GB HOMEPAGE

Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish

Posted By: Marian

Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/01/18 09:05 AM

Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
A brand-new adventure series awaits you from Mad Head Games, the creators of Nevertales, Dark Realm, and Rite of Passage!

You’ve been hired by a shadowy businessman to investigate the appearance of a pyramid in the Amazonian jungle. And by ‘appearance,’ he means the entire thing literally popped up out of the ground overnight! As a seasoned archaeologist, you know immediately that you’re in for a strange adventure. But nothing could’ve prepared you for what you find when you arrive – not only is this pyramid like nothing you’ve ever seen, but you’re now racing against your own sister for bragging rights to the find. Take a giant leap into the unknown as you track down the origins of the mysterious pyramid in this heart-racing hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Buckle up for another adventure in the bonus chapter!
Tons of collectibles to find!
Can you unlock the ultimate puzzle?
Enjoy exclusive concept art, wallpapers, music and more!
Never get lost with the strategy guide!

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! joy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/01/18 03:30 PM

Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/01/18 03:34 PM

One of the early player reviews states that there are 48 puzzles in the main game alone. Depending upon your preference, this could be either a blessing or a horror. Since I know that there are members of this forum who play these games solely for the puzzles, I thought I would mention this. smile
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/18 02:16 AM

I have enjoyed many Mad Head games, so definitely will try out this Demo. Thanks!

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 03/04/18 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Reenie
I have enjoyed many Mad Head games, so definitely will try out this Demo. Thanks!

You're welcome. smile
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 04/02/18 02:18 AM

I have played an hour and a half of it and so far and I do enjoy the game, puzzles are fun, graphics are clear and HOs not too many so far which is OK for me, the HOs I ran into are easy on the eyes. Two of the puzzles I ran into were very easy even for me, BUT, they were easy because it was just a way into an HO screen and I have ran into that many times in games were the Puzzles were easy only to have an HO screen to follow, not complaining though, Just thought for a second that I was getting smarter with old age, not so, oh well, still having fun playing casual games....

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 04/02/18 03:41 AM

Yeah, I bought this one and am enjoying it although it is VERY easy. It is going to go FAST. Still it is quite nice graphically, and I agree that the HO scenes are not egregious.

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 04/02/18 03:46 AM

I agree that this game is on the easy side. Still, I had a good time playing it and it took me away from real life for a while - and that's one of the things I like most about these games. smile

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 04/07/18 01:11 AM

Marian, I finished it today. I found it the oddest combination of way too easy and WTH? ha ha Seriously, in some scenes, you have no idea what you are supposed to be doing (literally) and it becomes a sequence of Try-Everything-in-Inventory. I haven't experienced that since the Zork games. In other scenes, say you have a bunch of gears to insert properly to get a machine running, the game gives you the outline for where every gear should go instead of letting you solve the puzzle! (And I chose the "HARD" setting for all puzzles.) This was particularly the case in the Bonus Game. In a scene where you have to assemble the pieces of piping in the right way to complete a plumbing installation, the game won't let you attach the next piece of pipe unless you pick the right one! Of course, this doesn't make a puzzle much of a puzzle. think this game would last for weeks if you never queried the Hint to figure out what you were supposed to do next.

I get it that some games are easy and others are difficult. That's fine, if you can choose. But when you come across a game that has no over-arching idea of what kind of game it wants to be or how hard it will be to play, it is exasperating. It throws you out of the game world.

As for the Bonus Game, itself, it was like another game entirely, having nothing at all to do with the main game and including none of the characters that had been with our protagonist in the main game nor the same environments. Although I found that to be a little odd, it didn't take away from the play if you thought of it as like getting two games in one.

Despite my quibbles, this game has a lot going for it, graphically and in terms of variety of environments and freedom of movement. And if people playing these games like to find objects, there are lots in this one, morphing and otherwise.

Re: Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition - New HOPA on Big Fish - 04/07/18 01:26 AM

I can't believe that in hard mode they were showing you the outline of the gears for the gear puzzle - who would have thought it? grin

I enjoyed reading your thoughts about the game. Thank you! smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community