GB HOMEPAGE

Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 03:53 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Parallels Cross here.

Quote:
Your son is lost in a deserted mansion. To find him you must unveil the secrets of a deserted boarding school.

Discover the surreal experiments that took all of the mansion dwellers to another place. Can you save your son from being a prisoner of the void?

Delve into a mysterious atmosphere
Solve unique puzzles
Enjoy beautiful and realistic graphics
Adjustable game difficulties

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 04:25 PM

Thanks, Marian.

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 04:48 PM

Thanks Marian, I find I play more casual games on my surface pro... going to put this on my want list.
penguin

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 04:58 PM

Someone please correct me if you find any hidden object scenes in this game - based on my reading about it, it sounds like there aren't any. wave
Posted By: dorish

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 05:30 PM

I just finished this excellent game, and there are no hidden object scenes. It is all search, discover and inventory based.

Doreen

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 05:49 PM

Thanks, Doreen. I appreciate the info very much. I will definitely be taking a look at it. wave
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 07:24 PM

Doreen: One of the posters on BFG forum said that there's no Skip option for puzzles/mini-games. Can you confirm?

ETA: I started the demo and chose "Normal" mode which is supposed to allow for skipping mini-games. ???
Posted By: dorish

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 07:40 PM

I played in the mid range of difficulty where there are hints and skips which recharge slowly. the no skip one is the hardest level. On that level the hints and skips, to my mind, didn't take that long.

Doreen

Yes I played the whole game on NORMAL mode
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/18/16 07:53 PM

Thank you, Doreen. Works for me. Think I'll pick it up.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/19/16 12:18 PM

Looks like a fantastic game. Thanks Marian.
Posted By: 8dognight

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/19/16 08:10 PM

I used a credit to get this one. Nary an HO screen so far. I noticed there was no lip sync to written dialog in the opening which doesn't bother me if the game is any good. I usually turn the sound way down anyway to avoid the typical ridiculously melodramatic music as well as any screeching and shrieks of "Hurry." Now I think I will cautiously turn the sound up and see if there is any because despite the plot (boy missing with adult female following) Parallels Cross is looking promising.

I keep hoping that casual game developers will take a lesson from Mikael Nyquist and pay some attention to the importance of background music. I only play without sound when the music and other sounds are unendurable, a failing all too often encountered.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/20/16 03:56 PM

This one seems to be a straight adventure game, has a coded lock I have yet to figure out, very acceptable music, and a mystery to solve. Good game, sci-fi/paranormal theme, and no pinks, blues, and lavenders and no black smoke. While I have not finished the game, I am going out on a limb and saying Parallels Cross is a winner.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/20/16 04:05 PM

Thanks for your thoughts on the game, 8dognight. I'm happy you are enjoying it. wave
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/20/16 05:09 PM

Does anybody know of a w/t for this game? All I could find were two parts on Utube. I keep getting stuck on several puzzles, use the hint, and it only highlights where I already am. Beginning to think I'm not that smart!

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/20/16 05:53 PM

Other than YouTube, I'm not finding anything, Laurette. The Big Fish forum seems pretty active at this time, though, so maybe someone could help you out there. We also have a few players here who might be able to help. wave

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/20/16 06:08 PM

Thanks, Marian.Went to that website and accomplished a couple of things. However, am stuck in the room with the generator panel. Have inserted "cartridge," turned it on and off, nothing happens. Hint keeps pointing to the same device. If anybody knows about this, please help!

Have also posted on BF forum.

Thanks.

Someone was nice enough to help me out with this part on the BF forum.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 01/23/16 09:56 PM

I was stuck at the same point until I read the posts on the BF forum. I am pretty sure I would have abandoned this game without figuring out what amounted to a bit of ultra logical game mechanics.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 02/02/16 06:18 PM

I am now stuck at the zylophone sp? puzzle. They don't give any instructions. Thanks for any help.

Looked at the diary (duh) and figured it out. Finally finished the game.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 02/02/16 06:23 PM

I hope another player can help.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 02/02/16 08:16 PM

Marian: I edited my comment - second sentence. Thanks.

Re: Parallels Cross - New Adventure Lite/Puzzle on Big Fish - 02/02/16 08:18 PM

I'm glad you were able to finish the game. thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community