GB HOMEPAGE

Fallout 3 - (spoilers) [Merged Topics: GNR and Questions] (and teddys)

Posted By: flotsam

Fallout 3 - (spoilers) [Merged Topics: GNR and Questions] (and teddys) - 12/30/08 10:59 PM

Hi,
I have a problem getting back in to talk to three dog.
He gave me the radio repair quest, but before doing that I ended up in Rivet City as part of the survival guide quest, so picked up the trail of my father anyway. I located his lab and now need to go to Vault 112.
Before doing so, I fixed the radio relay and went back to three dog to complete that quest. However I can't get in. The door stays locked, although pressing the intercom says "its open, stop bugging me". I can't find the rear door - am I supposed to get in that way?
I don't need to talk to three dog to advance the main story, but I can't complete the radio quest unless I do.
Thanks wave
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/30/08 11:16 PM

You should be able to enter through the front flotsam, I don't believe the rear door is accessable after you begin the quest. If I recall correctly the front door "appears" to be locked, but if you click on it you should be able to enter GNR.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/30/08 11:17 PM

Thanks TM.
I found out on wiki its a known bug, but I can pick the side door and get in - anyone know where you access that door?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/30/08 11:19 PM

There are two doors that overlook the square in front of GNR on either side of the front entrance, but I believe they are one level up, so you'll need to find a way to get up there.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 12:33 AM

Thanks again. Got up there but it needs lockpick 100 - either I give that quest away or come back much later!

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 12:42 AM

You can save your games even if you uninstall the game, right? I wonder if you were to uninstall and then reinstall the game if the bug might be addressed duh
Posted By: Pokey

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 01:02 AM

flotsam, you can use a cheat to get through the door. It is move to next quest target (movetoqt). If that is three dog, that would get you in the building. Save before trying. You might want to try "unlock" first. Open the console, click on the door and type unlock.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/hints.html

If you don't go out the upper door after talking to three dog, you can't get back in the building through the front door.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 04:14 AM

Good call Pokey thumbsup I forgot that FO3 takes most of the same console commands as Oblivion.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 09:12 PM

Thanks Pokey - will give it a go!

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 10:53 PM

Unlock didn't work, presumably because the game reports the door IS unlocked, but go to quest target did.
One more quest down - thanks for your help praise

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 12/31/08 11:00 PM

Glad to hear it worked. I was worried that it might put you somewhere else. smile
Posted By: cyberalki

Fallout3 - 01/08/09 11:48 PM

I got it! And I finally got it working!! Of course I had to buy a new video card, but, who cares? So wish me luck, for I am about to start. Btw, anybody can recommend a good walkthrough?
Thxs.
Posted By: mcc

Re: Fallout3 - 01/09/09 12:00 AM

luck cyberalki,

The WT in ign is good.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/09/09 02:57 AM

Dearest mcc, ????? did I mention that English is NOT my native language and that I do not chat too much and whichever abbreviations I have learned I did so on tv and that I am a lil`old lady who has no idea what are you talking about? I can only imagine that WT is walkthrough and IGN is the web site? still, do you have a link to make my life easier? thx

Re: Fallout3 - 01/09/09 03:54 AM

I liked this guide:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests

Each quest title is a link to a walkthrough for that quest.

The IGN guide:

http://guides.ign.com/guides/568806/index.html
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Fallout3 - 01/09/09 04:33 AM

Cyber, you got it right.

Pokey, thanks for posting the link puppy

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/09/09 09:30 PM

I have another question.
Does anyone know how to trigger a map location for Fort Carrington? I could look it up on wiki but want to try and make the game tell me.
I couldn't get Mr Crowley to tell me and have had no luck with the other key holders. I can follow Crowley but after a while he decides to shoot at me, which usually ends badly!
Any ideas?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/09/09 09:40 PM

That's a good question. I came upon it randomly while rambling around. I think the only other quest associated with it is if you are on Crowley's good side by selecting the not-so-good side of the path.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/09/09 10:18 PM

I got him to confess he just wanted the keys and he mentioned Fort Carrington but wouldn't reveal anything further.
He leaves with the keys, which I can take, but no amount of charisma will get him to reveal the location, at least not now.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/09/09 11:04 PM

Thx Pokey and you too looney4labs, I am a little sad, started my game and everything was great until I got out of the vault. Keep getting killed by those stupid gang up dogs, I have tried to shoot them and melee them and still get killed. But hey, nobody can say I am a quitter, so here I go again. Wish me luck.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/09/09 11:24 PM

What difficulty are you playing on? Sounds like it might be higher than I used because I don't remember having much of a problem after exiting the vault. Head straight for the fenced off town where you will be safe. I played on very easy. Do you have any stimpacks?

Are you using VATS? It makes fighting a lot easier.
Posted By: Rowan

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/09/09 11:48 PM

For one of your later perks you can choose a map which shows all possible locations in Fallout 3.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/10/09 01:18 AM

It is Fort Constantine. Crowley is supposed to tell you the location if your speech is high enough. Repeated asking has often worked if it isn't high enough or try some apparel to raise your speech skill.

Edit--I just reloaded and tried it and he gave me the location with a 32% speech check after I gave him the keys. I tried a second time and it took three reloads before he gave it to me. Do you have a save just before talking to him?
Posted By: Ameno

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/10/09 07:52 PM

how do you get this quest every time I speak to him he just insults me and then he only talks about nonsens cant remember what he says
is there any requarments for this quest???

Re: Fallout3 - 01/10/09 08:05 PM

Pokey, very easy??? smile

cyber, how pokey sayed try changing the game dificult also try using VATS to enter VATS mode press V when facing an enemy.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/10/09 09:16 PM

Ameno, yes, very easy. I enjoy exploring without having to battle hordes of monsters all the time. I still ran into lots of situations I had to run away from. It felt pretty balanced till near the end of the game with Fawkes and all the best weapons and armor It is nice that the difficulty can be changed at any time.
Posted By: nickie

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 01:15 AM

Ameno, it's not a contest. People should play on the settings that are fun for them. In fact, a lot of people here play on the easiest settings first, and then go up in difficulty - sometimes almost a new game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/11/09 04:36 AM

I do Pokey - I will try that. I tried after he already had the keys but no go.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/11/09 10:02 AM

I think you need to have a somewhat high intelligence skill? in order to get the correct dialogue lines. If you don't have a high enough skill in intelligence, try eating some mentats. This will help you get a higher intelligence for a short while.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 10:15 AM

When I have an option to play on easy or very easy I do this, too. Especially if it isn in an FPS like Far Cry or FEAR or in a game I don't know yet. For Fallout 3 I probably will play on easy or medium since I know

Cyberalki:
VATS will make your fights much easier; you deal full damage, the enimies only deal about 10% of full damage. The key here is to remember that it is your agility that decides how many action points (or AP) you have. The higher your AP is, the more times, you can shoot. When you run out of action points (AP), you can shoot in real time, I think.

