GB HOMEPAGE

The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound

Posted By: Draclvr

The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/28/08 12:35 PM

Ha! I'm it this morning. Thank you, hagatha! I must go mouse over my medallion to see where I am right now.
Posted By: threads

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/28/08 05:18 PM

lol I went to the Atari website hoping to get a W/T. They are not giving anything away. Lots of interesting things to watch, nothing to download.

Did load the game. Needed that book from Vivaldi so bailed him out of prison. He gave me the book as a present for setting him free.

Raymond is still stuck on Vincent although this time Vincent gave me a Rune.

If the stationers finish copying the Manual and Game Guide I'll be tempted to start a new game.

Keeping my fingers (and eyes) crossed.
Posted By: nickie

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/29/08 01:41 AM

That particular quest is a very tricky one, and dialogue choices lock you into a particular story line and you can't get out. I remember the first time I played it I kept saying no, no, no! That isn't who I suspect at all. Had to go back to a save to get it the way I wanted it. grin
Posted By: hagatha

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/29/08 01:58 AM

It will all work out in the end, though. Just keep working through the quests in your log.

I must say The Price of Neutrality was a disappointment. I'd got myself geared up for at least a few hours' gameplay, and it was just about over before it began. I was hoping it would be a third or half the length of one of the chapters in the game. Oh well.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/29/08 02:23 AM

Sorry to hear that Hagatha, I've been saving the two new adventures as a treat for later.

Sure, as Hagatha says, it will work out Threads. It's really such a small piece of the whole game. I just obsessed with it. lol

Thanks for being "It", Drac! fall

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/29/08 05:21 AM

Yes, the PON was disappointing, but I can hardly complain given that I've played the game three times already and am likely to play it several more times over the years. I consider that great value for the money I spent.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/29/08 05:30 AM

Isn't it though! I'm playing it for the fourth time, and really don't want to come out of that world.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/29/08 05:16 PM

Hi - my copying of the GameGuide and Manual to A4 size arrived this morning. The printing was sooooo cheap but they didn't have suitable folders to place them in so need to find time later to punch holes of nearly 200 pages and get them into folders. Depending on how they read I might possibly start a new game.

Will be back - before Christmas - I think

Night night
Alice

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/30/08 05:41 AM

Threads, how on earth did you manage to get Vivaldi chucked into prison? If I'd known that was possible, I would have tried to do it! grin

Hm. I wonder who else you can betray? Thaler, possibly.
Posted By: Benedict

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/30/08 08:39 AM

I am playing Chapter 1 at "easy" difficulty.

Is it actually possible to rendezvous with Vesna after you rescue her from the thugs? Also, what are the places of power for? I know Geralt does the ritual of magic there, but for what benefit?
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/30/08 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Benedict
I am playing Chapter 1 at "easy" difficulty.

Is it actually possible to rendezvous with Vesna after you rescue her from the thugs? Also, what are the places of power for? I know Geralt does the ritual of magic there, but for what benefit?

Of course it is! Meet Vesna at the mill just after sunset, with a bottle of wine, for a cozy picknick. wink

The ritual of magic at places of power increases your sign intensity (you know, the magic 'signs', like Aard and Igni).

So, in other words, the 'stun' ability, and the 'blast' effect of, let's say your Aard sign, will be stronger for the amount of time that the ritual of magic effect (as can be observed in that ring around the meddalion) lasts.

The ritual of magic affects all the signs that you have already acquired, though, so it will make all of them temporarily stronger.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/30/08 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: hagatha
Threads, how on earth did you manage to get Vivaldi chucked into prison? If I'd known that was possible, I would have tried to do it! grin

Hm. I wonder who else you can betray? Thaler, possibly.

You might know this already, but if you fight the Scoia'tael at the riverbank (in chapter 1) while protecting Haren Brogg's goods, Coleman remains alive, but Vivaldi gets thrown into jail.

If you let the Scoia'tael take Harens' goods, the opposite happens. Coleman gets killed, and Vivaldi does not get thrown into prison in chapter 2. smile

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/30/08 12:45 PM

Ah, so THAT'S how Coleman stays alive! I've always given the elves the stuff at Haren Brogg's.

So, how do you like the game so far, Benedict? I had a hard time getting used to the fighting my first time through, but now I much prefer it to madly clicking like I do in games like Morrowind.

Hagatha, I figured out why I can't mouse over the medallion to see Geralt's stats. I'm using the OTS mode and you can do that only in the two isometric views.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/30/08 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr

Hagatha, I figured out why I can't mouse over the medallion to see Geralt's stats. I'm using the OTS mode and you can do that only in the two isometric views.

Try pausing by pressing SPACE, then hover your mouse over the thin turquoise circle that goes around the yellow part around the medallion. wink

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 03:07 AM

Aha. I've always sympathized with the Scoiatel at the beginning of the game and then gone Neutral later, so Coleman is always alive at the start of Chapter Two and of course Vivaldi is footloose and free, if broke.

I couldn't bring myself to join the Order, but next time I play, I will.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 03:42 AM

Space worked, Moondancer! Thank you for the tip.

I'm trying my best to force myself to go with the Order this time.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 05:07 AM

Geralt's friendship with Siegfried is the only reason I would join the Order. Siggy is a genuinely noble character, I think, and I always feel bad about betraying him. I wish there was a way to turn him away from the Order, or at least convince him that the GM is off his rocker earlier in the game.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 07:42 AM

Aha. I've always sympathized with the Scoiatel at the beginning of the game and then gone Neutral later, so Coleman is always alive at the start of Chapter Two and of course Vivaldi is footloose and free, if broke.

I couldn't bring myself to join the Order, but next time I play, I will.

Hagatha and Draclvr, I've only played the game once before, and I PROMISED myself that I'm going to do opposite choices this time, to see what happens with the other choice, but I've already broken my promise in a few instances, the most notable being that I couldn't let them kill Abigail. Also, I don't think that I want to kill the wherewolf (you-know-who wink ), or even the Striga.

I'm really going to have to force myself to be on the Order's side, (I previously joined the Elves) but already it's a strain. It felt so against my grain leading the Order party against the squirrels in the swamps. I even had to personally kill the Scoia'tael girl who had admired me for knowing Fynaewedd.. cry Ouch! That part really hurt!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 01:55 PM

Haven't yet had a chance to continue with the game until a technician came this morning to follow Trail's recommendation to protect the computer.

I got Vivaldi out of prison by paying his fine to Jethro, in the Dungeons. Then went to his house and he gave me the book I needed for Kalstein. (or was it two books?)

When I last played think I was trying to get the Golem's heart.

Won't find out until I can look in the journal.

Be back - could be before Christmas think
Posted By: Debra

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 03:02 PM

This is from Wired Magazine:

This news comes roughly a month after the firm released The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, a massive upgrade for the title that we thought was a fantastic game. Fans who purchased the original version were able to download the additions free of charge, while an updated iteration of The Witcher, including all the new content, was shipped to retail.

Does anyone know where you can download the additions free?
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 10/31/08 03:16 PM

Debra, try the official site Here.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/01/08 03:33 AM

And if you have trouble with your download at the official site (many of us did) try File Planet or Gamershell. I used FilePlanet.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/12939/The+Witcher+Original+to+Enhanced+Edition+Patch

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/12940/The+Witcher+Original+to+EE+English+Language+Pack

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/the_witcher_enhanced_edition/

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/02/08 08:17 PM

Hi Debra and Draclvr

Referring to the description for what the patch does, I believe the v1.4 is actually the upgrade for the non-enhanced edition to get the full features of the enhanced edition. (Can someone verify this please?) I don't think the enhanced edition needs "required" patching as it seems very stable, although there may be some quest related minor glitches such as monsters not appearing and Vesna not showing up at the mill. I am playing at 800x600 resolution. I had a few crashes at higher resolutions, but I figured the crashes were related to my display card not being powerful enough.

I have finally reached Chapter 3. Chapter 2's detective investigation was tough to follow, and the swamp was particularly difficult as it is easy to get lost and the monsters respawn all the time. At the start of chapter 3, I turned off the object names for better immersion as it was weird entering the Trade Quarter city streets to see crowds with name tags hovering over all their heads. But such a function will be actually helpful in the swamp.

I am enjoying this game very much as it is very bold and has unique "adult" elements. The overall design is similar to Jade Empire, also developed by Bioware (co-develoed by 2K). Notably Geralt is even a greater womaniser like James Bond, and gets to sleep with almost any pretty quest-related female NPC that he meets, even prostitutes. The game designers also felt free to include liberal doses of adult language and innuendoes. As a result Vizima is a gritty game world that is apart from others in the best RPGs. In terms of freedom to have intimate relationships Bioware's Mass Effect pales in comparison to Witcher, and Jade Empire (in which a same sex romance and a polygamous romance are actually possible) and Oblivion (in which modding allows gamers to design their relationships and their partners).

For those who have not tried it, bring Carmen to Shani's gathering. Her reactions to having the prostitute as a house guest is CLASSIC.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 12:57 AM

That's correct Benedict - the 1.4 patch is the download of the enhanced material for those who purchased the original game and wish the improved content. There's an additional download for language, and also for the bonus content, including a game guide and map. You can get all the facts about this at the official Witcher site. You have to register your game before you can download this patch or the goodies.

And that's right - the retail version does not need a patch.

The Witcher has now sold over a million copies, so we're not alone in appreciating the game, that's for sure. I think there's a pretty good chance we'll see a sequel. lol
And yes, one time that I played I did bring Carmen to the party - pretty funny!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 01:27 AM

I just finished the party and of course brought Carmen. What a hoot! I think the "adult" content is a big part of what makes me love this game so much.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 03:56 PM

Looking over the games I have played over the years, my favourite genre has got to be RPGs, as they allow me to be really naughty and gives me numerous options on how to deal with NPCS and to affect the outcome of the main plot. Oblivion, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Jade Empire come to mind.

Check out the audio cd "music inspired by The Witcher" in the enhanced edition. I think the treatment is similar to the Bond movie theme, getting different musicians such as Moby to remix the Bond theme over the years in different styles... Perhaps Geralt would return, in the same way as James Bond with swords in future sequels.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 04:59 PM

Oh dear! I did a very bad thing yesterday. I installed this just to see if it would, and it did. Then I played for a few minutes to see what the game was like. Now, I really really want to play--lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs
Oh dear! I did a very bad thing yesterday. I installed this just to see if it would, and it did. Then I played for a few minutes to see what the game was like. Now, I really really want to play--lol

..and so you should! Why is that a bad thing?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 05:11 PM

No time to play right now. Tons of things that need to be taken care of with lots of out of town company for Thanksgiving--I'll be able to play in Jan I think lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/03/08 05:25 PM

..anyway - seeing that you guys are chatting about the adult content and the 'free love' in the game.. I remember there were people at a time complaining that Geralt is a mysoginist, because of this. However, from the backstory of the books by Sapkowski that the game was based on, there are quite a few reasons why Geralt is so busy with the ladies, and does not commit easily.

As we all know, the final form of the Witcher mutation that he underwent, rendered him sterile, and he therefore (understandably) does not see himself as marriage material.
So of course he looks for 'love' wherever he can get it, knowing that committed relationships are not a good idea for a witcher.

What the game does not say, but the books do, is that witchers mutated through the final stage like Geralt has been, acquires a magnetic 'animal' aura that strongly attracts women on a sexual level.

