GB HOMEPAGE

Returner 77

Posted By: colpet

Returner 77 - 10/25/17 06:32 PM

Is anyone playing this new game yet? It is for iPad. The early buzz sounds pretty good for us puzzle lovers.
Returner 77
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Returner 77 - 10/25/17 08:48 PM

I don't play these on my phone or Ipad but thanks for sharing! There is mention of "seek and find" and other elements of casual, so I moved you here.

Ana wave

Re: Returner 77 - 02/16/18 03:24 AM

I have just finished this game. I played it on my iPad.
As far as I am concerned, this game is an an exploration puzzle adventure game. There are no HOS, and no achievements. You are sent to explore an alien space ship, and the story unfolds through FMV video recordings that your predecessor has left throughout the ship. The alien race is based on crystals, and the enviroment is richly detailed and very atmospheric. Movement is node based and then you can swipe around for a 360 degree visual of a stunningly detailed environment. My only pet peeve is that you cannot backtrack once you have completed a section, and you are limited as to where you can go. This is a puzzle game, with most of the challenges involving getting doors to open and strange machinery to work. I played without hints, and found most of the puzzles fun and intuitive. It was a fairly short game, about 3-5 hours (estimate) or so, but with more to come by the looks of how it ended.
If you have a tablet give this one a go, if only for the beautiful scenery and boat ride on an alien river system. Don’t forget to look up.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Returner 77 - 02/16/18 05:54 AM

Thanks. colpet! Glad you enjoyed it!

Ana wave

Re: Returner 77 - 02/16/18 01:14 PM

The final level of this game was released today. Also, I was mistaken, this game is available for the PC, and has been released at Steam.
Here are some screenshots and a trailer at the developer’s site:
Returner 77
And here is the Steam link:
Returner 77 on Steam
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Returner 77 - 02/16/18 06:51 PM

I have wish listed this on Steam.
Thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Returner 77 - 02/22/18 11:12 PM

I bought this game this last weekend. I played it and loved it, but was stuck with the "Is that it?" ending. I got a blurb that said more of it is coming later this year, but someone referred to this version as "The Final level." Is there very little game after "Chapter 5; The Den" or have I missed something?

Re: Returner 77 - 02/23/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: The Haze
I bought this game this last weekend. I played it and loved it, but was stuck with the "Is that it?" ending. I got a blurb that said more of it is coming later this year, but someone referred to this version as "The Final level." Is there very little game after "Chapter 5; The Den" or have I missed something?

When I downloaded the updated app, it was called the final level. But when I open the game, there looks to be another section that is currently locked, so I suspect there will be more to come. Sorry for the confusion.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Returner 77 - 02/23/18 04:27 AM

No apology needed. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and was just a bit stunned at the ending. Thanks for the information.

Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Returner 77 - 04/19/18 07:27 PM

I have just finished this game and agree with Colpet that it isn't a Casual but a First Person Puzzle adventure game. The game isn't too difficult, linear and not very long. I found the puzzles to be on the easy to medium difficulty side but I am fairly good at these type puzzles or what I call games. I played on my PC had no problems and there is for sure a Part 2 as the game ended with a message that read that the mission will conclude later in 2018.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Returner 77 - 04/19/18 09:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Colpet. It does look like fun.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community