GB HOMEPAGE

Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 03:15 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Mad Head Games, creators of the innovative Rite of Passage and Nevertales brands, brings you a rockin' new thriller in the Cadenza series!

It's the height of the Fabulous Fifties in your hometown of Las Vegas, and life is good! Rock n' roll is king, and you're the new king of rock n' roll. You’re on top of the world! But you come tumbling down hard when a stranger crashes your concert and swaps places with you. Trapped in a strange body, wanted for murder, and on the run from the police, you're in a race against time to get your life back before the clock runs out! Can you reclaim your rock n' roll throne, or will this be your final encore? Find out in this hip hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Discover who really belongs in the Mike Valance fan club in the bonus chapter!
Earn a variety of unique achievements.
Feeling stuck? The comprehensive strategy guide will be music to your ears.
Includes bonus treasure hunt, ultimate HOP, wallpapers, concept art, and more!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! hamster
Posted By: TLC

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 04:05 PM

Marian, What does HOPA mean? Thanks. wavegirl

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 04:08 PM

It means hidden-object puzzle adventure, TLC. wave
Posted By: TLC

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 04:08 PM

Oh ok, Thanks Marian. wavegirl

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 04:10 PM

I am glad you asked the question. I have been calling these games IHOGs (interactive hidden object games) but decided to switch to the HOPA acronym as it is more commonly used now as a way of describing them. smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 05:15 PM

Thanks Marian! redchicken
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/17 05:24 PM

Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/05/17 12:19 AM

Thanks, Marian and thanks to your super quick on the ball updates we are able to take advantage of this week-end buy one get one free collectors edition sale.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/05/17 12:37 AM

You are most welcome! smile
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/06/17 09:05 AM

Just finished this game, very good, love the Nostalgia and this is I believe the first time that I actually liked the Bonus Chapter much more than the Main Game, really made the Bonus chapter interesting to play with the 2..... oops, no spoilers.. sorry.
Posted By: ramona

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/07/17 05:38 AM

it's been awhile since I have played Hidden Objects because got tired of the paranormal themes but I love the Cadenza series so downloading.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/07/17 05:57 AM

Thank you for the comments on the game, Starcom. thumbsup

Good to see you, ramona - I hope you enjoy the game. smile
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/10/17 04:14 AM

The first two in this series were original and fun to play. I will take a look at the Trial Game for this one! Thx.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/10/17 05:51 AM

I hope you like it, Reenie. smile

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/14/17 11:00 PM

I just finished this game. It is another original from the series, the third one I've played. I thought the game was a bit shorter than usual, and although the Bonus Game was interesting, it had nothing to do with the main chapter, so that was a bit odd. I hope they work a bit more on the length of these games and the difficulty of the mini-games, because their concepts are unique and some of the things you have to figure out are not as simplistic and clichéd as so many others of this game genre. No vampires, no curses, and nary a gnome or dragon or witch or talking cat to be found. It was nice to be in a CONTEMPORARY world, too, instead of off in some neverland.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/14/17 11:21 PM

Thank you for the mini-review, Reenie. thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/17/17 12:36 AM

Like the Cadenza games. woot

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/17/17 03:27 PM

I hope you enjoy the game, Gail. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/20/17 10:02 PM

Seems like this series is very popular !! yes

Have to go take a look-see lol

Despite already having more than enough as yet un-played Big Fish games in my collection shame
Posted By: ramona

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/21/17 01:31 AM

Reenie,I totally agree with your review. This series has some really interesting mini games and takes on HOPs. I think the mini game was supposed to be related because of the trap laid. The voice acting was cheesy.

I liked it and it was a nice break to same old same old themes that I have seen lately with HO games. I would definitely recommend it.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/21/17 01:39 AM

Thank you for your thoughts about the game, ramona. wave

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/23/17 05:58 PM

I went and bought the "Cadenza" series in yesterday's One Day Sale shame

Shocking !! lol

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/23/17 08:30 PM

Yay, Mad! bravo grin

I think you will find them to be a refreshing change of pace. wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/23/17 09:05 PM

Hi, Mad!

The Cadenza series is one of my favorites, so I think you'll be glad you took advantage of yesterday's sale. I've played all of them at least twice, and some even more. When you come up for air, let us know how you're enjoying them lol !

Have fun!

Susan
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 04:07 PM

Love the Cadenza series and agree with Reenie's thoughts. I did like the bonus game quite a lot though - I thought it fit in nicely with the main game. I did get extremely aggravated with having to wait for FIVE popups to appear at the end of each HO screen telling me what achievements I had. Made me want to scream at times - just let me get on with the game, for crying out loud!!

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 04:08 PM

Love the Cadenza series and agree with Reenie's thoughts. I did like the bonus game quite a lot though - I thought it fit in nicely with the main game. I did get extremely aggravated with having to wait for FIVE popups to appear at the end of each HOP screen telling me what achievements I had. Made me want to scream at times - just let me get on with the game, for crying out loud!!

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 04:54 PM

I agree, those endless "Congratulations" were something that got aggravating FAST.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 05:01 PM

I have seen a few games now where there's an option to turn off notifications/announcements, and it would be great if this trend continues.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I did get extremely aggravated with having to wait for FIVE popups to appear at the end of each HO screen telling me what achievements I had. Made me want to scream at times - just let me get on with the game, for crying out loud!!

Thanks for the warning. I'm so sick of those sort of interruptions -- makes the game an automatic no-buy for me.

I've yet to see anything in "customized" options that allows you to turn off those stupid annoying "congratulations" every time you click.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 06:05 PM

Hi Susie07 smile

I might not be "up for air" for quite a while as I have many un-played Big Fish games already - which I should play first !! lol

And I see I'll have to do my best not to be driven mad with all the "achievement" stuff.
[Like so many others I could very well manage without any of it mad]

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 10:25 PM

Hi, Mad!

Even though it doesn't make a difference which order you play the games in, the first one in the series is "Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death", so I'd start with that one.

I've finally gone through my stash of games, so I'm waiting for a good sale so I can pick up the new Mystery Case Files game.

Susan

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/24/17 10:32 PM

Hopefully the weekend will bring a good sale. smile

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/25/17 02:13 AM

Hi, Marian!

Normally, the Wednesday discount code rolls over to Thursday, but I guess BF was losing too much money because I tried it first thing yesterday morning and it had expired grin . I do have 1 Game Club Credit so, if this weekend's sale is disappointing, I'll buy 1 more and then pick the new MCF up.

Susan

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/25/17 02:20 AM

Sounds like a nice plan. Have a good weekend! smile

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/25/17 03:16 AM

Hi, Marian!

You have a nice weekend too. It's supposed to rain here all weekend so I'll have something to keep me occupied for a few hours lol !

Susan

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/25/17 05:13 AM

I checked and I couldn't find an option to turn off those horrid interruptions.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/25/17 05:32 AM

Yeah. But the games are increasingly adding Options of choice at the beginning. I'm hoping they eventually will offer that one. It really irritated me. It broke the action every time.

Re: Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/25/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Susie07
Hi, Mad!

Even though it doesn't make a difference which order you play the games in, the first one in the series is "Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death", so I'd start with that one.

Susan

Thanks for the tip, Susie07 laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community