Go figure.. grin

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/04/08 01:19 AM

Interesting. On our G rated forum, that's probably about as far as we need to take that one. lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/04/08 03:10 AM

I didn't get the feeling that Geralt is a misogynist. I got the feeling that he genuinely likes women -- and they like him in return. In fact, the only woman in the game who could potentially be hurt by Geralt's little flings is Shani. Triss is a woman of the world and doesn't care; Abigail is much the same, and the women of the night accept roses from him because he helped them (and for nothing in return, in my games). And Geralt helps Carmen, telling her the Swamp is too dangerous for her, which is surely the act of a loving friend.

No, Shani is the only woman in the game who could get hurt, and Geralt does remember that before the end of the game. That's why Triss is the better choice, from a role-playing perspective. In my last game I chose Shani over Triss, and Geralt's comments later in Chapter 4, where he asks himself, "What was I thinking?" were rather poignant; he chides himself for believing that he and Shani and Alvin could settle down and be a family. I got the feeling that part of him really wanted that, but he recognized just in time that he's a trouble magnet and that he would be putting them both in constant danger.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/04/08 04:32 PM

...Geralt's comments later in Chapter 4, where he asks himself, "What was I thinking?" were rather poignant; he chides himself for believing that he and Shani and Alvin could settle down and be a family. I got the feeling that part of him really wanted that, but he recognized just in time that he's a trouble magnet and that he would be putting them both in constant danger.

That's also what I like about Witcher. It has "soul", and hence goes beyond its "Leisure Suit Larry" moments.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/05/08 06:37 AM

Yes, I also got the idea that Geralt truly cares about women as friends as well as lovers.

There are a lot of dialogue options where he gets to show genuine concern for the women he interacts with, without being condescending towards them; and therefore I also thought that the 'mysoginist' label was a bit misdirected by detractors of the game.

I originally chose Shani, and this time chose Triss. I'm still only early chapter 3 as I got distracted from the game by Fallout 3, but I'm very interested to see how chapter 4 plays out when you've chosen Triss and the Order.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/06/08 09:37 PM

Hi guys, Actually have a little time to play and have a couple of questions.

My inventory is full--where can you sell?

Also, if I read a book, I know I can get rid of it. Does that hold true for contract scrolls too?

thanks

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/06/08 10:28 PM

You can sell your books to an antiquary. The contract scrolls are not worth anything once you have read them. You can litter the landscape and just drop them or you can put them into your "storage" with the inn-keeper.

There are many people you can sell your stuff to. The barmaids will buy food and alcohol (keep the strong alcohol to make potions). In Vizima there are lots of people to sell to in the market and other places. Where are you in the game and we can point you to where to find these people?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/06/08 10:59 PM

Aha Drac, I'm just at the beginning. Talked to the Reverand and now have to prove I'm a nice person by finding these 3 guys. My problem is I keep going into houses and then getting turned around when I come out rotfl

Then I look at the map and see, oooppsss, I've done it again. The only person I've seen so far that would buy was the meat seller before Vizima.

I have another question--I was playing and the game said I could level up. I wanted to finish what I was doing first. Later in the game, I thought--Oh wait, I can level up. Opened the hero's screen but now it says I need more points.

Do you loose your "talents" if you don't use them immediately?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/07/08 12:32 AM

You don't lose them. They'll be there when you meditate, and if you don't use them they just accumulate. The game was just telling you that you reached the next level (you reach the levels automatically)- so when you looked at it you saw that you need so many points to reach the next level, not the one you just made. Does that make sense? lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/07/08 02:09 AM

L4L -- the levelling up confused me when I first played Witcher. You can only access your accumulated skill points when you rest -- and when you do rest, you have to rest for one hour for each skill point you "spend," or the skill increases won't actually register. You don't have to wait until the next time you level up, though. You can rest now and use the skill points you've earned to this point.

This is also true for Alchemy- one hour of rest for each potion made.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/07/08 03:09 AM

Yup to all of the above! And if you are in the beginning, there is an antiquary in the Inn you can sell books to. Oh, yes, I so remember getting turned around all the time! Thank heavens for the map!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/07/08 07:32 AM

L4L, when you meditate, and it doesn't automatically go to the levelling up screen, just click on the tiny circular picture of Geralt's head, to open the screen where you get to spend 'talents'.

Besides all the traders mentioned by the other posters, Abigail (go to her hut - near the Inn) will also buy and sell. You can also do trade with the herbalist wandering around outside the Inn, inside the Inn 'walls'. The antiquary tends to be inside the inn during the daytime (so if you dont see him, just wait around a few hours for him to arrive). You probably won't be able to collect chemical agents yet, but you can trade those with Kalstein, also to be found in the Inn.

Happy gaming! wink

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/07/08 03:24 PM

thanks Nickie makes lots of sense.

Hagatha, Thanks a lot. I know there are a lot of nuances to learn.

thanks Draclvr

thanks Moondancer

I'm hoping the baby will take a really long nap today so I can play puppy
Posted By: Sherryah

Witcher install question and discussion and spoilers - 11/07/08 11:01 PM

I just received Witcher enhanced UK version. Bad news for hours I have tried to install it and made sure my Comodo fire protection and Avast was disabled. I do not know how to disable Windows Defender or if that could be a problem. I cannot install when the dialogue asks for the 2nd DVD. I put in the drive {behind the scenes} that is the correct 2nd DVD that is asked for right?

I posted more about the problem in glitches but if I am trying to install the wrong DVD when it asks for the 2nd DVD I am going to feel really stupid. Please tell me what is the name of the 2nd DVD that I am to insert?

I read here in the threads when we buy the retail we don't have to apply the patches or hotfix for Vista 32 is that correct? Please have mercy and help me get this game installed so I can join all of the rest of the Boomer family playing the game. Thanks in advance.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher install question - 11/07/08 11:31 PM

Sherryah, the 2nd DVD is the one in the Bonus Game Content. There are 2 DVD's in that holder and one says Bonus Game Content Disk 2. I think that is one you need.

Also, you are correct. Unless a different patch is released you should not need any other patches.

I think you are putting in the wrong DVD #2

Try with the other one waveluck

Re: Witcher install question - 11/07/08 11:50 PM

Is this Video game content, behind the scenes DVD? I can't see anything that says Bonus game content. I have
Game DVD disk 1
Video DVD Behind the scenes
audio CD game soundtrack
music inspired by the game Audio CD

When 2nd Disk is asked for I have been putting in Video DVD behind the scenes. It doesn't let me put it in my directory and the 1st game DVD stops the progress bar at voices data 11

Thanks L4L for your response I really want to install this game. If only installing it was as easy as registering it.

EDIT............................
Feeling Oh so stupid! blush I found the missing CD It had fell out and I didn't know there was another one. Thanks L4l your right I was trying to install the wrong CD for the 2nd disk asked for.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 12:01 AM

yay I'm glad you found it! I was a bit confused when I was installing too puppy luck

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 01:58 AM

Really enjoying the game but realizing they made the fight in the lab easy on purpose as not to discourage us.

Please can someone tell me how to kill the mage in the lab? I just used the only healing potion swallow that I have and already used the owl potion when I first entered the building with Trish. I have barely wounded the mage thus far he keeps teleporting with fire.

L4L your a real sweetheart to say what you did just to make me feel less stupid. Thanks its always the simple things that look easy that trick me.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 02:06 AM

Sherryah, did you go to the stones and learn the sign?

I kept stunning him with the sign, run in and whack a bit, and then roll away. Move to the middle to watch for the mage, and repeat.

Also, if he is surrounded by henchmen, you need to kill all of them first. luck

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 02:13 AM

Watch the red ring at the bottom of enemy characters, it empties out reflecting their decreasing health. This mage takes quite a no. of hits to deplete his health down to zero. Don't worry, even though it is a long fight he does not damage Geralt significantly.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 02:52 AM

Sherryah, remember,too, that Geralt has three different sword fighting styles; strong, fast, and multiple opponent. You may be hitting him with the wrong style.

You must kill the four henchmen before going after the mage. They fall easily. Then use Aard, strike, and when the mage vanishes, regroup and look around so that you can move in on him as soon as he starts to reappear.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 05:21 AM

Thank you dear Boomers I finally defeated him with your help. I am so use to hacking away wildly like in Sacred 2 I have to get use to fighting this way. The flame isn't that bright, is there another way of counting seconds or another secret to knowing when to hit with the sword? Which camera angle is the easiest?
In sacred 2 my mouse wheel zooms in and out can't we do that in Witcher?

Really enjoying myself and even though it is going on daylight I don't even feel tired yet, after all Geralt doesn't sleep why should I? rotfl

I am now in the town looking for the Reverend.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 05:28 AM

I'm so happy to see that you are up and running and are playing the game. I wish you many happy hours with it. And you will get lots of good advice here from all these experienced Witcher players.

Do remember to eat and sleep, too! grin

I'm glad you are enjoying it. wave happydance
Posted By: maggie57

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 06:16 AM

Sherryah thumbsup

This game is just great, I have not finished it all, still in part 3, I am going between that, Sacred 2 and Loki. So they are keeping me busy. Glad you found your cd. You will love Geralt if you have not played it before, watch out for him........ rotfl hearts

maggie wave zombie yay

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 09:00 AM

I have not played it before Maggie and I got to admit his voice is really sexy. lol

I am stuck in trying to reach Mikul please tell me how do I get past the bridge to reach him?

Also I am building up the skills in silver sword even though I only have the steel sword. Is this a waste ? where do I find a silver sword? I was hoping magically my steel sword would turn into a magic silver sword but oops I was wrong.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies. Also congrats Maggie on Chapter 3 my you have been a busy gal. bravo

Sherryah

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 09:04 AM

Sherryah, with the sword fighting you can learn when to hit even without the flame if you watch Geralt's movements. But don't worry; you'll get used to the combat soon enough, and soon you'll also have more magic and potions to add to your arsenal. In fact, I found the magic and potions to be more valuable than the swords, later in the game. If you upgrade your Aard spell high enough, you can stun even the toughest opponents, and at higher levels of Aard they'll be stunned long enough that you can take them out with one strike.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 09:21 AM

Thanks Hagatha for the reassurance. Can you please tell me how to reach Mikul?

I can see location on the map but can't reach him under the bridge. I killed the man size plants for odo already. I even waded in the water trying to go under the bridge. The mill is locked so how do I reach Mikul?

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 02:55 PM

You don't reach him under the bridge Sherryah. He is at the gates up top. There are three different entrance gates guarded by soldiers. Have you found Abigail (the witch)? Getting back on the main road from her house, follow the path going northward. It will fork, so go left toward the gates ( the other way right goes to the crypt). Or are you saying you've completed the task he asked of you, and are returning to the second gate Mikul goes to? It's a little hard to see. You go down that path to the right before you get to the main gate, and it forks. You need to stay left. Here's a map that shows better detail. On this map it is marked where you first meet Mikul and get his task. The gate he moves to isn;t marked, but you can see the winding path to it north of where it is marked #2.

You need to build your skills in both silver and steel swords, as you will need both throughout the game. In the course of the game you'll get the other sword, but it will be a good while yet before you do.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/08/08 04:22 PM

Sherryah, I don't know if this will help, but I was watching for Geralt's sword to flame--which is does, but it is fast.

Finally I noticed the Cursor changes to a flame--Much easier to see lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/08/08 10:12 PM

Ok, back with another question.

I've been running around collecting herbs and reading books.

