/08/13 07:22 PM

I'm so glad you enjoyed the game, Tammy - thank you for letting us know. thumbsup wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/23/13 03:28 AM

I finished the game today and thought it was a "goodie" thumbsup

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/23/13 04:01 AM

Thanks for letting us know, Mad. I really like this developer's games; they offer great variety in subject matter and settings. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/24/13 02:09 AM

A visually beautiful game. Am enjoying very much. Highly recommend.

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/24/13 02:13 AM

Glad you like it too, Sparkle. woot
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 08/24/13 10:29 AM

Beautiful colorful game Ana!
Posted By: puzzler46

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 09/22/13 04:57 AM

I have already played this one twice - I love it broccoli
Kathy
happydance
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/20/14 06:07 AM

Didn't see a thread for it, so starting one. I'm just finishing it and it is just great. One of my favorites in the past few months. I'm not a big pixie/cutesy fan, so I had passed on it before. Well, I wish I'd played it in time to vote for it for one of the best Casual Games of 2013. Not a lot of HOG stuff to get in the way of a fun adventure, saving the world from entities who broke through the portal, as usual, but it is a charming environment, the graphics are beautiful, there is a sense of humor about it, and the Map function makes it easy to zip around. Oh and the mini-games are very diverting.

I do have a question for anyone who has played the game already. I'm at the end of the Bonus Game, and have to play a Match 3 game to beat the Boss. I'm familiar with how Match 3's work, but this one doesn't offer many matches, or even none at all. Seriously. Maybe one in the whole field, and once you play that one, you can't make another move. I'm a bit stumped by that. You can "refresh" the screen, but it costs you health points, and you can die from using up your health. (Besides, I tried that option and it didn't give me an improved playing position, anyway.) I've tried four games, and each time it presented me with the same lack of plays. I am not sure how one wins at this one?

It isn't a serious flaw because I don't really care, since it is the end of the game. Just curious.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/20/14 07:12 AM

It was posted on around last August/September. And I know that because I was one of those who posted lol

A game I enjoyed very much thumbsup
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/20/14 04:11 PM

Hi Reenie, I merged it with the Nearwood CE thread. Glad you are enjoying it!
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/20/14 07:34 PM

Thanks for bringing this game to my attention - I had bought it but not played it yet. Forgot I had it lol

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/20/14 07:41 PM

Funny, Boobie. grin
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/21/14 01:22 AM

Rosaboobie keeps beating me to the punch on what I want to say. blackkitty Thank you Reenie for telling me about this game. Never noticed it before but tried the demo and liked it. It's different from what I'm used to but I like it.

Sharon catrub
Posted By: Rosaboobie

Re: Nearwood Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 02/21/14 09:29 PM

Sorry Sharon, but great minds think alike eh?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community