GB HOMEPAGE

Amazed at Big Fish

Posted By: meryl

Amazed at Big Fish - 12/14/13 09:40 AM

I played part of the demo of a game and decided to buy it. When I came to activate the full version it wouldn't install properly so I contacted BFG.
They took ages to reply, then sent a standard email saying they were having trouble dealing with things in their usual timescale. I wasn't concerned about waiting as I had other games to play.
Meanwhile my new computer arrived. The day after, I had an email from BFG giving me a coupon code for another game.
I decided to try downloading the original game on my new computer and it installed and played perfectly, so I told BFG that I wouldn't need the coupon code after all. I just had a reply from them saying to keep the coupon code as a thank you for taking the trouble to write and tell them.
I think they are a terrific bunch with a wonderful business ethos.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/14/13 11:39 AM

How nice meryl. Goes to show you being honest is the best policy!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/14/13 04:49 PM

Very nice, Meryl - thanks for telling us about this. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/14/13 05:08 PM

Customer Service just how it should be !! That's great, Meryl !! bravo
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/14/13 05:34 PM

Good to hear meryl!

Ana wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/14/13 08:00 PM

Good for Big Fish and even better news about the game working on your new computer!
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/17/13 05:48 AM

It is really good to hear that it worked out for you, Meryl. I had a less happy outcome. I've downloaded a couple dozen games from Big Fish over the years, all without any problems. Suddenly, one failed to download ("Mystery of the Ancients: Curse of the Black Water," purchased 10/19/13). I wrote to their customer service and got the brush-off, like it was my computer that was at fault, never mind that I had successfully downloaded six other games from that same purchase group. I finally gave up on getting it. In November, I purchased four more games from them with no problem at all.
Posted By: meryl

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/17/13 09:29 AM

I'm sorry and surprised to hear that, Reenie.
I've had several games over the years that haven't worked and I do suspect that some of this was as the result of my old computer and graphics card. Despite this, BFG always was polite , friendly and helpful and never pointed the finger at my computer.
I was always offered another game if their troubleshooting didn't work.

I suppose it might be just the luck of the draw as to which Customer Service operative you get. You may well have drawn Mrs Grumpy with a hangover that morning!
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Amazed at Big Fish - 12/17/13 06:07 PM

Yeah, that was my impression. ha ha Well, it was only $6 for the game, it was the only time it has ever happened, and there are plenty more games on offer. In a sense, it would have been a waste of time to go chasing after that $6, when you think about all the effort involved.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community