I have the 5 candles from the reverend and I was going to go light the 5 Shrines. It's night, but when I get to the Shrine, Geralt says "I promised the Reverend I'd light these." but he doesn't.

I tried opening the inv. to click directly on the candles or move them out and tried to use flint--all to no avail. Do I need to complete the quests for Mikhul and the other guy (not Odo, already did that one) before I can light the shrines?

Thanks guys wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 01:19 AM

L4L I just finished that quest and I have not finished Mikhul quest but did finish Odo quest. However in the demo I did not do either of the quests and just lit the candles. You must make sure it is night time and than go into the inventory and drag the candle to the eternal flame. The evil dog will usually appear be ready to fight. Please let me know if this helps you because you have helped me many times.

Sherryah
EDIT.......................
Hmm sorry just read it again and you say it is nighttime. Have you tried to go back to a save game and restart the game? I had some strange thing happen with the map and it all turned black on me except for marked buildings so there seems to be a glitch but when I redid a save game it was gone.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 01:20 AM

You don't have to do the tasks first. Click on a shrine, and your inventory will automatically open. Drag one of the lights to the special box that has come up in inventory- can't remember if it's a box or a pair of hands or something, but it will look different than the rest of your inventory. You don't need the flint. This special box will open in inventory whenever you are giving somebody something also, or drinking with someone (rather than clicking on it and clicking it on somebody or something). And you're bound to run into lots of doggies when you get to each shrine. laugh

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 01:24 AM

Thanks Nickie that is the part I was trying to explain to drag the candle too, that box in inventory. LOL lots of evil doggies and the only dog biscuit we can give them is the tip of our sword. lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 01:27 AM

When I started writing that you hadn't answered yet, and I got so longwinded you slipped in there. lol L4L loves doggies!

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 01:28 AM

Thanks L4L I will look for that. I usually pause and than hit. I really think this game is the best game I have ever played and so much value for the money.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 01:32 AM

I'm glad you're loving it Sherryah! Did you find Mikul?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 02:08 AM

Thanks Sherryah

Thanks Nickie

I'll go back in and see if that works. I figured it was something simple, but I was just not seeing it. puppy

edit: Yep, it worked. I saw that before but thought it was just for money at the shrine :Lol:

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 03:36 AM

Sherryah- thumbsup

There is an off road that goes to another road on the bridge, it actually goes to another bridge, boy am I am mess in giving direction tonight. Now watch it, if you find his voice sexy you are hooked, isn't she Nickie?????? rotfl rotfl
Don't pay any attention to that direction, I am terrible in that one. Did you find the guy who sells things to the squirrels? The road is not far from him. Watch out for the drowners if it is nighttime.
I am so glad you like this game.

Take care

maggie wave yay bravo

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 04:30 AM

Wait until you're on your third play, Sherryah! Then you'll really be thinking you got a great game for your money!

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 07:46 AM

It's definitely up there with my favourite games, that's for sure. Argh. I was going to say more but can't type anything tonight -- I bought an electric knife sharpener and found out the hard way just how sharp those kitchen knives are now! oops

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 02:57 PM

Yikes Hagatha, hope it heals quickly wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 03:03 PM

Those in the outskirts are bad doggies. Good doggies do not normally attack people on sight. The ones in Temple Quarter are good doggies. It made me feel bad that Geralt had to kill some of these good ones for one of the contracts.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 03:07 PM

Ahhhh, Benedict, don't you know there are no bad dogs, just bad owners rotfl

I don't like killing doggies---but most dogs don't glow green so I've been dispatching them with nary a qualm. Now, if some of the doggies look like doggies and act like doggies, it will be much harder for me.

Edit: Ok, back with more questions.

I found a Place of Power. What do I use it for?

I also found the Standing Stones. I visited them once already on the Outskirts--do I need to visit them more than once? thanks

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 03:57 PM

Mower blades and electric knife sharpeners - beware! Ouch!

Maggie, none of us are addicted, are we? rotfl

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 04:00 PM

You can elect to not take the contract that requires you to kill good dogs in the city - I sure didn't do that one, the thought made me sick. Even when they blocked my way and growled at me - I just took a few steps back and let them pass.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 04:02 PM

I couldn't kill the good doggies in the Temple Quarter, so that particular contract went unfullfilled! The first time I played I found enough pots of dog lard in the houses that I was able to fill the contract that way. This time I forgot and used them to make Necrophage Oil.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 04:03 PM

Who, me? Addicted? Nah... whistle

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 05:21 PM

Found an excuse to sit and rest my legs late morning so loaded the game. grin
Need three badges to convince Leuvaarden we are on the same side. Since then have been dispatching assassins all over the place but only picked up two badges. How I wish I hadn't been selling them to the Messenger.

At last got Shani to mention the Coen silver sword. The only help I got was to talk to Zoltan - looked everywhere but think he's taking a long holiday in the Carribean. rotfl

Drclvr - I'm finding pots of dog lard in strange places, perhaps the strangest being in dead wolves.

One of the most odd things is the fact I'm picking up orens from the bodies of drowners. Where on earth do they keep cash? - No don't answer that one laugh

And that is me finished for the day.

Night, night.

Early start tomorrow but prefer to not have the fire-alarm starting the day as it did this morning. Was cleaning my teeth at the time and nearly swallowed the toothbrush. As the brush is battery driven nearly received a much more thorough cleaning than expected. whistle

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 05:27 PM

You never know, you might be dancing if you swallowed that! grin

Zoltan - during the day I think I found him on the streets near Vivaldi's, and at night at Vivaldi's house or the inn. When he wasn't in the Carribean, of course. rotfl

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/09/08 05:36 PM

Ahhhhh, nope, don't want to take that contract--or if I do, don't use the pots of dog lard eek

What is the name of this contract--I sure won't have fun killing dogs <what were they thinking>

When Hubby and I play BG, he has to kill the wolves--they look too much like dogs for me to do it lol

Ok, another question. I thought I read that if I put a talent in a skill enhancement and had not mediated, I could take it back, but at the moment, I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know?

Ok, and yet another question. I am in Chapter 2 and I
Click to reveal..
have killed the cockatrice and am killing spider cultist, but I can't figure out how to get back to the jail so I can get the rest of my stuff. Am I not supposed to go back to jail? I had a whole lot of stuff and I want it back!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 07:53 PM

Phew !! Could be quite a number here growing ever longer noses !! rotfl

Re: Witcher install question - 11/09/08 08:54 PM

Thank you so much! I am now past the part of talking to him what you wrote helped me.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Phew !! Could be quite a number here growing ever longer noses !! rotfl

Ack, can't afford to have a longer nose! rotfl

Sherryah, that's great! Where are you in the game now? I love hearing about the game vicariously too. lol

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 01:46 AM

wave Hi Nickie. Well I am playing the bronze campaign easy mode and I have finished Odo quest and lit all the eternal flames. I gathered the 5 mryrtle flowers and the boy spoke about the beast in that errie voice that belongs in a horror game. Yikes! scared

I have not gone into the crypt or cave yet. Is the cave hard? I need to find out what happened to a guys friend. I also was hoping to buy a better sword but when I went back to try and find hargis again I could not find him by his home or on the dock. Where did he go? I really wanted a better sword and saved up 200 to buy it. One thing I have noticed the game writers are sure stingy with the gold after all the battles you would think we would get more gold.

Also I want to learn how to make the oil like spector oil etc. I know the recipe but when I try a message comes up and says I don't know how to make the oil. How do I learn how to make the various oils to put on the blade?

Last question the ghouls are a tough battle even one on one. In the crypt is it a tough battle? if more than one ghoul attacks me I think I will be in trouble.

Now for a comment, something strange is happening in my game. I am crashing to the desktop with a message explorer stoped working and a fatal error comes up crashing me to desktop and closing Witcher.

I did not patch the game because I bought the retail game. Do you think I need to patch the game? Anyone else having this problem? Especially when I go to save a game sometimes this is happening and I lose the last game spot and have to go to the previous save game. This is happening quite a few times. What should I do?

EDIT AGAIN.....................
Maggie you asked me a question
Did you find the guy who sells things to the squirrels? The road is not far from him. Watch out for the drowners if it is nighttime.

No Maggie I didn't find the man who sells stuff to the squirrels.Where is he and how can I find him? I have walked all over by Hagis boat and cargo. Thanks in advance

Thanks to all who recommended this game and all who are helping me.

Sherryah PS I am just curious what a man looks like who has a sexy voice like Geralt. Does anyone have a picture of the man whose voice this is?

EDIT................
I forgot to add I have Vista 32 home premium even though it is a retail game should I patch it?

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 03:06 AM

You should not try the crypt unless you have made several Cat potions to help you see in there.

To make the oils you will have to level up in one of your skills to be able to do that. Don't remember which one.

Don't get rid of your steel Witcher's sword. Many of the ones you can buy do not allow you to use the Witcher fighting style. It's good to carry a couple of extras that you find on defeated enemies. A few of them are good backups. Plus you can sell them for more money. Once you get to the swamp and can kill lots of Drowners, you can make a lot of money selling Drowner brains too.

There is a small fishing enclave along the river between the outskirts and the bridges to Vizima. That's where the guy is who sells to the squirrels. He is one of your quest guys too - his name is Haren.

I have no idea what to say about the game crashing. I know there were some issues with Vista, but I thought the current patch/upgrade which you have with your retail version took care of it. You might try posting at the Witcher forum. They are really helpful there.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 03:09 AM

Hi ya Sherryah, I'm just ahead of you a little.

I have done both the cave and the crypt. It's not too bad. I did it by using Axii and blowing people away from me so I could concentrate one on one. Remember, if you are in a group you need to use the group fighting style and for some baddies you need the fast and others need the strong.

To make oil, I think you have to put a bronze talent in that skill (at least I think I did and then I could)

I've noticed that if I leave Outlook open, the game does not close down correctly, but closing it before I play seems to do the trick for me.

You should not need to patch the game if you are playing the enhanced edition.

Are you talking about Haran? If so, he's across the river. I found him sorta by accident. I was running along the river trying to find a way to his house and couldn't.

So I went into isometric mode and just clicked on the opposite bank. Geralt took off running and took me straight to him. luck

Drac, I have an inventory question. A lot of the time when I want to pick up a sword, the game tells me my inventory is full, yet I see empty space???

Also, where I can store stuff in Vizimir?

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 04:29 AM

L4l, that is still something that aggravates me in this game. The only slots weapons can go into are the rectangular ones alongside Geralt. If you already have a weapon in the slot that fits it, you can't pick it up. So, go sell what you have so you have room to pick up something else.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 05:03 AM

Aha, thanks

I was wondering what I was missing lol

I am running around Vizima now wave

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 05:14 AM

well I just crashed again. I have nivida 8800 GT card and vista 32 home premium. 3 Gig of ram. It is not a explorer error I am getting a windows error and its fatal when it happens no warnings. Anyway I just cleared out the crypt and only took one cat potion and necro on my blade. I got the drowners for rev. and also met and fought the squirrel guy and his thugs at the river. hope I made the right choice to defend harlem. I save often so the crash didn't hurt too bad. played for hours this time before the crash.

Does anyone know if I use the patch will it remove my save games? I sure don't want to fight some of those battles over again. I also defended the alchemist on the bridge and won that battle also. So as you can see I have made alot of progress. Really love this game. I like the calm personality of Geralt wish I could get that calm in the face of calamity.