Stimpacks are what is known as healing potions in fantasy games. Eating those will get you health up. You should have found some in Vault 101.

And are you fighting those dogs with your hands? Or do you have a weapon? A leadpipe, or a pistol? Melee in an rpg game means fighting with your hands - just in case you didn't know that bit of info. If you did....sorry...

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Karsten
Melee in an rpg game means fighting with your hands - just in case you didn't know that bit of info. If you did....sorry...

Karsten, it's never a bad thing to repeat info on the forum. You never know who will be searching for help in the future or what their level of experience is puppy

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 05:14 PM

Melee is close quarter fighting as opposed to anything at range, such as a pistol. Therefore, a sword, pipe, or axe would be melee. Also fighting with your hands. A good weapon to use against the dogs on exiting the vault would be a baseball bat.

If you can't beat the dogs, do you have a save before you exited the vault? The situation may be very different on the next try. There may be no dogs at all.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 05:58 PM

Before exiting the vault you should have had a chance to pick up your baseball bat and through various activities aquire a set or two of Vault Security armor, which would also help from a defensive standpoint.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 06:56 PM

There should be an autosave just before Cyberalki existed the Vault. It's the same as in Oblivion where there also was an autosave just before existing the tunnels. You have a chance to alter your character's abilities and skills, yes, in fact everything.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 08:18 PM

Pokey and nickie,

I never meant to offend you for playing on very easy I just was surprised that you played that game on very easy.I didnt know that there is dificult lvl until I have reached middle of the game for the first time.

And about combat styles:
Unarmed/Hand to hand (HTH) is when you figthing your enemy whit your fists, knuckles and similar weapons.
Melee is when you have something in your arms and you hit your oponent whit it
Range is when you shoot your enemy whit a weapon and there are 3 types of range weapons Small guns (pistols and rifles), Big guns (Miniguns, misile launchers), Energy weapons (Lasers, plasma rifles)
And there are Explosives that is mines and grenades.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/11/09 08:29 PM

ok i will try

Re: Fallout3 - 01/11/09 08:30 PM

Ameno, I wasn't offended at all. I am more of an explorer than a fighter. I usually play on the easy difficulty if available. When it isn't, I do just fine playing on normal.

You are right. Fighting with just hands is unarmed or HTH. When you use brass knuckles I guess it is still unarmed.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/12/09 09:39 AM

Thanks Pokey and Karsten - a little wine, some mentats and voila!
Now I can find out what he wanted so bad!

Re: Fallout3 - 01/12/09 10:01 AM

btw, I have been collecting teddys as I go and have a nice pile in my Megaton house.
There aren't as many as you might think, at least not so far, but they show up in the oddest places. I have been in rooms with school desks and the children's wing of hopsitals and found almost none, but visited what was obvioulsy a raiders meth lab and found 4 (the most in one spot so far)
I wasn't aware teddy bears were a crucial ingredient in manufacturing narcotics lol

ps - next time I play I am going to collect a complete set of pool balls.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/12/09 05:29 PM

good luck
Posted By: Nipomo

Re: Fallout3 - 01/12/09 06:20 PM

I like collecting the pool balls, I brought over one of the wooden crates from the kitchen and put it between the bubble-head stand and the chair and I throw my pool balls in that. I got a triangle and set it next to it and I put my 8 balls there and have some cue sticks up against the wall. Its silly but its fun.

On the other side of the bubble-head stand I put the other wooden crate and I'm filling it with baseballs for dog meat. I have a pan of murkluck cakes and bowl of squirrel stew for him too.

I've kinda decieded not to buy any house themes because its so fun to decorate from the wastelands. Just wish I could buy a rug and some bed sheets though.

I have toys and drugs and a few things like wonder glue on my living room shelves and lunch boxes and food on my kitchen ones. And oddly a shelve full of rollings pins on cutting boards.

Up stairs I love decorating the desk top. I have a chess board, a hot plate (that I think looks like a lamp) a plate of food, silverware and coffee cup, the survival guide, 2 pencils, a stealth boy, a camera and a pistol. The survival guide looks very cool.

I'm not at all a SIMS person but I find this aspect of the game quite fun and relaxing (if I save alot while decorating) its my little spot in the wasteland and I try hard to make it reflect my charector and her tastes.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/13/09 08:25 PM

Nice one Nipomo - but how do you get things to land on the table and shelves? Mine just go any old place when I drop them!

Re: Fallout3 - 01/13/09 08:55 PM

hover your cursor on the item press "Z" and whola you can place an item anywhere you want

Re: Fallout3 - 01/13/09 09:06 PM

I have lots of teddy bears and some Nuka-Cola trucks. Also lots of garden gnomes both inside and out. I like the Lincoln artifacts, especially the hat and the Lincoln doll.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/13/09 09:19 PM

Yep, use cursor and the Z key. Where you have the cursor (as long as it identifies the item) when you press the Z key makes a difference in how it holds the item so experiment a little. Also if you start a little distance away you can get your item lined up where you want to put it and then go slowly to the spot.

I'm just haveing fun and to keep it that way I save before I start decorating and then save again after I get every item where I want it. I only do a couple of items each time other wise its a chore. Makes me love coming to my house and roaming around the rooms.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/13/09 09:25 PM

Pokey, your Lincoln artifacts will be part of a quest so don't toss them out.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/14/09 07:45 AM

Thanks - will give it a go

Re: Fallout3 - 01/14/09 08:05 AM

Doe's any one have NPC follow them???

I have Charon and Butch. They both doing such a good job so I almost dont draw my gun and that's on very hard.

If you wonder what kind of gear they have:
Charon:
Armor: T-51b Power armor and helmet
Weapon: Charon shotgun

Butch:
Armors: Tesla armor and helmet
Weapon: Blackhawk, chinease assault rifle, 10mm submachinegun.

If you wonder why I dont wear T-51b power armor I have much beter armor that I moded myself.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/14/09 10:08 AM

Well that worked fine. Decorating is indeed silly but amusing!

Re: Fallout3 - 01/15/09 11:59 PM

Never be sorry for being over explicit with me, even what I do know needs refreshing from time to time. I was fighting the stupid dogs with a gun and also with a baton, to no avail. So I decided to run for cover and went to town. I do have stimpaks and some dog meat from the ones i did kill, but have no idea what is V or vats. Will keep an eye on improving my agility. What I did loose some, was karma, being an Oblivion fan, love to loot even if it means stealing. Can´t help myself, if I know I can make a buck to buy whatever I need. Love going on stealth and grabbing whatever comes across my way. Will I pay a price for this eventually?

Re: Fallout3 - 01/16/09 12:44 AM

To use VATS, which is a targeting system, hit the V key when an enemy approaches, preferably not very far away. It will bring up a screen with parts of the body that you can target. I usually go for the head, but you can target the torso or even the arm holding his gun. The number of shots you get in VATS depends on your agility.

