GB HOMEPAGE

The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/27/17 03:32 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download The Spell here.

Quote:
Evil manifests in many forms and appears when you are least prepared!

While seeking shelter from a dark and violent storm, two people stumble upon an obscured old house nestled in the blackest recesses of an overgrown forest. Desperate to get out of the rain, the two approach to seek temporary shelter. Soon, the pair becomes aware of sinister forces at work in the house and its mysterious owner. They become trapped. To escape they'll have to collect different components, make magic potions and use supernatural abilities to fight back against dark magic, rescue people imprisoned in the house and defeat the evil witch!

Cleverly crafted hidden object scenes
Bonus levels with increased difficulty
Beautiful graphics
7 useful super abilities
96 levels (with a bonus)

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! witch
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/27/17 04:47 PM

Thanks, Marian!
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/28/17 07:03 AM

Thanks, Marian. Sounded really good and I took a peek. But it has "timed" content so I had to leave it.
I am hopeless with timed hidden object searches eek

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/28/17 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Thanks, Marian. Sounded really good and I took a peek. But it has "timed" content so I had to leave it.
I am hopeless with timed hidden object searches eek

Too bad - that is going to limit the audience with that design decision. But thanks for letting us know. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/10/17 06:03 AM

This game was brutal in my opinion. I have not played a timed match 3 game before and I hope I don't ever feel like playing this one again! lol

I finally beat it tonight after playing almost every day since the beginning of June. There are 30 bonus rounds. Number 30 about killed me. My arm and neck have been sore for a month trying to complete this round.

Whew.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/10/17 01:37 PM

Wow - I had no idea you were still playing this. I see you are just as persistent with match-3 games as you are with adventure games. Congratulations on finishing! bravo

My favorite timed match-3 game is Caribbean Hideaway, but it's best we don't talk about that. lol

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/10/17 05:27 PM

Hm. 100 timed levels. I may have to try this game. I know you mentioned it before but I didn't look at it until now. I do like pirate themes for some reason. pirate

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/10/17 06:00 PM

It starts out in a relatively serene way, but the last 15 levels or so are absolutely brutal. The Big Fish forum is filled with people upset that they are unable to finish the game.

And that's my final warning. I have played and finished it about 4 or 5 times now, just to prove to myself that I didn't win through some fluke. laugh

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/10/17 06:51 PM

A fluke is fine with me! wink

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/11/17 01:59 AM

A fluke ??

I think MY fluke in those circumstances would be the avoidance of a nervous breakdown lol

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/11/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
A fluke ??

I think MY fluke in those circumstances would be the avoidance of a nervous breakdown lol

But it's a "fun" nervous breakdown! lol

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 09/11/17 03:35 AM

Now there's a thought to contend with !! wink

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/30/18 11:06 PM

I've been replaying this game and enjoying it much more this time around now that I have a bit more experience at it. lol

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/30/18 11:12 PM

That's great. And what with having finished Caribbean Hideaway, you can pretty much take on any match-3 game now. yes

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/30/18 11:43 PM

I can't ever tell by looking at them if I would like them or not though. Most of them don't look that good. duh

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/30/18 11:57 PM

It's not always easy for me to tell whether they are good or not. Unlike HOPAs, I usually try the demo first with match-3 games. Another good timed one is Cradle of Rome, if you haven't tried that already.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 03/31/18 02:56 AM

I have not tried Cradle of Rome. I'll look into it. Thanks Marian.

And yes, I can see where a demo would be good for these games. Might have to look into doing that also.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 04/06/18 11:25 PM

Oldbroad, I just thought of three match-3 games that provide some interesting variations (all by the same developer):

MatchVentures
Silver Tale
Runefall

I've been playing MatchVentures today. You might want to check out one or more of these, if you haven't already.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 04/07/18 01:53 AM

I will check them out Marian. Thank you very much. I totally trust your judgment on these Match 3's.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 04/07/18 02:06 AM

You are welcome. There are so many match-3 games that it's pretty easy to overlook some of the really good ones.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/02/18 09:00 PM

Finally finished last night Marian so after a Match 3 rest, I will start one of the ones you recommended.

happydance

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/02/18 09:03 PM

Congrats on finishing. thumbsup

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/04/18 04:36 AM

Well, now I am playing The Spell. Yes, I guess I am just a sucker for punishment. grin

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/04/18 04:42 AM

Have fun Marian. The level I had the most problem with is the last one of the regular game and then the last one of the bonus level but that one wasn't quite as bad.

It's not as nice of a game as Caribbean Hideaway but I still enjoyed it. I hope you will also! Keep me posted. cat

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/04/18 08:07 PM

I'm moving along nicely. I was too tired last night to play a HOPA so played this for a couple of hours instead. So far, so good. smile

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/04/18 08:09 PM

broccoli

Good - Hope it stays that way!!

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/06/18 06:34 AM

Still playing Marian?

I started Cradle of Rome tonight. I'm up to Level 30. I did have to replay 10 and 20 one time each. I'm blaming it on the learning curve. lol

It' a pretty good game.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/06/18 02:37 PM

Yes, I'm still playing. yes

You are making very nice progress on Cradle of Rome. smile

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/07/18 12:46 AM

OMG Marian! What did you do to me??

I started playing Cradle of Rome around 12:30 and all of a sudden it is 6:45!!!

I'm through Level 58 now. 55 gave me the most trouble so far. Played it 4 or 5 times before I beat it.

I like this game quite a lot. It's easier than Caribbean Hideaway but I like the boards and it's fun.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/07/18 01:08 AM

I'm glad you like it. I think it's definitely one of the better ones.

It's amazing the way the time can just fly by with this kind of game, isn't it?

Oh, and and here's another one to add to your list. There were many posters here who were hooked on this game years ago. laugh

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/07/18 02:53 AM

Thank you Marian! smile

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/07/18 11:47 AM

Marian - It's 5:45 am and I have not yet been to bed. This is all your fault!!!

I finished the main part of the game but am not starting the bonus part until I get some sleep. I had 2 lives left. If you run out of lives do you have to start the game over?

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/07/18 02:24 PM

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you didn't go to bed. lol

It's been so long since I played the game that I don't remember for sure about losing all our lives, but I think you might have to start over. I'll see if I can find confirmation on this.

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/07/18 07:01 PM

Seems like you would, otherwise why have that? Whenever I had to replay a level my lives decreased.

No need to look it up Marian, just wondered if you knew offhand. I will probably find out the hard way some day!

I probably should have just stayed up!

wave2

Re: The Spell - New Match 3 on Big Fish - 05/08/18 07:31 AM

Totally finished! I should not have played it non stop though!

I did run out of lives on the 5th or 6th level of the bonus Olympus round and had to replay those levels. Told you I would find out the hard way. woozy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community