Strange thing is Interact was suppose to send me the uncensored version and I got the censored version. I thought the international version was uncensored? It came with the all the game manuals and the one people were complaining from with Atari had the game manual online and not in paper. Can someone explain to me how I could have gotton the uncensored version?

Sherryah
EDIT.................
I forgot to ask you Geralt can not hold 2 swords can he? I want to be able to sell stuff but how can you do that when it will not go into inventory? unless I am doing something wrong. last time I tried to pick up another weapon it forced me to drop the one that I had.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/10/08 06:14 AM

You don't have to kill any of those doggies, you know. By the middle of Chapter 3 you'll have found enough Dog Tallow In houses to complete the quest.

Oh, and to take back a spent talent, you'd have to exit the resting screen -- by setting the rest time to zero.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/10/08 12:40 PM

Yes, you go back to the jail to get your stuff. It's behind the church. It should be marked on your map. You may have to find Vincent first to give him the cockatrice head. You can find him during the day past the jail in the training yard.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/10/08 03:04 PM

Hagatha, thanks! I just can't kill dogs, not even in a game.

When I was little, my sister and I were walking home from the movies and I was crying hysterically because the doggie died in the movie. People kept stopping to see what was wrong. My sister was so mad at me!

Thanks for the resting info. Thought I had read that I could, but I couldn't find the info again.

Thanks Drac, I got my stuff back and I'm a happy camper now happydance

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 03:09 PM

Sherryah, I had that same question. Swords don't go into your normal inventory--they go into the weapons slots for your character. So you have to drop one to get one sad I've left so many swords lying.

Geralt will carry two swords. He needs both his steel and his silver sword.

Why do you think your version is censored? I know I got the international one with the paper manual, and mine is definitely not censored lol

If you have the enhanced game on DVD, then the patch isn't going to do anything for you (at least that is what I understand. My game does ask me to update it, but when I click on the link it takes me to a page and there is no update for my version.

It is fun, isn't it? wave

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 03:41 PM

L4l thanks for your reply. My update now is flashing also and takes me to a page that explains updates and one is for vista 32. However I am not going to patch it if I would lose all my save games or if it is hard to apply.

I am just assuming that I may have the uncensored version because thus far nothing rated 18 has occured. Any Sex scene is blurred and a playing card comes up with a bare chested woman. This isn't considered a uncensored version is it? The blood is just stains on the ground and corpses are nothing offensive. So if this is the uncensored version what is all the excitement about?

Do you also have vista 32? Do you or anyone else have a fatal error with a windows crash where microsoft box appears and says Witcher has stopped working and looking for a way to repair it. Of course there is no repair so the box has to be cancelled and the witcher game is gone and must be relaunched.

Sherryah
EDIT......................
It says right on the black box that it is the enhanced version but doesn't say anything else. I really want to know because if I was accidently sent the censored version I got charged way too much on my credit card. How can I tell if I have the censored or uncensored version? The game starts out with the words Atari, and than Bioware and than produced by CDproject if I remember right on that name.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 03:58 PM

Sherryah, if you got the paper manual, you have the uncensored version just like I do. There are opportunities for liaisons, but you won't see anything.

There is some coarse language--I've heard the F bomb a few times.

I don't have Vista--I still use XP Pro. I want to let them work all the bugs out of Vista before I switch.

However, if I leave my email open while playing, when I exit the game I get a "game.exe has an error and needs to close" message. I just save often and don't worry about it.

The blood sounds like what I have though I have graduated to some spurting blood during battles.

I don't have a clue though if you'd loose your saves. You could always copy your saved games to another location before you do the patch and then if you did loose them, you might be able to just put them back in the folder depending on what changes. That sounds like a good question for the developers luck

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 04:16 PM

If you go to The Witcher forums, there are a lot of suggestions about fixes for crashes on Windows Vista, which seem to have helped quite a few people. I would mention them here but that discussion belongs in the technical-problems section of this board. wave

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 04:41 PM

Marian, it's ok to post them here, or a link to them. If you don't mind, it would be a good thing to post in Glitches also, and when folks search in the future, they may search over there or over here. puppy

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 05:11 PM

There is a wealth of technical information on the official Witcher forum here.

As I understand it, you don't have bare breasted women in the censored version. Later on in the game there's a fully nude female. A few other scenes were changed in the censored version. That and the language is enough to make the censors go wild in North America. While many of us agree that it is pretty tame stuff, there are those that find the content offensive - having the two versions of the game makes more people happy.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 09:24 PM

I need some of your expertise. when I walked in the salamandors hideout I was able to defeat them. When I opened the trap door in the hideout and confronted them I have died at least 4 times. I have nothing else I am able to do in quests because all are tied up in the beringer or salamander quest. I just went to Abigails to by the crinfield oil to put on my sword but she is not home. No one is in the entire town. My map doesn't even show the the old locations I have been to. The name of the town has even changed and everything is black on the map except for a pink location mark. What has happened? Where is everyone? how do I defeat the salamanders boss and his assasins under the trap door? What do I do next?

I want to make the poison oil to put on the blade but I am lacking some ingredient. I thought that would help me defeat the salamanders in the cave under the trap door. Advice is sorely needed. I killed all the salamanders tormenting Shani at the inn and she waits for me there. What next? Thanks in advance.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 09:30 PM

Sherryah, open your map and look at the top. Do you have "world" checked? I ask because I did lol

Is this before you actually get to Vizima? If so, don't forget to use Group when fighting a group. I also knock some of the down with the sign and burn others.

Also, I used the Blizzard potion. I also discovered that I can run around like crazy and avoid people while I heal. And I took the potion that helps you heal faster.

I don't know if any of that will work for you, but ..... puppy

Re: Witcher install question - 11/10/08 09:49 PM

Thanks L4l you solved my map problem! Now to live to fight another battle. Where is everyone at? Are the salamanders holding them hostage? Like I said all the battles with the salamanders were easy but the one under the trap door has been my demise. When I take Swallow is it suppose to remove hit points from me? I took it and my red bar goes down instead of up. how come? What about blizzard is that suppose to take away hit points from me? Thanks for your help.

Sherryah
EDIT......................
I understand now the potions can be toxic so that is why I get hurt right? Good news I defeated the hard battle in the hideout under the trap door. Now my real problem is that evil hell hound. I saved Abigail and we don't even get a chance to save before the hell hound comes from the flames. Blizzard will not let me use group very effictively. What is the secret to kill this hell hound and all these evil mutts? died now 3 times. Thanks in advance.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 01:28 AM

I put a lot of points in the igni spell which makes everything pretty easy. I use the spell, then run in and use the sword while the igni spell regenerates. I hardly ever use blizzard potion - for me I found it good in a group when I was hopelessly outmatched and as a last resort, but it doesn't let you do some of the fancy moves. As far as the hell hound and minions, don't let yourself be too close or surrounded by them - click on an area away from them and Geralt will leap away. How much leaping around he can do may be affected by the skills you have selected. Good luck!

Edit: Sorry, forgot you don't have igni that early in the game. But you do have the other spell that brushes stuff back that's useful to keep things from overwhelming you.

For game questions though everybody, may I ask that you post on the Witcher spoiler thread, or start a new thread please? It's confusing for people that need to look up information later to have the game stuff on the install thread.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 01:44 AM

Thanks Nickie and I will start asking my questions over there. Good advice though.

Sherryah

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 01:57 AM

Thanks!

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 03:31 AM

Sherryah- grin

You will find a lot of Salamanders in the swamp in # 3, you will have several quests to do, and also in the sewers in Vizima in #3.

Hope this helps and glad that you are having fun.

maggie wave

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 06:35 PM

Maggie thanks for letting me know but I still can't kill the hell hound. sad

The closest I got was killed every dog and only hell hound left and than he goes and calls another evil dog and I get killed.

This is really frustrating me smashpc and there is nothing else to do in the game since I am locked into this flaming part of the game. Good thing I saved inside the cave but having to hear the same speech over agan and again is driving me insane

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 07:15 PM

Sherryah, that drove me nuts too. Sometimes you can click through it.

I had to run around like a hamster to kill the Beast. I'd kill all or most of his minions, but then Geralt would be low on health.

Be sure to take a Swallow potion first to help with that.

I found I could whack them a few times and then run run run while Geralt healed, and repeat. luck

Re: Witcher install question - 11/11/08 08:06 PM

If you can't get an oil to put on your sword, have you used a whetstone on it? Might give you the edge you need (sorry).

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/11/08 09:22 PM

Hi guys, I have another question. When you are upgrading your skills, if I took both Tempest 1 and Tempest 2 (which are the same thing just on different branches), are the benefits cummulative? Or is it a waste?

Also, before I needed them, I couldn't get away from Zoltan. Now that I need him, I can't find him. Do you remember any place where he hangs out besides the Hairy Bear? thanks
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/11/08 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: looney4labs

Also, before I needed them, I couldn't get away from Zoltan. Now that I need him, I can't find him. Do you remember any place where he hangs out besides the Hairy Bear? thanks

You can usually find Zolton walking around town in the daytime. Generally in the area between the hospital and Vivendi's house.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/11/08 09:38 PM

thanks Oldman

I've been running around but so far can't find him. I'll concentrate on that area. wave

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 04:46 AM

Nickie, I am so yay I defeated the hell hound. I couldn't
believe it the trick is to kill him first and the others
automatically died.

Now I am in jail and I stink at playing dice. Fighting bare fisted I haven't learned yet either and this big tub of lard I am suppose to fight. Oh well lets see what happens next.

I am so glad you recommended this game.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 05:42 AM

Sherryah thumbsup

I am so glad you deafeted the hell hound, it was not easy at times. It is easy to fight, just keep the one fist up to block and kick him out. You will beat him and then wind up with a proper sword and the go down into the sewers. You won't need a light if you take Sigfried up on his help, which is good I think.
I could not kill the regular dogs, I am not a dog owner, but have a cat and love her to death. I could kill the ones with the hell hound, that was different. Don't forget to go to the Dungeon after and get all your stuff, or the guy will steal it.
Good luck and give him a punch for me.

maggie wave yay

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 06:20 AM

In case anyone else who reads this has trouble with the Hellhound: the trick is indeed to focus on the big hound and not his minions, but you must do this by first stunning him with Aard. While he is stunned, it's pretty easy to whack him, but you might have to do it more than once, so quickly drink some Swallow too, beause his bite is big!

Regarding the fist fight in the dungeon: Don't worry if you lose, the lardy guy will get to go first, but will get killed in the sewers, after which they will send you down.

Enjoy!

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 06:37 AM

that is exactly how I won that hard battle. I spelled him and than killed him the rest died with the hell hound. As for the cocktrice that was a easy battle. Now after the sewer I went to the detective and only had a silver sword which can't help you in the ambush at midnight so I died and reloaded. I am exploring the city hoping to get my witcher sword back. Should I go to the prison after the sewer fight?

Maggie this is such a great game it is nice to just take time to enjoy all the small quests.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 06:42 AM

Zoltan is also sometimes in Vivaldi's house. smile

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 07:12 AM

Sherryah, did you go back to jail to fetch your confiscated inventory yet? I'm almost certain your sword is also still there amongst your goodies.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 07:33 AM

thumbsup

I am at Chapter 4 now, and taking my time with it. The countryside and the lakeside are very beautiful, even at low graphics resolutions, and even though they are infested with monsters.

insane
I have been playing this game obsessively for 2 weeks, and before this game I was playing Sacred 2 like a madman for several weeks. After I fell sick last week, I decided I am going to take things a bit slower for the time being.

sick

I am playing Pandora's Box along with this game. Now at level 7, with about 16 more puzzles and the final challenge to go.

catrub

I love cats!