I tried to keep my karma in the positive territory since it would effect actions like being able to get certain companions. You lose very little karma in thieving and it can be regained by giving pure water to the begging wastelander outside Megaton. Have you checked what your karma actually is by opening your Pipboy? It is under status.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/16/09 08:24 PM

For some NPC your karma must be bad, for some neutral, for some good and for some it doesn't matter.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/16/09 11:14 PM

Thx guys, sounds cool. I tend to be a good person in and out of character lol. On my way to play and try my VATS. Btw, how do you get pure water?

Re: Fallout3 - 01/16/09 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: cyberalki
Thx guys, sounds cool. I tend to be a good person in and out of character lol. On my way to play and try my VATS. Btw, how do you get pure water?

There are a number of ways including just finding it on your journey's and buying it from traders. Also, there is a quest that you will come across in Megaton that one way or another will give you shelter and fresh water (albeit limited) for the extent of the game.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/17/09 06:10 AM

Ok so I will wait for that quest, but in the meantime, I am confused, I read in one of the posts that it is a good idea to pick and save everything, but then I get overumcombered (sorry if it is mispelled) how do I decide what to sell and what to keep? thx for your help.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/17/09 07:03 AM

You can probably sell just about everything. If you find a better weapon or armor, keep them. Ammo doesn't weigh anything, so I kept most of it. You can store your extra stuff in one of the lockers in the common house.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/17/09 03:57 PM

There is a lot of junk to pick up in this game. In the very beginning of the game I tend to pick up almost everything because I am so poor at that stage. Later when I'm somewhat better off I look at the item and mentally evaluate the weight of the object against the value of the object. If the object is heavier than its value I don't pick it up. The longer I play the greater the difference between these two values becomes. The only exception to this is if I come across something that is fairly uncommon just in case I've stumbled across a quest item that I might need later. This I would save at my house so I know where it is.

Here are some items that are needed for collection quests so you might want to save them instead of selling them:
Click to reveal..
-scrap metal
-bobbleheads
-Lincoln artifacts
-nuka cola quantum
-Brotherhood holotags
-old books (not the burned ones)

That's all i can remember right now. If anyone wishes to add to my list please do so. I wish I had had a list when I started because I had come across many of these items earlier but sold them or dumped them before i realized I could profit more through these quests.

Re: Fallout3 - 01/17/09 07:48 PM

Rowan, you cant sell bobbleheads

Re: Fallout3 - 01/20/09 12:01 AM

Thx guys, but, I am sure I read somewhere that you should save what you pick up, for you can use it to improve or repair your weapons, what would be an example of this?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/20/09 12:58 AM

Hi, it´s me (again)I am confused (again) should I go for big guns or energy weapons? Lockpicing or hacking? I figure I can always cheat for the computer codes but cannot cheat to lockpick...can I? I just hate that I already broke all my lockpicks and didn`t even open an easy lock! Sure I am down from difficult to easy but still cannot pick any locks. But would hate to miss something major if I cannot hack either. Science or Repair? Ok, ok, I have to decide for myself but really, about the weapons... big or energy?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/20/09 01:14 AM

I chose energy weapons over big guns and found some great weapons. Lockpicking and repair are important. There are articles of clothing that will raise your skill. You can back out of a lock after two tries and not lose a lockpick. You could always save before trying a lock, at least until you got used to it. The very easy locks are usually at 10 and 2 on the clock. I did pretty well with a low science skill but you can't even attempt the computers that have a 75 rating.

You can use weapons you pick up to repair your weapon when it degrades.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/20/09 07:00 AM

Energy weaons are more practical but put few points on big guns or explosiosives for behemoths
and if you planing to cheat the code for unlocking the door is "unlock"

uber major spoilers my ending

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/20/09 11:01 PM

Thx guys, I will take it into consideration, I have never been keen of too big weapons because I love picking up stuff, can`t help myself (one year playing oblivion + extensions, I suppose)and I would imagine that big guns are heavy right? Ameno took a look at the link, gorgeous, but do not know how to cheat yet, sure bring console down and then.....?
Thank you

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/20/09 11:29 PM

Not that I am looking forward to cheat, cheat, per se, but is there a place with all the computer passwords (like I found one when I was playing vampire the masquerade bloodlines) or do we need to do the 3 out all the time for the passwords are random? Sorry, I am just frustrated that already lock 2 or 3 computers before I read the advice. lol.
Posted By: H4XX0RZ

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/21/09 02:17 AM

The passwords are random I believe, and change every time you play the game. My best friend got the game for Xbox and so all of this I'm judging from going over to his house and playing it and from him telling me about it.

But I know Gamefaqs.com has a good guide on how to actually hack the computers. Not really cheating, per-say, but it has alot of good tips to help you out with that sort of stuff.

Though it's all mainly gibberish to me.

H4XX

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/21/09 08:56 AM

cyberalki,
to open locked door witn cheats you must open the console "`" the click on the door with the cursor and type "unlock"

for hackig firs look bracket trick they are <> () {} [] they must be in one line and they can have many character in them including other bracket trick but there will be never a word in there. How to find them??? Hover your cursor over an opening braket and if it selects more then one chracter that's a braket trcik.
With this trick you can remove a dud or replenish your alowences.
also when you have one alowence left leave the terminal and enter it again you will have a brand new mini game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/21/09 10:57 PM

cyberalki,
Going back a page, there are two reasons to collect some of the wasteland junk.

One is you can make a missile laucher type weapon (if you buy or find the schematics and use a tool bench) that will shoot any junk as ammo. Different types of junk act differently comeing out of the gun and on the forums around the web you can find threads where people rate the best junk. I think plungers do well and a lot of people prefer old money because its wieghtless. (This weapon classifies as a big gun...a skill you weren't so interested in so you may not want to make it except for fun.)

The other reason is that the schematics you can buy or find use certain types of junk to make the weapons. You can find an FAQ I bet with a list. I buy any schematics quick (before I buy anything for my house) if the traders are nomadic or out in the wasteland because they can be killed in the game. A lot of the schematic weapons are kinda silly but fun and some can be very usefull. They fit under several different skills like Melee, small guns, big guns and explosives.

Energy Weapons vs Big Guns. If you take the perk that counts every skill book read as 2 points (you should do this early and save any books you find until you've taken it), you can consintrate skill points on small guns at first and then (for me around level 12) take 4 levels and use your skill points to get both Energy Weapons & Big Guns skills up to 50 (finding books and the bobbleheads should then get them even to 100 easy). You'd still, over the 20 levels, have plenty of skill points for everything else you need. (I don't add any skill points to melee, unarmed or barter...just use the books and bobbleheads for those). That way you can have fun with all weapons and use the fatman in the end if need be. You'll play differently but this gives you an idea of a strategy to shape to your play. I mostly get everything to 50 and then let books and boobleheads do the rest, except small guns, lock pick and science which I'm not so patient with. At about level 16 I'll start to even up any laggereds and sell skill books once I get any skills to 100. With my barter so low and slow to raise I always need money but that makes it funner for me.

