GB HOMEPAGE

Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 12/09/13 04:02 PM

It's getting to be that time again to gather our favorites. I will be starting the list in January so you have a months notice to get your top twenty favorite casual games list together and play some games on your unplayed pile. I'm hoping this will be the biggest year yet, so please help me make it so! thanks

Ana penguin
Posted By: Marian

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 12/09/13 05:18 PM

Thanks, Ana. I am looking forward to seeing the lists and I will start thinking about what games to include: it will be tough to decide. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 12/10/13 02:36 AM

It will be tough for me, too !! I've played so many now that five minutes after I've finished one I've forgotten what it was like lol
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 12/15/13 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
It will be tough for me, too !! I've played so many now that five minutes after I've finished one I've forgotten what it was like lol

Same here Mad! I've had for some time a 'Favourite CG' folder on my desktop that also includes titles of games I've uninstalled - the trouble is I don't always remember to paste in titles I like also I look at the titles in there & can't remember a bean about most of the games! lol
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 01/15/14 03:08 AM

I will be awaiting the results eagerly, too! There are SO many HOG games out there and many are very simplistic. I don't find that type entertaining; they are just busy work. It would be daunting to wade through them all, looking for the few good ones.

I found the games recommended in the "Best Casual Games of 2013" to rise considerably above the rest of the HOG field. They included deliciously pesky mini-games, creative manipulation of HOG scenes (not just hunting for objects), actual story line, some decent voice characterizations, helpful maps, and more to them than just one HOG scene after another. Thanks to 'Boomers, I have begun to enjoy a genre I had previously dismissed.

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 01/15/14 03:37 AM

I was just getting it ready to post. I appreciate your post. It makes me feel like it's worthwhile. Thank you.

Ana wave
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 01/15/14 03:37 PM

I have already started to compile a list. Unfortunately, I have more than 20 games on it, so drastic decisions must be made!
Another great benefit of reading these lists each year, is you get an idea who shares your same taste in games, so when they comment
(positively or negatively) on a new game, I pay a little more attention.
Jeanne
Posted By: Marian

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 01/15/14 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanne
Another great benefit of reading these lists each year, is you get an idea who shares your same taste in games, so when they comment
(positively or negatively) on a new game, I pay a little more attention.
Jeanne

Good point, Jeanne. wave

Re: Get your Favorite Casual Games Lists Ready for January! - 01/15/14 05:03 PM

ditto what Marian said. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community