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 11:36 AM

Oh, my. That Witcher's silver sword is the best sword you will have for a long, long, time. It's for monsters, so make sure you have it. Do make sure you go back to the jail to get your Witcher's steel sword too.

Re: Witcher install question - 11/12/08 03:02 PM

Sherryah, I couldn't believe I was thrown in jail. I was really confused when I came out of the sewer into the Temple District and went back trying to figure out how to get back to the jail. But, you can't get out that way. So just find the prison on your map and go get your stuff. I was so happy to get my stuff back.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 03:27 PM

Please do take care of yourself Benedict! Hope you're feeling better.
Chapter four was my favorite of the game. I just loved admiring the scenery and didn't want to leave that chapter.

L4L, if the game will let you select II, then you don't need I. For some things you will have to select the first before the second will become available.

Edit: Sherryah, sorry I missed your post - that's great! For early on in the game, that was one tough fight!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 05:20 PM

Thanks Nickie, I was really just wondering if it would be to my benefit to take both--would the percentages stack up so to speak.

I have another question. Earlier in the game I partially cleaned out the Spider worshipers in the sewer, but then I stopped cos I thought that might be a potential quest and I would miss it if I killed them all too early.

So, will I miss anything if I go ahead and clean them out?

Also, I can select as a talent "Draw from places of Power twice a day." I know what the place of power is and that it increases sign strength, but I'm not sure what "draw from" means. Does it mean I can increase sign strength twice a day, or I can do it without having to find the place of power, or what? confused

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 06:32 PM

I got my stuff back from jail and I am now a happy camper. Benedict we are all rooting for you to have a speedy recovery from your illness.

I also laid aside Sacred 2 in favor of Witcher. I want to make some crimfield oil but I am told I am missing an ingredient. Can we not buy crimfield oil in the city? I tried from the herbalist in town. What ingredient is normally missing? I have the grease.
I am in chapter 2.

One other question I don't understand what we get when we touch the blue power places, will someone please explain it? The standing stones I thought would give me a new ability to spell but when I touch them it doesn't seem anything happens. What is suppose to happen?

The only spell I have is the one I started out with. How do I get the ability to get the 2nd spell catagory? The one I want starts with a Ig-- LOL can't remember but you will know.

Big hugs to all from Ireland
Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 06:37 PM

Sherryah, open your journal and click on formulas. Then you can see what the ingredients for the oil is and check to see which one or ones you don't have.

The blue power revs up your "sign" power for 5 hours after touching it if you perform the Ritual of Magic.

There is a ring of standing stones that is the same as in the beginning, so if you touch it you don't get anything because you already have that sign.

To get the Igni spell, you have to find the circle of stones that has that sign. You should be finding it soon on a quest.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 11:32 PM

L4L, I just cleaned out the Spiders, myself, so I don't know if it's part of a larger quest. I suspect that it's just a little side questy-thing you get if you find that note, unless it's a quest related to the Order, which I've never joined.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/12/08 11:44 PM

Ahhh, I do have the note--so maybe I'll go back in and finish it up wave

I've been in the swamp--but had to come back because my inventory is full. No point of killing stuff is you have to leave the loot behind!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 03:20 AM

Thanks L4L for explaining about the stones and igni sign. Is the swamp very hard?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 04:08 AM

Oh, yes. The swamp is deadly, especially at night! Drowners, drowned dead, echinops, bloedzingers and the dreaded archeospore! Yikes!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 04:13 AM

Wow! should I buy the talisman that repels Drowners? Don't know if I am ready for the swamp yet. LOL

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 05:17 AM

Hi Sherryah smile

I certainly used the talisman early-ish in the game but later, when I got super (or maybe over ?) confident, I took it off and yelled "Hah !! Come Get Me" !! cool

'Course, being too cocky by half I soon learned my lesson rotfl

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 05:21 AM

lol I can recall feeling quite invincible, and then being flattened by an island full of wyverns!

L4L, that was what I was saying. I don't think it is to your advantage -I don't think it's cumulative- but I could be wrong. After a while you have so many bronze talents you can fill in the blanks just in case - every time I've played I've wound up with lots of bronze talents unused.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 01:28 PM

My game told me to leave the Spider Worshippers Cult until chapter 3.!
Remember that if one has too many things in the Potion ingregients part of your inventory it is possible to find a fireplace and meditate to make potions.

If the top part of the inventory is full then look to see if there is any food you can eat to strengthen your vitality. I always try carry a sandwich or two for that purpose.

In the swamp most monsters increase in number around whatever place you are attempting to reach. If they are gathered groups I knock them over with Aard then step on them and dispatch them. Most remains contain ingredients for potions - although it makes me grin to find Orens on some. grin

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 03:29 PM

Ohh, the swamp at night is too much fun!

I was bouncing along, having fun, killing Drowners and Drowned Dead and having no problem at all.

All of a sudden, there was a wyvern who I also dispatched handily.

Sauntered along a bit more--saw the island with the wyverns--drew one off and whomped on him.

Went back to do it again, and whomp!

Suddenly there were 3 or 4 Wyverns, a bunch of drowned dead, drowner,evil plant things, and ghouls and aghouls all intent on making me their next meal. It's a good thing that Geralt runs fast!

I also learned Not to meditate in the swamp as the only time I did that I "woke up" surrounded by big ole monsters lol

At least until now, the drowners haven't been too bad. And when you kill them, you get experience points. Level up time!

Thanks Nickie, I assumed they weren't cumulative, but I didn't want to miss a good thing if they were.

Do you get Silver Talents based on where you are in the game? I've gotten 2 so far, and more bronze. We need a transmutation spell wink

Thanks Alice, I'll do that then.

I get a big kick out looting houses in the city. You can go in anywhere and loot and the people don't say anything--not even the thugs.

The other thing I get a laugh about is waking people up in the middle of the night to talk to me lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 03:39 PM

And most of them aren't grouchy, just matter of fact, what do you want. It's pretty funny.
Ah, so you found wyvern island. Fun! Lots of points there if you can do it.
I don't know if it's a certain point in the game, or a certain level where the silver talents and then gold appear. headscratch

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 03:52 PM

Yep, I will go back in for sure--but think I'll do it in the daytime. Or else I'll just keep trying to draw them out one at a time :Lol:

I don't think I 'll do the wolf contract though--well, I won't unless they attack me and then all bets are off!

How much dog tallow do you need for the dog contract? I haven't taken the contract yet--thought I'd collect tallow first and then do it.

I'm assuming if you take a contract and then don't do it, there is no penalty?

I did the dryad yesterday. If hubby saw that, he would be stealing my game lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/13/08 04:10 PM

lol Know what you mean about going green.
No penalty for not taking the wolf or dog contracts - you just don't get the points. The contracts are just available for that purpose, and not necessary for the game story line. In one of the caves you do have to kill wolves that are trying to eat you, and I had to take the headphones off. And I tried to outrun most of them, just didn't want to kill them. I didn't do either contract, so don't know about the tallow, didn't realize that would suffice.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 02:04 AM

Nickie, I know what you mean about the headphones. Eeeek!

I just gritted my teeth and got it over with!

I did the dog quest and you only need
Click to reveal..
6 pots of dog tallow.
I found all the pots in the town--no animals hurt in the pursuit of this quest.

I did go back to
Click to reveal..
Gramps for some mayhem, but I don't get the choice to kill him anymore.

I was a bit stuck, but managed to finish this one quest which in turn has opened up some more. It will be interesting to see how much I can play in the next few days.

I guess I could just forgo sleep and play at night when everyone else is asleep rotfl

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 02:36 AM

I cannot bring myself to kill the good dogs no matter how many experience points they offer. I used up the 3 pots of dog tallow I found in the houses accidently in potions. Dog tallow is the fat from the body of the dead dog right? Gross!

Lets hope the younger generation who have a tendency to mimic what they see don't get any ideas.That is the one part of the game I highly object too to condone killing innocent dogs. I have no problem killing animals that hurt my character though, bring them on! Wolves until recently were going extinct and unless they attack me I hate killing them. Don't know if I will do that quest. In sacred 2 they have us going on their territory and killing them and now I see the repeat in the Witcher game also. Strange trend if you ask me. Anyway good thing we are not penalized for not completing contracts. Just my opinion thanks for letting me vent.

Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 02:44 AM

Sherryah, I don't see the reason to kill dogs either, and I'm very glad that is an optional quest. It's not necessary to complete the game. I found all the tallow before I took the contract. It is sad what some folks do for fun.

I don't like killing wolves either, but it does seem to be "normal" in RPGs. I haven't played many, but I think you've had to kill wolves in every one.

There is one area where you will have to kill the wolves though--but they will attack you first. Turn your sound down though. The sounds were distressing.

I don't know what I will do tomorrow when I have to return to "real" life sad

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 03:10 AM

Unfortunately, it's in the nature of RPG's to make choices that involve killing things, including human beings. Witcher will force you to make uncomfortable choices. But that's why the game is so compelling.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 06:16 AM

Well said Hagatha.

L4L, regarding gramps:
Click to reveal..
If you go to his table while he's eating, that should spark a conversation about killing him, unless you've already had the conversation. Anyway, if you don't kill him, he has a great potion called hangman's venom, or something like that which he'll give you - anyway, get that formula if you're still there, most helpful

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 07:16 AM

Sherrayah, regarding the doggy tallow quest - I also was shocked, and thought - what were they thinking!

Luckily, this is only an optional quest, and if you were only going to kill the doggies for exp., there is bucketloads more exp. to be gained in the sewers and the swamp. (Also the crypt if you already have access to it)

If you need tallow, to complete the quest with, keep in mind that this game gives ABSOLUTELY NO penalty for looting. I even looted Ramsmeats' containers and closets right under his nose, and he did not budge! I just walk into any house, ignore the people in it, and loot all their containers - they don't seem to mind! - and there you will get dog-tallow and flintstones amongst food and other goodies.

Just remember to drop collected tallow off at the Inn-keeper asap, so that you don't inadvertantly use the tallow when making sword-coatings. smile

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/14/08 08:43 AM

Some posts have been edited to delete content that may be objectionable in nature, including comments made about an organization. If you have questions about why your post was edited, please read the FAQ for this site, and then email me if you have further questions.
Wide latitude is given on this forum for conversation, but let's try to not stray too far away from the game playing itself. Thanks!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 03:55 AM

I am having a new problem that is irrating me. When I go to save a game in the enhanced version it takes me 2 minutes at least to get to the menu where the game can be saved. After I hit the save empty spot it quickly saves. Has anyone else had this problem? It use to save my game quickly. I even deleted alot of old save game spots thinking that was the problem but nothing changed. Thanks for the advice Moondancer. Thanks to whoever replies to this.

sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 04:20 AM

Sherryah-

No, I have never had that problem at all.

Good Luck

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 04:40 AM

Gads, that would be irritating. In my 3 1/2 plays through this game I've never had this problem either. I was going to suggest you delete old save games, but you've already this. Boy, I hope someone else can help you.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 04:59 AM

Thanks for your reply really strange it just started happening. Anyway maybe you can help me with something else I need to know. I am trying to fill the contract with the drowned dead in chapt.2 and needing 10 tongues to prove I have killed them. however all I get is brains from the drowners. Where are the drowned dead or are they the same as the drowners? Where can I find the drowned dead if they are not the same as a drowner? Thanks in advance.

Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 05:41 AM

Sherryah- grin

I found the tongues in the swamp, that is where I got most of them. Found some in the graveyard too, but did not get into it until chapter 3, the swamp is a good place and also a good place is the sewer. I think Drownerss and Drowned Dead are the same, but I could be wrong.

Good Luck

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 06:16 AM

The drowned dead are very strong downers- look the same but they'll be identified as the drowned dead. You'll find them in the swamp or out of other water places, just like the drowners. To get the tongues, you have to have read the Swamp Monsters book. You'll find that a lot with different monsters - you get some ingredients, but you'll have to read the books to get other ingredients that are particularly helpful for quests, etc.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 08:05 AM

Thanks thats the problem I even killed the drowned dead and did not get the tongues. Now I realize I have to read the book. Do you know who has that book? Also I found the canibal's house in the swamp by any chance is that gramps hut? he gets on my nerves when I tried to help him moving so slow so I dumped him and restarted a save game.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 08:59 AM

Sherryyah, you do have to help Gramps in the Swamp if you want a certain recipe (and it's a very good one -- well worth the effort). If you like, you can clear the path to the Shrine he needs to get to first, then come back and get him.

Check with the Antiquary in the City for the book of ingredients for Swamp creatures. In the first couple of Chapters, I spent most of my money on alcohol for potions and books. Having those alchemy ingredients can make your life a lot easier.

I found that in order to Save or Load reasonably quickly -- even in Enhanced -- I could only play with about 30-50 game saves at any time. I just copied the rest of them to another folder. Otherwise I spent a lot of gaming time twiddling my thumbs waiting for the menu screens.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 05:17 PM

Hagatha - how do you save games to a different folder?

Last time I played was doing very well, had even downed the Golem, when Windows dumped me on the desktop. Could not understand why until I opened my e-mail programme to find two e-mails waiting to the opened - two I didn't want, either.

Almost dread playing again. Can't today as it's time to take orders from Mr. P.

Oh well - one day I just might complete this game - hope before Christmas.

Night, night.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 05:53 PM

Alice, I just moved a bunch of my Witcher saves.

I made a new folder and named it Witcher back up saves and put it on my desktop (so I could find it).

The I navigated to my witcher save folder.

Selected the saves to move. Highlighted them. Then dragged them to the new back up folder on my desktop leaving only a few most recent ones in the Save folder for the game.

I was getting really really slow loads to and it improved once I did that.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 11:29 PM

Thank you so much Hagatha! I feared I had to do a re install. Please tell me how did you make another folder?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/15/08 11:35 PM

Sherryah, do you have XP? or Vista?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 12:03 AM

Thanks L4L now I know what to do and glad I am not the only one this is happening too. Bizzare never had this happen in a game before. Big hugs from Ireland

Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 01:55 AM

I also had some game crashes, but most of those occurred in Chapter 4, in the Village area.

I did have a few crashes in the earlier Chapters, though, and some horrible slowdowns. As long as I made sure that my Saves folder wasn't too full I managed.

I also have trouble with my anti-virus programme, Norton, which starts itself up at the worst possible times. Whenever my game went into a slowdown, I had to exit, turn off Norton's scanning, and re-enter the game. A lot of the time the slowdowns were from that.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 02:03 AM

Hagatha, can you change the time that your Norton scan is starting.

Sherryah, I think the problem is that the saves are pretty big. I had almost 4 gigabytes of saves. wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 02:44 AM

L4L Sorry just seen your question. I have Vista 32 and over 400 of Gig space left on hard drive. Don't understand even with the huge game saves this would effect my hard drive. I am going to delete most all of them and try it again. They don't make it easy to delete games its time consuming. Is there an easier way?

EDIT................
BTW is there a way we can find out who the cannibal is that lives in the hut in the swamp forest? I am in Chapter 2? Is there any reward for killing the cannibal?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 03:45 AM

Sherryah, have you encountered the fine old gentleman who needs an escort in the swamp? No reward from anyone for killing him... You can get some stuff if you do or if you leave him alive, you get a potion forumla.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherryah
L4L Sorry just seen your question. I have Vista 32 and over 400 of Gig space left on hard drive. Don't understand even with the huge game saves this would effect my hard drive. I am going to delete most all of them and try it again. They don't make it easy to delete games its time consuming. Is there an easier way?

EDIT................
BTW is there a way we can find out who the cannibal is that lives in the hut in the swamp forest? I am in Chapter 2? Is there any reward for killing the cannibal?

To backup and delete saves in Vista you can go to Documents/The Witcher/saves. I generally rename "saves" to saves.old then create a new saves folder and cut and paste the highest numbered save into the new saves folder. You then have only the current save and your old ones backed up.

As far as killing the cannibal he drops some pretty neat stuff plus you get pretty good exp points. (Watch for spitting trees though.)

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 06:54 AM

I still think it's better to let Gramps live. The alchemy recipe he has is one of the best in the game.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 08:10 AM

Thanks for all your tips. Where do I find the canibal? also how do I kill that plant in chapt.2 swamp? it always kills me! Do I use my metorite sword or silver sword? I don't know which book to buy to tell me.

Your right I had 150 saves I deleted! Now the save menu comes up quickly. Bad thing is my map turns black right before a crash so when I see the map turn black I save and exit the game. At witcher forum I read others have this problem and no one seems to know why.

Last question I just used 4 talents and had no option to raise my intelligence since it is already 2. When do I get to raise it again?

Thanks Hagatha I guess I will let gramps live he isn't the canibal is he?

hugs and gratitude to all from Ireland
Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 10:50 AM

Have you taken Gramps to the shrine? Have you gone back to Gramp's hut to talk to him yet?

The Silver Witcher's Sword is always used for monsters. The Steel Sword is only for humans. Try Igni on that archeospore - it's a very tough one to kill if that's the one, but is a trophy for Vincent.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 02:29 PM

Help (again - but it is a sort of scream this time).

May have mentioned before, I find it helpful to print out this thread. Been so mixed up with other things I hadn't done so.

Usually start from page one (in the 'white' version as offered at the top of the thread). It will now print the first 6 pages, which would be pages 1 to half of page 3 and stops. Cannot start again and ask for pages 7 to 10. Am completely flumoxed (spelling?). rolleyes

My precious freetime is nearly over duh

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 02:56 PM

Sherryah, how did you find out about the cannibal?

Click to reveal..
Yep, Gramps is indeed the cannibal and is quite blatant about it.

Edit: I've found the best way to kill that plant is to torch it and then whack at it on Fast with the silver sword. Take some Tawny Owl and some Swallow. If your vitality goes down too far, run away and then come back and go at them again.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 06:44 PM

L4L I accidently found the caninbal hut and figured out it was the old man because of what he says about meat and being hungry.
I let him live and got the new recipe. I hate the idea of letting him live to eat other people but since that is recommended I have done it. No I haven't taken him to the shrine and it is not being given to me as an option.

How do I open up that option to be taken to a shrine? what shrine? All the options are greyed out and it was about him living and why he is a canibal.

The other question is I don't have igni and haven't been able to progress any higher in my spell even though I am level 13. How do I get the igni that is mentioned here as a great weapon against that spore plant?

Thanks again for all your help it makes the game more fun.

Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 09:37 PM

Once you talk to Gramps in the hut, you no longer have the option of doing the quest. He was standing near the docks where the path forks with his dog when you first came off the boat. At that point if you click on him, he'll ask for you to take him to the shrine. There's a shrine to the northwest from the docks. Forgotten the name, melitele? Something like that.

I've forgotten where you get the igni spell though, sorry. I think maybe in the swamp cave? Or was it the sewers? Somebody for sure will come by that remembers, I bet.

Threads, I don't know anything about the printing process, but I think your question could easily be answered in the glitches forum, ok? Hope you're feeling a little better!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 11:21 PM

Sherryah, have you done Mikul's quest--Buried Memories?
Click to reveal..
You have to do that one to get Igni
wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/16/08 11:23 PM

Sherryah, I can't remember where the Igni spell is, but make sure you explore every place you can get to. I'm pretty sure you get it in the Sewers somewhere, as I have always had it the first time I go to the Swamp. It's probably down in the Sewers. Igni will make life in the Swamps possible, otherwise it's a tough go. I would recomend staying in the City for a while, to do as many of the easier quests first.

In order to get the higher skill trees Geralt has to have Silver tokens, not Bronze. Third and fourth level skills require Silver, and Fifth level skills require Gold. You won't get any Gold until you're at level 30, but Silver starts at 20.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 12:03 AM

If you missed the location that L4L told you about, don't worry. I just replayed that part - it is also available in a different location- the sewers in Chapter 2 (and Chapter 3).

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 12:31 AM

Thanks everyone you have been a big help.
I am now level 14 and I finally killed the spore plant for the trophy for vincent. also killed 2 wyrven and found Wryven island but teleported out of there.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 03:13 AM

Sounds like you're doing great!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 03:29 AM

Sherryah- thumbsup

Anyone who has books, steal them and read them, any quests in front of the taverns, get those and right click to read. There is a guy who sells books in town, buy them if you can't find them, right click to read and them sell them back to him. Vivaldi has two books you need, but you need the quest from the Old Hag in the swamp or she will tell you about such books. I think the book seller too. Ask everyone that may have such thing. Read all books and then sell back.

Good Luck

maggie wave luck

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 03:52 AM

Hi smile

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer .... I installed my "enhanced" Witcher and now have the bug all over again .... as though I ever lost it !! rotfl

[I still "need to defrag" regularly as was the case with the original Witcher version - and I still have no idea why - but there ya go - Can't have everything !! wink ]

Had to uninstall Morrowind, too, to fit Witcher on my machine, but I don't mind. I love Morrowind so much, that going over old ground when I reinstall it will be a pleasant experience and certainly not a chore grin

So, watch out swampsters. Another Witcher is on your trail !! lol

Cheers.

Mad yes

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 04:24 AM

So that's the swishing sound I heard in the swamp earlier! It was your sword, Mad!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 06:44 AM

Maggie, the quest you're talking about - you hear about the books from Kalkstein initially I believe.

Drac, what do you mean swamp? I'm preeety sure I saw you guys at the Inn. Anyway, that lamp shade looked awfully familiar. lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 07:55 AM

Hi smile

You could very well be seeing that lampshade doin' some lonely bobbing in the swamp in the future .... if those creatures get me !! lol

But I'm not as far as the swamp yet. Still completing quests in the "outskirts" of the first village - and in fact just spent half an hour in a cave where I found nothing but mushrooms woozy

Think I'd better go talk to some more people yes

[Great to be Witchering again happydance]

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 12:29 PM

Darn! We're busted. Yes, that was us at the inn, but it was Mad with the lampshade!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 04:45 PM

Glad you're back playing too Mad! Now Drac and I can point and say it was Mad, not us, doing the limbo at the Inn. rotfl And Sherryah and Maggie are there as well - and certainly appear to be having a good time. I think I saw Benedict and some other Boomers there too, but they were trying to be inconspicuous. Moondancer went out on a contract I think. Has anyone spotted Marian?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 04:51 PM

I've been lurking. grin

(And real life has been keeping me busy--I'm still in chapter one of The Witcher, but am just about ready to join Geralt again!) smile

I'm so glad that all of you will be here to advise me! thumbsup

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 04:52 PM

Just have to hope the wine is of good quality at the inn then .... otherwise this bimbo no limbo .... wink

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 05:06 PM

I hear tell there is some excellent wine in an old abandoned house not too far away Mad. laugh

Great Marian! I was hoping we didn't lose you in the swamp. eek

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 10:41 PM

Hah !! Yes, I remember that house, nickie, thank you shame .... and rather vividly lol

I've got a question now ....