Lastly I saw a good idea somewhere. Get a pad of graph paper and write each password you try down, one letter per square and one password under the other. Note after the password how many letters the computer tells you are the right letter in the right position. A pattern should start to imurge and you can make educated guesses. If your really having a hard time you can write down words you want to think about and see if the letters line up to what you know. And like Ameno says after you've taken 3 chances search for brackets. You can do it before but you waste the replentish. If you still can't get it back out with one chance left and cross out your old password tries as the computer resets every time you back out.

I say no guilt in saving (or backing out before the last chance)until you get the hang of hard locks and computers. The game is suppose to be fun. I like the challange so I don't out and out cheat but I would if I just couldn't beat something and was stuck.

Lots of info in one post, sorry. Its a fun fun game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/21/09 11:01 PM

thanks Nipomo wave

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/23/09 12:38 AM

Wow! Thst`s a lot of info, but means nothing unless I put it into practice, so off to play I go....!!!! Thank you H4XX and Ameno and of course, Nipomo. I hope it works for me. I LOOOVEEE the game and leave no stone unturned, I have already found a few ammo boxes along the way which is great for not every trader has them for sale. I am now struggling to survive 3 scavengers that keep ganging up on me and I am playing easy!!! One at a time, no problem but 3? I am barely level 2, not fair!!! lol

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/30/09 01:01 AM

Nobody playing the game no more? no comments or tips for us newcomers? no great achievements to share with the rest of al gamers? Well, I do need some help. Been spending a lot of money on the stupid doctor, for I cannot find a place to sleep, any suggestions? Also, I read there is some really good stuff at Jericho`s but have no more lockpicks where can I find some? thx

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/30/09 01:27 AM

I guess you don't have a house yet. If you can do this quest, I recommend that it be a priority. Otherwise, you can sleep at the Supermart, the minefield or the school, though it has some tough battles.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/30/09 02:37 AM

Thx. I thought you have to have a certain explosives skill to do the Megaton quest, right? Oh God! found a bed at the Arlington house. Found some bobby pins, but still do not understand how it works. i still do not understand how far down it should go, I do it very slowly so it doesn`t get broken but it still does. Tried to cheat, but guess do not know how to do that either. And found two books a science one and the barbarian, but how do you read them to get the points? do you get them automatically? Can`t find them in inventory unless I want to sell them!! Should I keep them or read them or sell them?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/30/09 03:13 AM

Here's a good YouTube tutorial on lockpicking in Fallout 3

Fallout 3 Lockpicking tutorial

Just search your inventory tabs in your Pip-Boy for the books you picked up, I can't recall which tab they are in, but if you grabbed them, they are in there. All you have to do is select them and you will have the points applied to your profile.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/30/09 03:31 AM

Yes, you need a high enough skill in explosives. I used a mentat to raise mine.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/31/09 12:18 AM

Hey, Trial_Mystic, thanks for the link, great video, will check the others later,but, at the risk of sounding stupid, since I downloaded the game from Steam and have no manual, which keys do you use to move the pin and which to move the screwdriver? I feel so lost, cannot even open very easy locks!!

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/31/09 12:34 AM

The manual should be available at the store page for your game on Steam. Or you can get it here:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/22300/fallout3_us_pc_manual.pdf?t=1224882949

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 01/31/09 01:15 AM

Thx Pokey, but I want to spend more time playing and less time reading, could you please tell me which keys to use to open a lock? pretty please?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/01/09 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: cyberalki
Thx Pokey, but I want to spend more time playing and less time reading, could you please tell me which keys to use to open a lock? pretty please?

From page 34 in the manual:

W,A,S,D Keys: Apply torque with the screwdriver
Mouse Controls: Rotate the bobby pin
F: Force Lock
E: Exit

When torque is applied, the closer the bobby pin is to the correct position, or “sweet spot,” the more the lock will rotate before the bobby pin breaks. Only when the bobby pin is in the correct position will the lock rotate fully, and open.

You can also try to open a lock by forcing it, but if you fail the lock will be permanently broken and can only be opened with a key.

Reading is a good thing wink

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/02/09 02:45 AM

I reckon minefield early on is a good place to sleep. You can pick the lock of the first house you come to and all you need do is wallop a few roaches once inside. You also can't get into too much trouble if all you do is approach the first house and then leave.
Wrecked houses are a good place to look early on too - you won't find a bed terribly often but the houses don't often contain enemies.
You will eventually find beds all over the place.

ps - excellent signature quote TM; says it all about so many things! thumbsup:
Posted By: katharine

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/03/09 01:06 AM

It's been years since I have been on GameBoomers. But my regular game board is temporarily shut down. So I was looking for a place to get help with Fallout 3. This looked like a good place especially since Pokey is here (hi, Pokey, it's Kay from FFC). Pokey has helped me get through almost every nonadventure (darkside) game I have ever played.

I have started Fallout 3 right after finishing Fallout 1 and 2. My first impression is that the way this game looks and works sends my anxiety level straight up in comparison to the previous Fallouts. And I am not even out of Vault 101 yet. VATS and playing on very easy are going to be my salvation. But it looks like it is going to be a great game.
kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/03/09 01:26 AM

Kay, great that you are back for a visit. I hope the site is back up again soon. If you need any help, you can get it here. You did so well on the first two Fallouts that I doubt you will have much of a problem. I was pretty anxious in the beginning, but once I exited the vault, I felt better. Let us know how you are doing. I finished the game but still have it installed and visit it once in a while. It is a great game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/08/09 08:12 PM

I did it! I opened not 1 but 3.... very easy locks!! lol Now I am on my way to the Arlington library, so wish me lock. Is there any quests that pay a lot of money? I need 300 caps to fix my laser pistol. And I know TM is going to kill me for this, but I can now repair my 10 mm pistol, but do not know what to repair it with, I have a bunch of stuff stashed in the common`s lockers but do I need a hammer or what? I know I should read the manual or check it on a site, but only have a few hours on the weekends to play. And from what I have seen in some official sites, walkthroughs are huge.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/08/09 08:38 PM

ok so ignore what I said, I did go and read the manual and now I know a need the same item to repair it, so next time I find a 10 mm pistol, instead of selling it, I will repair my own. Now TM can be proud of me. lol

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/10/09 12:39 AM

Pokey

I am loving this game. I mostly have the "how it works" under control and I am out exploring, getting experience and searching for weapons.

I think this is a game that is a challenge, I can get absorbed in and will take me a couple of months playing an hour or so a day. That's exactly what I enjoy these days.
kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/10/09 07:27 AM

Kay, I knew you would like it. It is a great game for exploring and there is a lot of territory to cover. Have you found a place to sleep?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/11/09 02:54 AM

Pokey
When I cleared all the raiders out of the Super Duper Mart, I was able to find a bed and sleep there. I had hoped this would work for a while. But when I came back later, there were new raiders there. I read that if I disarm the bomb in Megaton, I might get my own house. So that might be a possibility if I can figure out how to do that. But as of yet I do not have a safe place to sleep of my own. This is on top of my to do list.

