GB HOMEPAGE

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/14 02:24 PM

You can download Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher here.

Quote:

You and your colleague, Detective Dupin, have accepted an odd case at the ancient House of Usher – to find the twin sister of Roderick, who has vanished without a trace. As you delve deeper into the mystery, the connection between the twin’s malady and the old estate appears even more entwined. Why are townspeople disappearing? What secret is locked in the forbidden library? And can you and Dupin find the answers before more innocent victims are claimed?

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
Play the bonus game to uncover more mysteries
Use the available Strategy Guide
Earn Achievements
Purchase collectible items for your exam room
Get wallpapers, soundtracks, and concept art

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/14 03:19 PM

Thanks, Ana. This is the newest installment in the Dark Tales series by ERS. I'm looking forward to trying it. wave
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/14 07:03 PM

Thanks Ana. These are great games. I think that the one I enjoyed the most was 'The Black Cat'. wave thumbsup

Bernie monky
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/20/14 07:10 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/21/14 11:11 AM

Thanks Ana. Don't see much of a connection with the book.
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/22/14 04:46 PM

Another great series. Have enjoyed all of them.
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 02:11 AM

Hi, Ana!

I just finished playing this wonderful game, and the bonus chapter was over 3 hours long. Some of the puzzles were quite time-consuming, but I think that's gotta be a record.

You've gotta love the little mouse, who managed to keep himself entertained throughout the game by eating nuts and doing back flips lol .

I would definitely recommend this game because it is well worth the $13.99 price tag for BFG members and, if you can pick it up during a sale, even better.

Susan
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 02:15 AM

Awesome Susie! That sounds wonderful!

Ana wave

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 02:44 AM

Wow, that's a long bonus chapter! thumbsup
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 06:43 AM

All three of the screenshots show a watch down in the lower right-hand corner next to the hint button. Is any part of this game timed, or is that used just to show when the hint button has refreshed?

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Reg

All three of the screenshots show a watch down in the lower right-hand corner next to the hint button. Is any part of this game timed, or is that used just to show when the hint button has refreshed?

No part of the game is timed. wave

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 03:00 PM

Hi, Uncle Reg!

If you're talking about what looks like a clock in the lower right-hand corner beside the "Hint" button, that's not even in the game. Nothing is timed, and you can skip any of the puzzles.

I suggest that you download and play the demo to see if you think you'll enjoy it, and BFG has a sale on today so you'll be able to save yourself a few dollars.

Susan

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 07:55 PM

Hi, Marian!

Some of the puzzles took me forever to finish, but the bonus chapter is about twice as long as what we normally see. Just when I thought it was about to end, another location was revealed.

For me, this was one of the best games in the series.

Susan

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/26/14 08:18 PM

Thank you very much for all of that good information, Susan. smile
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 03/27/14 06:10 AM

Thanks for the info, Marian and Susan.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/01/14 08:47 PM

I'm playing the CE version of this game right now and am absolutely enjoying it !! Even though that dreaded "black smoke" is making another appearance lol

[Can't say it reminds me much of the actual Edgar Alan Poe tale but it is definitely an entertaining experience happydance]

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/01/14 08:49 PM

I'm glad you are enjoying the game, Mad, despite the ubiquitous smoke. laugh thumbsup
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/02/14 03:57 AM

I have enjoyed all the games in this series and this one is certaiinly continuning the tradition. Great game! bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community