GB HOMEPAGE

New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/19/14 03:08 PM

You can download New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
New York, 1955. It's become dangerous in the city. The mafia is trying to seize power. But recently, a new force appeared. A far more terrible force. Over the last few days, five mafia bosses have disappeared in mysterious circumstances. A strange liquid and a butterfly were found at the scenes of the disappearances. But this isn't what scared the citizens... Children started to disappear in the city. All of them drew exactly the same butterflies before they disappeared. This forced detectives and journalists alike to start their investigations.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:
A bonus chapter in the underground city
An integrated strategy guide
Collections, morphing objects, trophies, and bonus puzzles
Wallpapers, concept art, soundtracks and much more

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy Gaming,
Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/19/14 03:12 PM

Thanks, Ana. The developer of this game is 5 BN, who also brought us the House of 1000 Doors games and, most recently, Lost Lands: Dark Overlord. This looks like it could be fun. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/20/14 10:23 AM

I love the House of 1000 Doors games. I will check this one out.
Posted By: joanieS

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/20/14 01:14 PM

Oh my gosh! I NEVER buy collector's editions....too cheap. This one? I am sorely tempted to loosen the purse strings.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/20/14 07:40 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/27/14 07:55 PM

An excellent game. Graphics and animation are superb. The story drives the game, making it compelling. Have to admit that I'm glad for the interactive map since there are lots of locations and some backtracking. Highly recommend, especially with this weekend's sale.

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/27/14 08:11 PM

I picked this game up during a sale and I thought it was really good. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Sparkle. wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/27/14 09:53 PM

Glad you are enjoying it!
Posted By: Reenie

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/29/14 09:31 PM

I just finished it and enjoyed it more than many other recent HOG-type adventures. Clear, clean graphics, a variety of puzzles and mini-games (none hard enough, but that is just me), an interactive Map, and you can dial in your level of difficulty far more than just clicking Easy, Standard or Expert. The "story" is based on the usual Missing Persons/Eerie Event premise, but this cliché doesn't detract because it has no real influence on the plot other than to generate a reason to search around and solve problems. No one jumps out at you or threatens you, nothing is timed, and no sense of doom colors the mood in spite of the kidnappings and disappearances.

It has quite a few varied environments, indoor and outdoor, with their own sorts of inventory challenges. Everything pretty 1-2-3 easy for the most part. (I think I am going to have to replay this game in the "Hurt Me!" mode, to make it more challenging.) No bizarre mind twists on how to use various pieces of inventory. LOTS of backtracking, but as has been noted already, the Map allows you to quickly do that backtracking without tedium.

I am about to start the Bonus game, and am pretty happy with my expenditure for this one. The game lasts a satisfyingly long time, although it does become slightly repetitive in terms of how to approach each new scene. At least as good a value for your money as going to see a current Hollywood film, and that is about what the game cost in the Two-for-One sale.

Re: New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia Collector's Edition - New IHOG on BigFish - 04/29/14 10:57 PM

I agree that it was a very good game, Reenie. Thanks for all the info about the game, which will be very helpful for other casual game players. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community