GB HOMEPAGE

Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games

Posted By: Reenie

Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games - 04/06/14 01:08 AM

I usually go for the CE version because it has additional game play, but sometimes they don't. You just get screen savers or sound tracks or some such nonsense not worth paying extra to obtain. Is it correct to assume that, if the ad for the game does not explicitly mention bonus game play, it is not included? I am interested in "Final Cut: Encore," but it does not say there is any bonus play in the CE.

Oh, and the same applies to "Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story."
Posted By: Sherlock

Re: Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games - 04/06/14 01:36 AM

I don't recall ever playing a CE that didn't include at least one additional chapter. Both of the games you mention state that there is bonus game play, one is a prequel. I have played both of these games and found them to be enjoyable. grin
Posted By: Marian

Re: Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games - 04/06/14 01:44 AM

Sherlock is right - every Collector's Edition has at least one bonus chapter. I have played a few that had two bonus chapters. Most people, I believe, aren't going to pay extra for wallpapers and such, and the bonus chapter is one of the main selling points.

On the download page for Final Cut: Encore, it says: Step into your sister's shoes in the bonus game.

For Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story, the download page says: Bonus prequel chapter.

wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games - 04/06/14 03:20 PM

I recall that there have been a few CE's in which the bonus portion was integrated into the main game. In other words, the CE version was a bit longer than the standard version rather than having a separate bonus chapter. I don't remember which ones though.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games - 04/06/14 03:24 PM

One of the MCF Games did it and I believe a Drawn did it also.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Collector Series question vis-a-vis Big Fish games - 04/06/14 03:36 PM

I remember that Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend had an extra chapter in the middle of the game in the CE version. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community