GB HOMEPAGE

Shutter Island

Posted By: kazzmo

Shutter Island - 05/10/16 02:19 AM

I want to replay this game, but I can not get the door closed at the beginning. I forgot how to combine the rod and the twine so I can close door. Does anyone here remember how to combine inventory items in this game.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 02:51 AM

According the post here you don't need to. Just use them on the door.

Ana luck

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 04:39 AM

BrownEyedTigre, Thank you, for some reason I thought they had to be combined.

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 03:12 PM

Hope that worked and you can keep going.

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 05:44 PM

I just went to BigFish to look at this game - I liked the title lol - but got the message it was "no longer available or hadn't been released yet" frown

Is it an oldie then ??
Posted By: Marian

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 05:50 PM

Mad, if I remember correctly, this game was released on Big Fish in approximately late 2009/early 2010. It looks to me like it has since been removed from the Big Fish catalogue. Anyone who had purchased it previous to that would still have the game in their Purchase History.

The game was based on the book/movie of the same name. The book is by Dennis Lehane, I believe. wave

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 05:54 PM

That was fast !!!! Thanks, Marian lol

Yes, I know the film, that's why I went to look for the game. Guess I'm more than a few years too late, darn it taz

EDIT :

I found several sites ******* where the game is available (for free) but don't know if any are "download safe".

Does anyone else know ??

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 06:08 PM

Nope Mad! It has been removed as a download legally all over. You can however get a DVD here.

Ana wave

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 07:11 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! I WAS able to get it from Amazon - the UK site happydance

[And thanks for editing out the page link I gave - seeing as it's now illegal to download
anywhere - which I didn't know shocked]

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 07:19 PM

joy Excellent!

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 07:38 PM

Yes !! Just how I feel lol joy2 Thanks again smile

Re: Shutter Island - 05/10/16 10:58 PM

Yes, it worked perfectly. It's been so long I had forgotten. Mad, glad you were able to find the game.

Re: Shutter Island - 05/11/16 02:10 PM

Yes. I was very happy to find it, Kazzmo, and if I need hints when I come to play it, guess who I'll be asking !! lol

Re: Shutter Island - 05/12/16 07:44 PM

Well, the game arrived today but it requires "Flash Player 10 Active X" - which Norton immediately removes - so I've gone to the Glitches Board for some advice yes

Re: Shutter Island - 05/12/16 08:43 PM

Hope you can get it resolved Mad.

Ana wave

Re: Shutter Island - 05/13/16 07:32 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre grin

Re: Shutter Island - 05/14/16 06:43 PM

Resolved !! Yahoo !! Thanks to Jenny100 and oldbroad joy2

Re: Shutter Island - 05/14/16 06:49 PM

Great! joy

Re: Shutter Island - 05/14/16 09:49 PM

Wonderful!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Shutter Island - 05/14/16 10:38 PM

Mad - I did have the game quit working on me and kick me to the desktop after playing straight for 2-2/1 hours. Waited a bit, went back in, and all is well again (so far).

Re: Shutter Island - 05/15/16 03:26 AM

What ???? eek
Don't go scaring me with stories like that, oldbroad scared

snicker snicker snicker

Re: Shutter Island - 05/15/16 05:33 AM

I finished the game without further incident. I would like to hear your take on the game when you finish it.

Re: Shutter Island - 05/15/16 06:17 PM

I'll be sure to post about it, oldbroad, but it won't be that soon that I do as I have several games on the go at once (as usual) and speed is not my forte laugh

Re: Shutter Island - 05/17/16 08:14 PM

Well, I almost made it to the end but eventually all the ridiculously small hidden objects, that were so time consumingly difficult to find, just GOT to me and it became a case of giving up on the game or losing my eyesight !!!! rolleyes

I did enjoy the story bits though laugh

Re: Shutter Island - 05/17/16 08:34 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Mad. I only played the demo of this game years ago, but I do remember that there were lots of hidden object scenes - which was pretty much the norm at that time. wave

Re: Shutter Island - 05/17/16 09:13 PM

I didn't so much mind the number of hidden object scenes, Marian, it was the miniscule size of the objects therein that in the end spoiled it for me hardwall

Re: Shutter Island - 05/17/16 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
I didn't so much mind the number of hidden object scenes, Marian, it was the miniscule size of the objects therein that in the end spoiled it for me hardwall

Miniscule and/or too dark to see - both wear me down. I understand. yes

Re: Shutter Island - 05/18/16 01:52 AM

So you are not going to finish it Mad? You can use the flashlight hint button to find stuff. I used it once by accident thinking it was going to lighten up the screen.

I was actually disappointed with the ending of the game. I never watched the movie though I do have it but I read the book which I liked but don't remember much about. While playing the game it was bringing the book back to me and I liked that and think it helped me to enjoy the game. However, just when I thought I was getting to the meat of the story, all of a sudden the game was over. It was a short game with a very abrupt ending in my opinion and felt unfinished.

Re: Shutter Island - 05/18/16 04:23 AM

Hi smile

No, I won't be going back to finish the game, oldbroad, but I did get pretty close to the end anyway yes

AS for the flashlight ??
I used it quite a lot because I just couldn't find some of those tiny, tiny objects. They were so incredibly small laugh

I actually saw the film itself a long while ago - and - I already knew about the abrupt ending for the game. According to what I've read on-line, the ending was like that "on purpose" so as not to reveal it to people who hadn't yet seen the film.

Cheers.

Mad wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community