Kay

But

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/11/09 03:52 AM

Kay, if you do Moira's quests, she has one for the Minefield. You will find an easily accessible house there that has a bed. I used it for quite a while till I got my own house in Megaton. You can use mentats to raise your skill in explosives. There are some nice online maps that are very helpful.

On your way to the Minefield, you might want to check out the Junkyard.

Did you get a computer upgrade?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/11/09 04:06 PM

Kay, you need an explosive skill of 30 to dismantle the bomb in Megaton. You can do it with much less if you take some mentats before attempting to dismantle it. Regardless of your skill I would try it but SAVE first. Dismantling is actually quite easy: All you have to do is look at it and you get a message choice to either attempt to dismantle it or to leave it alone.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/11/09 04:06 PM

Kay, you need an explosive skill of 30 to dismantle the bomb in Megaton. You can do it with much less if you take some mentats before attempting to dismantle it. Regardless of your skill I would try it but SAVE first. Dismantling is actually quite easy: All you have to do is look at it and you get a message choice to either attempt to dismantle it or to leave it alone.

To the moderators, sorry that this message appeared twice. Don't know how I did it. Please delete it.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/11/09 10:01 PM

Pokey, My old computer became increasingly cranking and then went kaput. So I went to Best Buy and got their top of the line Dell and a 24 inch screen. It is very nice but of course it is Vista. The upside is I can now play Outcast 3 and Oblivion but probably can't play any older games at all. And my greatest disappointment is that since it is 64 bit Vista, I can't play any of the games on Gametap since they are all 32 bit. And I don't even understand what this bit stuff means. But life is full of tradeoffs like this so I will soldier on.

I will venture out to Moria's minefields and look for that house.

Rowan, thanks for the info on dismantling the bomb. I think I will just save and give it a try without the requsite explosive skills just to see the outcome.

Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/12/09 12:42 AM

Giving the bomb a try is worthwhile because that house is a major benefit. After having the house my life got a lot easier. There's an item you can buy from Moira that will heal all radiation, health, and addictions. Forget what it's called but every time I came "home" I had this routine where I would check my locker and exchange stuff I wanted to keep/get rid of, then I went to the Nuka machine (also from Moira) that upgraded all nuka colas I was carrying, then of to that medical machine which cured me of all ill effects mentioned above. Then I would go over to an alchemy table (also from Moira) which concocted a new free potion to carry with me, then off to bed to make it daylight again. All in a day's work.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/12/09 01:31 AM

Kay, I think all 32 bit games will play in the 64 bit OS except for fairly old games that have a 16 bit installer. Your biggest problem is Gametap. I hope they will be able to accommodate 64 bit sometime in the future.

The house in the minefield is the Gibson house on the edge of town. The teleport should land you right outside it once you have found it.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/14/09 12:11 AM

Hi, Kay, by Arlington cemetery there is a house that you can use for sleeping and also has great looting and even a workbench for you to create weapons in the basement and all the locks are very easy.
Now about me, I still need to find out how to make 300 caps because I need to fix my laser gun and cannot do it by myself and the money I get from whatever I do sell, usually spend it on stimpacks. Thx. Really.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/14/09 12:36 AM

Do you have the Red Racer Jumpsuit? It gives +5 in repair. You can go broke fast paying for repairs. You can find one at the Red Racer factory or buy one in Rivet City. You can make quite a bit of money from raider's armor and their guns. I didn't use that many stimpacks and had a lot at the end of the game. I'd usually find a bed instead.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/14/09 03:19 AM

Got the Gibson house, got Dogmeat (pal of my past), deactivated the bomb in Megaton, and got my Megaton house. I think I am on my way to move out and save the world.

I expect, however, I will limp in here at times looking for help or sympathy. And it is nice to know where to find it.

Regards
Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/14/09 03:52 PM

Also, try using your doctor and first aid skill on yourself to heal. One of the vault 101 suits also gives a +5 boost in both science and repair. If you sold it see if the merchant still has it in inventory to buy back.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/15/09 08:14 PM

I finally caved in and bought Fallout 3 at Gamestop/EB. It was half the regular price. I then fired it up as I wanted to play for ½ an hour. I ended up playing for 2½ hours, if not 3 hours.

I was then roaming the Wasteland a bit, finding different sites, but always ended up getting killed. Ok, partof the 2½ hour was reloading a lot. I played on the normal setting. And the first 1½ hour was the growing up in the Vault 101 part of the game.

Anyway, when you get to Megaton, outside there is a guy asking for purified water. I thought I had some as I think I pickpocketed Billy? for it. No luck, though.

Where can I get purified water from? then ?

I've found Springvale, though. Is there a bed there I can rest in for the night?

And can I doublecross mr. burton, tell him I want to blow Megaton, then go to the Sheriff and tell him about mr. Burke's plans?

A house that is mine to sleep in have always been a dream of mine - at least in Fallout 3...

I have to say that I find this to be a great game; I haven't played much, so maybe my findings will change a bit over the course of the game.

VATS seem to be roken for me - for some reason. Or the design and executioon of VATS is just - not very well done. Does anyone else have trouble with using VATS?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/15/09 08:42 PM

The only place I found purified water was in my Megaton house. You will have a good supply then. Yes, there is a bed in the school at Springdale but you have to battle to get to it.

If you doublecross Mr Burke, be sure to save first. I didn't like the result.

Do you have a weapon other than melee? You need a gun to see the full options in VATS, targeting many parts of the body. It worked for me though sometimes it seemed a bit flaky on the targeting some parts of the body.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/15/09 09:38 PM

I never used VATS for the entire game.

You will find purified water throughout the game but it occurs fairly rarely. Giving to the beggars gains you karma.

If you doublecross Mr. Burton...
Click to reveal..
you gain an assault rifle which is a great gun for the beginning of the game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/17/09 09:55 PM

I just found Evergreen Mills and played through it. It was really a great area, I was experienced enough to figure out good stratgy and had excellent weapons for the task. I'm trying not to spoil. It was just a really immersive, really well done area for when you've been playing for awhile.

Karsten VATTS is pretty usefull if you can get close enough, eaither by rushing up or by building up your sneak and in general weapons of choice skills. I do a lot of sniping and don't use VATTS for that. I've been playing since the game came out so I'm at level 20 now and I got the perk that gives you back all your action points if you kill a bad guy in VATTS...now that is really usefull. I can take out a whole room full of bad guys now without ducking behind cover and scambling around. I guess my advice is..as you level up and add to your skills keep trying out VATTS and you should be able to use it greatly to your advantage in certain situations.