If I use my 3 meteorite pieces and get a new steel sword, am I no longer able to use my fancy Witcher combat moves with it ??

I thought I would be able to - but I just tried an "upgrading" and although the new sword's description says it's "been meteorited" it doesn't say it's compatible with the special Witcher moves eek

[I can change back to my old one because I saved right before I did the deed - I just wanted to see if anyone could actually say Yay or Nay for sure, first grin]

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 10:56 PM

Mad, that's a great question! I can't tell you though. I did get a forged sword, but I dropped it somewhere to pick up another one, and when I went back to get it, it was gone!

Oh well--it's only money lol wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/17/08 11:04 PM

Hi looney4labs smile

I will wait a little longer then - but thanks for responding thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 02:35 AM

Yes Mad, he can still do the fancy moves with it.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 09:51 AM

YES mad, you still have your special moves and when you use gramps at the swamp hangman potion, the humans don't have a chance. I love my blue metorite sword. Next I intend to make the silver sword in tha rune sword, just need one more rune. Anyone know where I can find one? Does it cost alot to upgrade the silver sword?

This is fun hunting with all of you. When I killed that spore plant I woke my husband shouting for joy aloud! uhmm he said congratulations since he saw me die trying to fight it at least 6 times, and promptly went back to sleep. rotfl

Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 10:51 AM

Hi - and thanks mucho to you both for that confirmation. I will keep my new sword then !! bravo

[I'm astounded at just how much I've forgotten since my play of the original Witcher think]

But .... I also have another question grin

I thought I read somewhere that in this enhanced game, weapons could be taken from defeated foes and held in inventory to be sold on for cash but I am finding that I can still only hold one extra weapon at a time woozy

Is this right, please ??

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 12:35 PM

Yes, Mad, it appears to be correct. I wish we could carry around more than that to sell too...

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 01:38 PM

That's funny Sherryah! What a kind, understanding husband! Have you been to the swamp cave yet? Can't remember for sure if there was a rune there or a meteorite. They're both hard to come by in battles, although you can buy them occasionally. Thaler might have one.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 03:05 PM

Hi - and thank you Draclvr thumbsup

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/18/08 09:26 PM

Hi guys, been happily whacking things in the swamp. Those wyvern and drowners and ghouls just won't stay dead.

Anyway, I have a question or two.

I have an unknown potion--any way to find out what it is?

Also, I have turned down the Order--do I have to join the squirrels to get the plot to continue?

puppy

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 02:05 AM

Thanks Nickie. I also need to know along with L4L I am turning down the order if anything I want to fight on the dwarves side. I like the short people better than the elves. I found some elves out in the swamp forest and they were rude and nobody talked to me. I first saw the scout. Whats up with that?

One thing that really concerns me I have been in the sewer looking for the igni spell. All I saw of interest there was a bandit on the other side of rubble I could not reach. I cleared out the crypt in the sewer. Please can someone remember where they found the igni spell for sure?

To answer another question I haven't been in the swamp cave yet. Going to head that way next.

What am I doing wrong Shana forgot her name, won't invite me to a party. I see her at the hospital and she says see me at home. I go there and get the same dialogue that is greyed out. What do I have to do to get that party dialogue where I am suppose to bring the wine, according to some hints given?

Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 02:10 AM

Sherryah, you can get the Igni spell if you do Mikul's quest in the crypt.

You can also find it down in the sewers. Did you try blasting that rubble away so you can get to that bandit?

I didn't get the party dialogue until after I did the autopsy. Have you done that yet? wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 02:33 AM

You can remain neutral but eventually there's pressure to join a side (or you can fight everybody). In the four times I've played I have to confess I have never been able to bring myself to join the Order.

The elves and the dwarves are all on the same side. You can get the elves much friendlier Sherryah - if you found the elves, find Yaevinn and talk to him - he has a couple quests for you. Hard to see him in camp, press the "alt" button.

Regarding the Igni stone, it's in the Lionhead Spider Cult crypt. There are two crypts in the sewers on the northwest side, the other of which will be involved in a quest. This crypt is directly north of where you killed the cockatrice (west of the crypt you're at I think, or are you at the right one?), and you need to find a dead body elsewhere in the sewers that has a key to it. Here's a map to help you if you need it.

Remember that games play differently according to your choices. You may not get things in your game that someone else does because of that. The first time I played the game I never was invited to that party either. Can't remember what triggers all that though, so perhaps someone else will remember.

L4L, not sure, but I think it has to do with either a skill or a book or formula in regards to the unknown potions. I had some in my inventory that were unknown, and a while later they were identified. Just not sure how that happened, but I thought it was because I did a quest and someone gave me a formula, but that's only a guess because I didn't notice until I wasn't doing anything in particular.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 02:36 AM

Thanks L4L wasn't Mikuls quest in chapter 1? I did kill the drowners is that what you mean? Where is Mikul in chapter 2? Do you mean the con artist and getting his family heirlooms back? I finished that quest if that is what you mean and found out why his name is con artist. I was so made after I gave him the stuff I tried to kill him and the game wouldn't let me. LOL

I tried to blast away the rubble maybe I need to try it again and stand closer?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 02:48 AM

Sherryah, you must have been writing at the same time I was and didn't see the above. Mikul's quest was in the crypt in chapter one. But if you missed picking up the igni spell there, you have the opportunity in chapters two and three to pick it up again in the sewers (location above).
The con man doesn't have anything to do with it, except he's really irritating.

Just remembered - if you are in the right crypt, I do think there was a wall you had to knock down, now that you mention it. The walls that you can knock down look just a bit different from the ones you can't.

Edit: Yes, you do. Here is a map from a different site that shows where you have to knock down the wall in the spider cult crypt.
Posted By: Templeton Peck

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 09:40 PM

Does anyone have some tips for someone just starting out?

Like some basic things to watch out for? How to distribute talents properly?

I notice it gets really specific with the weapon types and attack types. I'm wondering where it's best to distribute talent points.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 10:12 PM

Templeton, distributing points is probably a function of how you like to develop your characters.

I always like to use magic, so I'm building that up as much as I can, and then took as much as I could in Group Silver and Group Steel as I figured I would often be faced with groups.

Then I built up the other attributes as I could. I think before it is over, you will have lots of bronze ones.

Yes, the type of attack is really important. If you are attacking and not getting results, change the type of attack-it can make a big difference. wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/19/08 11:00 PM

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that getting to know what the unknown potions were involved a very high skill in the intelligence tree. Sherryah, use your Aard to blast away that stone where you saw the guy. Igni is very effective against the Echinops and later on those big nasty things that come up out of the ground in chapter 4 - don't remember what they are called.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/20/08 04:25 AM

bravo I did find the igni and killed all the spider cult. I needed the cat potion and more than one because for some reason our torch doesn't work in that kind of darkness. Thanks Nickie for the map and everyone elses advice. I have built up the igni to level 2. level 15 now.

I am in serious trouble though I CAN'T kill innocent cute dogs. They sit at my feet, and lay just tempting me. I know its just a game but I just can't bring myself to use my imagination in this way. I just paid Raymond the 200 oren and need to do an autopsy on the body but there is no body. I need to get that from the grave digger right? Will I need to complete the dog tallow quest to get the body released? Isn't there anywhere else I can get dog tallow without killing these dogs? I am stuck here otherwise. Why couldn't they have asked for dogs with rabies, I could do that easy. help

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/20/08 06:47 AM

You do not have to kill any dogs, nor do you have to do the contract to kill the dogs (or use dog tallow).If you want to do the quest, you can find dog tallow in barrels, cabinets, etc. and at some merchants. You don't have to do any of those extra quests in the game. It doesn't have anything to do with getting that body. You'll just have to let the game progress - when you have that quest highlighted, where does it say to go on the mini-map? Who have you talked to? Talk to all the main folks.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/20/08 08:21 AM

Sherrayh- thumbsup

Don't feel too bad, I could not kill the dogs either, so I let that one go. Nickie is right about finding dog tallow.

Good Luck

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/20/08 08:42 AM

Thanks Nickie but I have searched everywhere and no dog tallow. I had a few at beginning of game and accidently used them making potions for sword. Glad there is a way around this quest.

Maggie I am glad someone else needed another way out of this quest also. I swear the dogs come at me two at a time and dare me to kill them and even lay at my feet gnawing on a bone. lol I was so tempted I had even taken off my headphones ready to close my eyes and just hit. But I couldn't do it. So the dogs just got up wagging their tails and laughing at me. rotfl

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/20/08 01:59 PM

I've never done the dog tallow quest for that reason, Sheeryah! It doesn't affect the game at all.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/20/08 06:22 PM

I know the feeling Sherryah! lol I kept having a dog block the stairs up from the Inn, and it was growling at me. Still couldn't kill it, and just moved away, and it would leave. You would have laughed if you saw how much I had Geralt running away from wolves so I didn't have to kill them, even though they were trying to eat him!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/21/08 05:58 AM

Oh Nickie, wave thanks for sharing that. I just assumed you had done that quest. I am proud of all the Boomers that refused to do that quest for doggie lovers everywhere. I send a big hug out to you! hearts

I got in the graveyard like you said and saw someone special's corpse I won't name. One question it was past midnight by the time I was suppose to go and do the autopsy and the graveyard attendant didn't say he would be taking over the body even though I told him I saw the body. Will without the dialogue tree of graveyard attendent taking the body to the hospital still allow me to do an autopsy on the body? think

Is it ok to continue the autopsy quest the next day at midnight? Shani told me to meet her at her house and night but all she did was talk about the party. I had to reload a save game because if you break the quest of autopsy to go and party first, you lose the autopsy quest. think

Who is the most fun and interesting to bring to Shani's party? I am thinking of Carman but she charges 100 orens instead of being grateful for Geralts attention she looks on it like a job. I am insulted on behalf of Geralt for this. shame

When I face Raymond without doing the Autopsy quest he says dialogue about let him think it over, because I lied and told him I had messed up the autopsy, but I fail the autopsy quest. So again I learned my lesson and went back to a save game. I need all the experience points I can get.

Thanks in advance for your answers
Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/21/08 02:16 PM

Sherryah, you don't have a specific time period to get that autopsy done. I went several days before getting it done.

Eventually, I talked to the gravedigger and told him to deliver the body to the hospital. Once he does that, you can go to the hospital to meet Shani there. Once again, you don't have to do it immediately, at least I didn't.

You also don't have to do it on the stroke of midnight. I did it at 1 or 1:30 in the morning.

I know I gave the gravedigger gifts of alcohol several times. I don't know if that is the trigger though.

I took Zoltan to the party. I wonder who all you could take?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/21/08 05:00 PM

I think Carmen is probably the most fun to take to the party!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/21/08 08:08 PM

In Chapter 1, at the very beginning, in the outskirts of Vizima, where can one go to sell rings?

