GB HOMEPAGE

Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish - 12/24/17 03:39 PM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient here.

To view the comments and access the link to the Collector's Edition, click here.

Quote:
EleFun Games proudly presents a brand-new adventure in their best-selling Witches’ Legacy series!

Thousands of years ago, the Ancient Ones defeated a demon that had conquered the world, but you were the only one that survived the battle. After centuries, you’re awakened from your eternal slumber to discover that Ezar is now attacking the world of the future. Team up with Jack and Anabel to stop Ezar and save the future, before the world is overrun by the dark creatures of the Other World! Survive and explore a fallen city to unlock an ancient secret in this epic hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Check out our Blog Walkthrough.

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! reindeer
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish - 12/24/17 04:55 PM

Thanks, Marian.

Ana wave12
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish - 12/30/17 08:12 PM

Downloading now. Games in this series are uneven in quality, with half being good and the other half being mundane and too easy. Definitely will play the Trial Game, to see which category this game falls into before I buy it. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish - 12/30/17 09:52 PM

You're welcome. smile12
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish - 12/31/17 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Reenie
Downloading now. Games in this series are uneven in quality, with half being good and the other half being mundane and too easy. Definitely will play the Trial Game, to see which category this game falls into before I buy it.

So what did you think of it?
Worth a try? or one of those "uneven" ones.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Witches' Legacy: Rise of the Ancient - New HOPA on Big Fish - 12/31/17 07:57 PM

I did download and play the first two Chapters that constitute the Trial Game. I found it appealing enough to buy it while the 50% off sale is in effect (ends at midnight). It is the usual trope of you being the only one who can save the world from a marauding evil entity. I haven't continued playing beyond the Demo because I have been ill through most of Christmas.

It is not a challenging game: 1) None of the mini-games is really "puzzling;" 2) When you have to brew a magic potion, the directions are laughably spelled out; 3) If you need a key, it is sitting right there; etc. But for half price, it is worth it. Decent graphics and voice acting, a few twists on the HO scene thing, etc. Kind of like going to see a movie that isn't terrific but good enough that you were entertained and glad you saw it. The game runs fine (one of the Witches' Legacy games was so buggy that it wouldn't run at all). Not as good as Dark Throne or Witch Queen in this same series.

I guess that means my Review would be "Good, but not great." That's OK, though, for a casual. Only a minority of these little games are Great. I look at my list of over 400 played, over the last 5-6 years, and only about 60 make the Great range, and that is comparison to other casual games, not to "big" games. Actually, that percentage is about like the curve of a school grading system.

I don't really expect them all to be exceptional, anyway. I only play them for diversion, like my solitaire game. So, I'm happy enough with that. It is only the real stinkers that I badmouth.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community