I'm just haveing a ball playing this game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/17/09 10:39 PM

What's with all these teddy bears? I keep picking them up whenever I stumble upon them just in case they have some future use. Actually, to be honest, I keep picking them up because I am a fool for teddy bears and can't stand to see them abandoned. Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/17/09 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: katharine
What's with all these teddy bears? I keep picking them up whenever I stumble upon them just in case they have some future use. Actually, to be honest, I keep picking them up because I am a fool for teddy bears and can't stand to see them abandoned. Kay

They make good ammunition... evil Really, there is a home made gun you can make if you buy or find the blue prints that shoots just about anything, including Teddy Bears.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/17/09 11:52 PM

How terrible. I will take all my teddy bears and give them a good home .......... until I have a home made gun and don't have anything else to shoot. Then they are toast. Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/18/09 12:03 AM

Kay, take them home and use them to decorate your house. I have a lot of them as well as Nuka-Cola trucks, lunchboxes, Lincoln artifacts and other assorted items. You can put them on the wooden shelves by your stairs by dropping them and then Using Z to pick them up and place them. There are some interesting toys in the Arlington Library. I also have garden gnomes both inside and out.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/18/09 12:22 AM

Kay
I can't stand the dirty mattress in my megaton house so I cover it with Teddy Bears and Nuka-Cola trucks. I suspect if I bought a house theme it might include bed linen and covers BUT I like to decorating my house myself. Wish I could buy a rug.

I use a lot of pool balls in my decorating as well as things that Pokey mentioned. I can't wait to get a 100 in a couple skills so I can use some skill books around the house too.

I set up the little table outside myside my house with a gnome in the chair and a plate full of kabobs, a bowl of soup and lots of bottled beverages. Jericho comes and stands around and looks longingly at it and growls at me for having the good karma...I think he's jealous of all the gifts I get from a certain citizen.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/18/09 01:25 AM

Pokey and Nipomo
I am liking this more and more. Now that I have my own home so Dogmeat and I have a place to go.

Pokey, I will try the drop on floor and then use Z to pick them up. They are currently in a locker with a lot of other stuff and are probably very uncomfortable.

Nipomo, thank you for the other decorating tips. I have been so relieved to have my own place to sleep that I have only now begun to think about spiffing it up.

And Dogmeat doesn't care what it looks like. But I think my robot would like a nicer place.

kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/18/09 05:51 PM

Kay
The decorating is a fun goof around when you just have a short amount of time to play or need a break. Just be sure and save every time you get something placed right as its a tricky buisness. You can read back some pages where people talk more about it. I like putting at least one of most everything somewhere sensiable in my house, some things look lame so I just don't bother. Got to say it makes coming home to rest or get ready to trade alot more fun to have the house all tricked out.

You can make a spot for dogmeat between the work bench you can buy and the bobble-head show-off stand. I put a bowl of squirrel stew and a dog bowl full of crab cakes out for him as well as a wooden box from the kitchen that I placed against the wall in back of his food and filled it with baseballs for him to play with.

If you practice and save alot its fun to do stuff like that. Its good to take a look at U-tube and see where stuff you might want to buy (not the house themes but the other items) go and not put anything in those spots. Also you'll notice the floor in some spots doesn't hold stuff when you drop it out of your inventory, it might be on the floor below or just gone...(another good reason to save) so just learn the good floor spots to dump and then carry the item upstairs or where ever you want it. I haven't noticed that when you place an item it falls through anywhere just when you dump out of your inventory.

One of the fun things I did was put some milk bottles on the top of my frig...only use I ever found for them and they look cool up there.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/20/09 12:52 AM

Hi Kay, I´m so jealouse!! How did you get Dogmeat? Where? I gather it is a dog robot, but don´t recall it crossing my path, any hints?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/20/09 01:13 AM

Holly Molly Rocky, flying teddy bears and trucks. It is going to take some practice to drop, hit Z and place items. But I have a lot of time. kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/20/09 01:33 AM

cyberalki said...Hi Kay, I´m so jealouse!! How did you get Dogmeat? Where? I gather it is a dog robot, but don´t recall it crossing my path, any hints?
No, this Dogmeat is the real thing (flesh and blood) but new and improved. You can tell him to just stay here and he does and I am finding that "stay here" is often the best thing for Dogmeat to do. But there is something very comforting about having Dogmeat around. He actually wants to be with me and acts like he does. Not so many other people do yet.

So how to find him? Actaully he found me as I was doing a Megaton/Moria quest at the Minefield. He just showed up but I think if you want to find him he is around the Scrapyard just south of the Minefield. kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/20/09 01:49 AM

I tried to keep Dogmeat in my house after I took him out in a few excursions and he didn't do too well. All was well until late in the game when I was in the midst of a firefight in DC, he suddenly popped up and attacked the powerfully armed enemy. He didn't last long. I could have reloaded, but it had been a while since I saved and it had been a tough section, so I left him. I believe this is a bug in the game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/20/09 03:05 AM

Pokey

Dogmeat looks like a German Shepard mix with ? mutt. They will not do well shut up staying at home. They need a lot of exercise. I am surprised that Dogmeat didn't pull your whole house apart. But, of course, this is a game and he may not have been programmed to do that.

I think from playing Fallout 1 that Dogmeat is a fun friend to find early in the game and have around but not the very best companion. I am enjoying him while I can. When I hiked up north to deliver a letter on the "Blood Ties"? quest, he was great with killer bees and feral dogs. He is also a great early warning system in other places. Just before he gets killed and I get upset and reload and try again.

But I know that Dogmeat does not understand his limits and can only be let out every once in a while. The same goes for me but I have to do it all. poor kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/21/09 12:11 AM

I haven't played in 3-4 days now BUT will soon. I'm all set to start going back to my old vault 101 because my "girlfriend" has put out a radio message for me. She sounds desperate so I'll just wait to do some odds and ends I was planning to take care of later. Hope its not like real life were I totally forget what I was up to if I don't do it right away.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/27/09 06:47 AM

Hi guys! I am devastated about two things where I can`t understand how can I be so stupid!! I have been "selling" my stuff to Gob (at Moriarty`s) and to Jenny Stahl and just realized that was giving it away, for they only sale!!! don`t know how many thousands of caps lost over the past few months. The second one is that I am "very evil"!! Cannot believe it. Have been so nice to everybody, never killed a good guy and only stole a few things here and there!! Enough to make me very evil? not fair!! do not have enough pure water to regain karma, what can I do???

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/27/09 02:41 PM

You can gain back karma by donating scrap metal to the guy at the water treatment plant in Megaton. When you offer him the scrap metal you get a choice of choosing payment or just giving. Giving=karma. I would think that anytime you are faced with a choice of working for money or doing it for free you get karma as a reward. Not sure about all cases though. Solving some of the side quests gives you karma as well. I know that losing all that money is disappointing right now but eventually you will be so rich that you will not even be picking up many valuable items. Have you tried donating to the atom church in Megaton. I never did but it probably leads to karma. But right now you are in a pickle deciding what you needs most, the cash or the karma. Good luck.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 02/27/09 08:10 PM

Also there is a church in Rivet City you can donate to.

I have been asking my house robot for clean water whenever his condensers get charged (maybe about every 2 weeks in the game) and then stock piling it in the frig. I want to do some of the neutral/evil quests and then be able to boost myself back up to good by giving those poor beggars water when those quests are over.