I can't seem to find anyone to take them to make some quick money.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/21/08 10:42 PM

I can't remember for sure, but I think Leuvaarden, the merchant shows up in the Inn at some point. He's a bit, fat guy in a gold robe. If not, you may have to either carry them around for a bit or store them with the Innkeeper until you encounter a merchant who will buy them.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/22/08 09:10 AM

You can also take Siegfried to the party, if you haven't made him mad by siding with the Squirrels. Siegfried shows his thoughtful, melancholoy side once he's had a few. It's worth taking him to the party just to see him giving Shani longing looks.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/22/08 04:13 PM

Hmmm.... Since I'm forcing myself to side with the Order this time, I may just have to give Siegfried a try at the party!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/22/08 05:22 PM

I've decided to try siding with The Order too !! eek

Wonder what's in store ?? Never actually found anyone who HAS sided with them lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Wonder what's in store ?? Never actually found anyone who HAS sided with them lol

Does that mean we all have subversive tendencies? grin

I'm sure somebody, somewhere, must have sided with the Order. I was going to in my third game but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 03:11 AM

Sherryah-

I have sided with the order several times, guess I am a subversive, I prefer the other side, but being human made more sense.

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 03:54 AM

Aha !! Found one !! maggie57 !! thumbsup

Now we'll know who to ask if we get stuck lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 06:09 AM

What did you find, Mad?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 07:06 AM

Hi Draclvr smile

I had posted earlier in this thread that I had never found anyone who had played on the side of The Order - then maggie57 came along and said she had - so now "one is found" lol

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 11:35 AM

Hi, I have always sided with the Order although have carefully remained neutral. (When I find time to play) Does that make me a 'Goody-Two-Shoes'? rotfl

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 03:51 PM

That's 2 puppy

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 04:07 PM

rotfl A test to see who's naughty or nice?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 05:03 PM

I'm really TRYING to be nice, but it's hard! The Order is so self-righteous.....

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 09:33 PM

Which camera view does everyone use?

Isometric or OTS?

I prefer the Isometric view (not the closer one) for fighting, much easier for me and more strategic.

I do like the OTS for walking around though, but it's harder to see what's coming and interact with things further away.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 11:48 PM

I use OTS because I want to be closer to the action. I rely on my Witcher medallion to warn me of danger.

I love that they give you the option in this game to play whatever view works best for each player.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/23/08 11:58 PM

Yep, me too, up close and personal. I forget to pay attention to the medallion though.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/24/08 01:09 AM

That's the problem with bigger monitors these days, you don't pay attention to half the screen laugh

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/24/08 02:04 AM

Er, I think it may be because my eyes are glued on Geralt. rotfl

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/24/08 05:29 AM

Now there's a blatant admission for you !!!! lol lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/24/08 06:21 AM

I know, I know, so predictable and shallow. lol

Drac, this time through the game I really tried to go with the Order. But when I got to that clearing, and met up with them, and Siegfried whined about the thorn in his foot or whatever, I just couldn't do it. For the first time though, I stayed neutral and let the squirrels battle it out without me.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/24/08 08:50 PM

I am in need of advice. I can't finish the detective quest until I am able to get the body from the caretaker of the graveyard. He asked me to do the dog tallow quest and of course I am not going to kill the dogs. I found Raymonds body in the crypt and told the caretaker about it. I have never had the dialogue tree about the body being sent for the autopsy by caretaker of graveyard.

I went to the hospital and talked to Shani and she said meet her at the hospital. I was late getting there at 1:00 am but Maggie said it didn't matter even if the quest was days later. However I did not find Shani at the hospital she was at home sleeping and did not give me the dialogue tree of the autopsy.

I returned again to the caretaker in the graveyard in the morning and still he does not give me any new options.

I have read where people are asked for booze by him. Yet that option hasn't come up. I proved everyone innocent and know who Raymond really is.

When I partied I broke the quest and had to go back to a save game again.

I want to finish the autopsy quest for more experience points. Please will someone tell me what to do that I must be missing something because I haven't been able to get the body. I looked in all the rooms at the hospital and I did hear the dying words of the prisoner saying the alchemist's name and the alchemist I proved innocent.

Please tell me does anyone have any idea what I am missing not to be able to get the prisoner body options from graveyard caretaker?

I know the quest is broken of I go to Raymond and tell him I botched the autopsy and lie about it. I don't want to break the quest.

Thanks in advance
Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/24/08 09:05 PM

Sherryah, Shani won't be at the hospital for the autopsy until the Geralt tells the gravedigger to bring the body to the hospital.

Have you exhausted every possible conversation with the grave digger possible, even if you've heard them before?

Can you initiate dialogue with him and then give him alcohol using the the present icon?

I know it took me awhile to get that one to trigger, but I don't really know exactly what did trigger it.

Have you talked to absolutely eveyone you can?

There is a book I bought from someone--maybe the Antiquarian--about anatomy. Have you bought and read that book?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 12:17 AM

Not just the anatomy one, but the zarkanian (?) insect book too, since that will allow Geralt to pinpoint you know who as the culprit.
Since everyone does stuff in different order, hard to tell you what will trigger the autopsy - I have wondered that since the first time I played and knew it was supposed to happen. For me this last time, what triggered it finally was talking to Vincent and Ramsmeat (and maybe Thaler telling him I found out he was innocent). Have you done that?
If you've done all those things and are still not getting a trigger, come back and we'll put our heads together trying to figure out what hasn't been done yet, okay?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 03:16 AM

Sherryah- grin

The gravedigger wants a bottle of Dwarven liquor, at least it did it for me. You are doing real good.

maggie wave

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 03:32 AM

Don't know what else to add - all of the above, Sherryah! The Dwarven liquor has also done it for me.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 06:52 AM

I did give the guy the dwarven liquor too, but it didn't trigger until I did the other. But of course, if you've done the other, that might be what you need. Did that make sense at all? lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 01:36 PM

Of course not! But the bad thing is - I understand it perfectly! lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 02:15 PM

Good thing! kissy

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 02:39 PM

I bought the dwarven liquor from the waitress at the Hairy Bell. You need to have a bottle in your inventory to trigger the correct dialogue.

Hope this helps.

At first I made the mistake of meditating and making potions before I went to the cemetary - which used up the dwarvern liquor - felt such a fool when I spoke to the Grave Digger. lol

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 03:19 PM

I've done that so many times, Alice! You'd think I'd remember to put that stuff into storage with the innkeeper, but noooo.... not me!

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 06:50 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions how to get the graveyard keeper to give me option to get the body. I have done all your suggestions and even gave the dwarven liquor without the option of him asking me. Yet all he did was get drunk and did not give me new options.

I bought and read both books, the insect one and the forensic book. Still no new options.

I have seen the body of raymond and already told him so. I was going to go back into the crypt and redo it again but the graveyard keeper doesn't give me the option anymore to get the keys again. I have clicked on all the old options and the only thing that I have not done is the dog tallow quest.

Anymore suggestions? I really didn't want to lose the experience points and break the quest but if someone doesn't have another way for me to hear the option to get the body so I can do the autopsy I am really stuck.

I also went back to the gardener and asked all the options and even fed him and yet he did not give me any new options.

I went back to Vincent and he did not give me any new options or offer to pay me to clear out the undead in the graveyard. The graveyard keeper said maybe he would offer payment and yet he does not.

Thanks in advance for all your help
Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/25/08 08:15 PM

I only have one suggestion. Have you gone back to Raymond and asked all the questions? Even though Raymond is dead, the guy that killed him is still there as his imposter.

Just checked again and it appears that you don't have to do both the grave diggers quest and the autopsy. I've never skipped the autopsy before but this walkthrough shows that you can continue the game without doing the autopsy. I don't think that your experience points suffers or you lose anything in the game by doing it without.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/26/08 12:36 AM

Is there a possibility that there's something else unfinished? You've collected all the runes (except for one) for the swamp?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/26/08 03:44 AM

Do I have to collect all the runes except for the swamp to finish the autopsy? Your right I don't have them all.

Oldman,thanks for letting me know if I don't figure this out my experince will not suffer much. I have returned to the fake Raymond and he asks me if I did the autopsy. I lie and say I messed it up, and he is not happy, and says he has to think of another plan and to come back. Words to that effect.

One more question I can't find the lumberjack camp where is it in the swamp? I opened everything up I think on the top of the map.

thanks again for all your help

hugs from Ireland
Sherryah

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/26/08 04:06 AM

Sherryah, the runes don't really have anything to do with the autopsy.
Click to reveal..
You need to collect all the runes but one. The last one you'll get from the fake Raymond. If you return to Raymond he will probably tell you to kill Ramsmeat. When you leave and come back you can lie and say you killed Ramsmeat and he'll give you the last rune and make arrangements to meet you at the tower.

The lumberjacks can be found here.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/26/08 04:46 AM

I know I didn't have all the runes when I did the autopsy this time, so I don't think that's the trigger. Not sure if this is important, but have you gone back to the hospital to talk to Shani? I seem to remember getting a book on how to do autopsies too.

Does, this walkthrough from GameBanshee help?

GameBanshee Walkthrough

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/26/08 05:58 AM

I know, but I can't guess what Sherryah hasn't done that might affect the other quest not triggering, and with all that interaction getting the runes maybe it would happen.

Sherryah, if I missed you answering this, sorry - when you click on that quest in your list, and click on the map to point your way, what is it pointing to?

Here's another really helpful walkthrough, just click the links on the left of the page from this link. Great maps on this site. gamepressure

Sorry Oldman, I just noticed your edit. So maybe if you find that body first you don't necessarily get the trigger for the autopsy?

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/26/08 06:07 PM

Thanks again but nothing I have done has triggered the autopsy. perhaps I shouldn't have found the body first is that the problem? I did tell the graveyard keeper about it and so he knows but never offered the body to me.

I did return to Shani and she first of all said autopsy is illegal and Geralt convinced her to do it for him. Words to that effect. Thats when I went to the graveyard and into the crypt and found true Raymond.

Oh well the fake Raymond says to come back later because he is mad because I lied and said I did the autopsy and messed it up. I am assuming he will still want to meet in the mage tower.

Thanks Nickie for another place for a walkthrough. I am checking it out now. I just found the dead messenger on Wyvern Island and killed all wyverns to get to look at the body. That sword was a beauty but I is the blue metorite sword better? It says it does 30 damage. Can I sell the ring or is it part of another mystery quest?

Sherryah

EDIT............................
WOW! Thanks Nickie the website you recommended for walkthroughs is fantastic. Beautiful map also. This is easier to understand than another I was using. Thanks Oldman also because I don't think I can get the autopsy dialogue since I found the body first. If anyone else found the body first and still got body of Raymond from graveyard keeper please let me know. For now I am not worrying about it anymore.

Re: The Witcher Enhanced, Spoilers May Abound - 11/27/08 02:06 AM

Good for you vanquishing the wyverns!!!! I think that ring is part of a minor quest - someone asks you to find the guy and retrieve the ring. It's one of those things where you may or may not run into the quest giver, and doesn't have anything to do with the main story line.
Can't recall about the swords, sorry. I didn't really see a big change in them until chapter four, even when I had put meteorites on it. But someone else may have had a different experience. Just make sure that whatever you use doesn't say not for Witchers.
I think it's smart of you to just move on in the game if it allows you to do so. Sometimes quests don't trigger at all, or certain scenes, because of what you have already done up to that point (not a glitch).
Glad you liked the walkthrough and those maps - one map was really helpful to me in a later chapter in the swamps.

This thread is getting bulky now to bring up, so I'm going to close it and start a new Witcher thread.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community