When I steal I keep an eye on my karma and when it gets nuetral or bad I stop stealing till it builds up again. I'm basicly playing good but I want to do all the quests so I'll get as evil as needed for those.

I just found a huge Talon company stronghold and have been useing lots of different weapons and tactics to take them all out with a good amount of reward in loot. I sneak off when I'm full and go stash it in my house and then come back to continue my sweep...I'm not fond of those talon guys! I plan to have a big loot sale when I'm done and buy me some much needed supplies.

I kinda wonder if I'll really be able to do the evil quests.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/06/09 01:01 AM

I am still moving on. Been to Rivit City and to Vault 112. Found my Dad. We are in the Jefferson Memorial trying to get Project Purity going again. This is getting boring so I expect I will be heading out soon. kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/06/09 08:33 PM

Hi Katharine
The wasteland is going to get more exciting after you finish that quest! You'll see when your out exploring....good luck...I sorta like it myself.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/07/09 12:41 AM

You guys..... talk about the game as if it were so easy..... I do not understand, went down from easy to very easy, I am barely finishing Moira quest on my way to Rivet City and have 3 stupid super mutants trying to kill me from a bridge where I cannot reach them, no even with missiles. They keep killing me and do not even have enough money to buy stimpacks, which is all I spend my money on, seems like it, but had to used them when 5 Talon guys tried to kill me. One had a missile launcher, and another one a flamer, which reminds me, I cannot use mine, not even after I fixed it. Do I need a certain level for it? I think I will go back to simpler quests (like Lucy`s) and come back when I have meaner guns. Ahhh!!! Love it and hate it.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/09/09 07:26 PM

Cyberalki
Fallout 3 is set up so you can walk in to places that are too tough to handle so you have to bug out or start from a earlier save and sneak around to find something easier to handle.

Do you have a sniper rifle? That is good for mutants at a distance. If you land one or two shots from the sniper rifle and then pop behind some cover and take who ever ventures forth out with a combat shotgun at close range, that usally works pretty good. Sometimes when you pop behind cover after a bit you will be "hidden" again and can take some more sniper shots. With the sniper rifle it shoots high over distance so I always use the sight and aim right in the middle of the bad guy at about shoulder hieght or a tad lower. I hate to miss and alert everyone to my position.

I cann't think why the flamer doesn't work for you...how is your big gun skill? do you have ammo? Level doesn't determine if you can use a weapon but your amount of skill is a big factor.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/11/09 01:21 AM

I am moving on. Been to the Citadel. Now to Vault 89 (or whatever one) to find a GEEK.

I now have a 44 Magnum, a plasma rifle, and a combat and sawed off shot gun. Still don't have a sniper rifle so I am hanging onto my hunting rifle. This is still too many weapons but it is a lot fewer than I had. It is such a relief to me when I can get down to a few weapons and a few types of ammo. Life becomes much simplier.

Dogmeat. I thought I had lost Dogmeat at the Jefferson Memorial. I told him to "wait for me" when I went into the tunnel to flush the place out. Then, of course, the Enclave arrived and all hell broke loose. I just decided Dogmeat was not my top priority. But later on in the game I got a message that Dogmeat was at Vault 101. And yes he was so I took him back to Megaton. Dogmeat will not be going with me on many quests. But I do know he can find his way home.

I love this game.
Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/11/09 02:47 AM

Kay, you can probably get rid of the sawed off shotgun. It isn't as powerful as the combat shotgun. I never used my shotgun though I carried it nearly the whole game.

That is exactly where I lost Dogmeat. I didn't get the chance to send him home. He just suddenly appeared and ran after the Enclave soldiers in the tunnel and died quickly.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/12/09 07:11 PM

I have something unique called the Terriable Shotgun. Its very powerful at close range (lousy at anything else and needs repair often)and holds 12 rounds. Its lovely if you get caught out and have a bad guy in your face.

I got this gun by reading The Vault website about an area I had just spent a couple of days on and wanted to see if I had missed anything important. They said you could kill this guy and get his shotgun OR you could pickpocket all his shotgun ammo, go out the door and come back in and he would have put his empty shotgun in his inventory where you could try and reverse pickpocket in a simular wieght weapon and pickpocket out his unique shotgun. I hate killing guys I don't have to and this sounded sneaky and fun so I did it. I think it took me two or three times to get it to work so save a bunch.

Even though this weapon makes 5 guns I carry, I can't put it down, its just too good when I get in trouble. I carry the sniper rifle, the Lincoln repeater, the combat shot gun, the unique chinnese assult gun and the Terriable Shotgun. I need to get rid of something but I still haven't decieded what yet. This is mostly for the wasteland, I haven't gone downtown much yet though I will soon as I have a couple of quests that point that way next.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/12/09 07:17 PM

The Chinese assault gun is the one I used nearly all the time. Effective, easy to find ammo for, and easy to repair. Later I used the plasma rifle a lot.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/14/09 01:41 AM

Hi guys, thx Nipomo, I just leveled up and put a whole bunch of points in big guns. Now I can use the flammer. But guess what? As much as I enjoyed using it, weights too much, so I sold it. I am now using the minigun, the 10 mm whatever machine gun and the combat shot gun and the missile launcher. I only have 210 pounds to carry which is nothing. So next time I level up, how can I increase my strength? I am on my way to Jefferson Memorial, seems like I´ve done too many side quests and not enough for the main quest, so no I am doing the GNR quest... all by myself, no Steel Brothers with me... but will keep going.. love this game.. still no Dogmeat.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/16/09 06:57 PM

Hi cyberalki
There is a perk that gives you more strength, and some quests that help and choosing more endurence in the begining gives you more as you level. I think I have 270 and I didn't go heavy on endurence.

I just don't play with Big Guns because of the wieght but I put enough skill pts in it so by collecting skill books (I took the double pts for skill books perk) I could be sure to have enough umph to be able to use the Fat Man when I need to.

You have to be careful not to go to far in the main quest, unless your ready to finish the game. After finishing all Moria's quests I started the main quest up to the one called Purity something and got to the citidal (sp?) and then broke off the main quest. I'm not sure how far is too far, I think you get a chance to say your not ready to continue. After the purity quest some new stuff starts happening in the game so I'm glad I went that far.

This is a warning about exploreing and the main quest

Click to reveal..
Also you have to be carefull not to go to a certain place if you are just exploring...if you care about that you should go to for instance The Vault website and just take a quick peek about what actions could mess with the main quest. Its kinda spoilery to warn people but I love to explore and I've put a lot of time into the game (175 hours so far) and I didn't to mess up the main quest so I appricated finding this out from someone

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/16/09 10:53 PM

Nipomo, Thanks for the "heads up" about getting too far ahead.

I had started worrying about that since there are so many places I still haven't been and side quests I haven't gotten yet. I slowed down once before but I think it is time to do it again.

I don't think I have yet hit the "no turn back point" but I must be getting very near. I have just activated the Garden of Eden quest. It may be time to go out and explore more of the wasteland.

Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/31/09 12:34 AM

I have been working on side quests and been to many interesting places -- Tenpenny Towers, the Underworld, Arlington Library, Nuka Cola plant, Big Town, etc, etc.

I seem to be over the hump and have enough caps to buy what I need and I can find what I want. I have put together my ideal weapon profile: scoped sniper rifle, scoped 44 magnum, and a plasma rifle.

I have along with me right now Star Paladin Cross and she is wicked with a Laser Rifle. She has frequently saved my sorry ass.

I still have Dogmeat but he mostly has to stay at home. Sometimes when I am going someplace safe (like jumping from place to place to sell and buy stuff) I let him come along. But otherwise (I have to say it) he is useless but lovable. When I leave him alone for too long he pulls all my teddy bears off the shelf.

I am still loving this game. I am going to keep working on side quests for a while longer.
kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 03/31/09 03:28 AM

Hi Kay

Nice to hear you are having such a good time with the game. I'm feeling the urge to get back to it even though I have played it to death. There are a few places I haven't investigated, so I think I will see what I can find. I loved the plasma rifle. It made the combat so much easier. The whole Fallout series has been a wonderful adventure. Wonder if there will be more.
Posted By: Moondancer

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/01/09 06:42 AM

I just want to mention that I'm one of those who "went too far" with the MQ before I had done all of the exploring I had wanted to do. Beware of this - somehow I lost interest in the game after I was swept through the ending, and now I've got to decide exactly which of my gamesaves I'm going to restore to explore the other vaults (only done the main two) when I get a little gap from all the other games I have going.

I never realised that the game would sort of "force" you along to the ending the way it does.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/03/09 01:17 PM

Uggh, this thread is getting too heavy, (long) -it's bogging down my browser.

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked before, but I cannot face wading through 9 pages of posts which load very slowly possibly because this thread is so huge?

Well, does anyone know who sends those mercenaries to kill you, if you are playing a goodie-two-shoes?
At first I thought it was Burke, but I think I managed to kill Burke, and they still come?

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/03/09 03:31 PM

Moondancer, do you have dial up? We usually start a new thread around 15 pages.

Let me google and see if the answer pops up wave

Edit: On the GameSpot forum, they say that if you kill Burke or get him arrested, a bounty will be put on your head which the Talon mercenaries will take up and they will not stop.

However, someone else said they come after you if your karma is too high.
Posted By: boshettee

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/04/09 01:23 AM

I think Mr.Tenpenny placed the bounty on you for being such a goody-two shoes. If you waste Mr. Tenpenny the bounty still exists. Here is what I've found:
Good Character--Talon Company hunts you
Evil Character--The Regulators hunt you
Neutral Characters are not hunted as far as I know.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/04/09 04:19 AM

thanks Boshette wave

Sounds like the only way to not be hunted is to stay completely neutral, which I bet is easier said than done puppy

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/04/09 02:58 PM

Hi, thanks for the replies. Well, I was obviously always a goody, because it was always the Talon mercs who hunted me!

Sorry, I didn't mean to complain about the thread loading so slow - somehow it seems normal again today - it might have been to do with that I was trying to search through it from the beginning, to see if this had been discussed before, and that it was somehow loading cumulatively into some cache? - I was just trying to explain why I might possibly be asking something that had been asked before. smile

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/04/09 06:24 PM

Moondancer, I didn't take it as a complaint. I just wondered if you had dial up or broadband--sometimes sites are slow for me too and I have no patience for it.

I'm glad the thread seems normal today though wave

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/06/09 06:32 PM

The Talan mercs kinda taught me how to fight effiently when I was at lower levels and as you level up the Talon mercs become easier and their loot is good and thier armour can repair the unique armor I use so I don't mind a visit from them now and again. I just try to leave buildings with a loaded well repaired gun in hand.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/11/09 08:22 PM

Hi guys, I am still so jealous about Kay saying she has all the money. How do you do it? When I was 45 repair I needed 46 so I used the suit. Now I am 50 Repair, + 5 from the suit, but now I need 56. I hate it. I manage to get some money here and there, but by the time I finish buying stimpacks. I am broke again. I also buy missiles for my missile launcher which comes very handy when super mutants gang up on you, and MFC for my laser rifle, for I do not have the plasma one, I do have the .44 magnum and the minigun which is also good for mutants and of course the sniper rifle. No wonder I cannot loot that much, I carry so much weight in guns! lol. But I do love the game and am on my way to the replicated man quest. Wish me luck!

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/13/09 11:18 PM

cyberalki, My main weapons are light and that lets me loot and carry more to sell and the ammo for all three of my weapons is fairly inexpensive and I have worked to get my barter and speech skills up which reduces the cost.

I also had the same annoying problem as you have had with repair skill (45 need 46 etc, etc) so I put a lot of points and perks towards getting my repair skill to 100. So when I get a couple of hunting rifles or assault rifles I use some to repair one and this reduces the weight I carry. And I loot every bit of ammo I find since it doesn't have any weight.

And I use Star Paladin Cross to carry stuff for me.

But to be honest, I spend a lot of time fast traveling from where I am to places I can sell stuff and back. And figuring what I should keep and what can go. I sometimes think I spend half of my time managing my inventory.

I can't remember where I got the plasma rifle but if you get one hang on to it. kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/13/09 11:40 PM

Ah, I remember. I got my plasma rifle in the laboratory area of the Citidel. It was just lying there I think somewhere on the bottom level and I just picked it up and walked away with it. If I remember correctly, you could do that with a lot of stuff in the Citadel. When you looked at stuff, the name came up green rather than red so it wasn't seen as stealing and no one paid attention when you took it. I felt a bit bad doing this for a while but not for long. Kay

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/14/09 05:05 PM

cyberalki
Don't fret too much about not having a lot of money or not having your weapons in great repair, in a lot of ways thats the funnest part of the game...figureing out how to survive with very little and slowly getting better at stuff.

Later you get so you can get rid of bad guys pretty easily and you have to find other ways to make the game interesting. I try hard as I play not to over powerful myself so the game stays interesting. For instance I don't always use my best gun but try to use some of my great hordes of ammo for lesser guns. Or keep one or two good guns for emergencys but try to use only guns I pick up on my wanderings. You can do that with armour too. It keeps it fresh.

Careful about giving unique guns to your companions, they get guns knocked out of thier hands easily and if you can't locate the gun then its gone. Katherine's right, even though having a companion takes getting used to...I like the ghoul one because he can sneak....they really help in carrying loot.

I think I'm about 3/4ths through now not counting the main quest which I'm on hiatius from until I finish everything else. I sure like this game, last night I found a fresh grave with a note in it....it was someplace I had been before and was just idlely going through again..I could have fast traveled home but decieded to walk....great game.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/14/09 05:28 PM

Cyberalki, have you come across the Chinese assault rifle in one of the quests? It is very effective and ammo easily available just lying around. I used it most of the game till I found the plasma rifle. I tried out the big weapons such as the minigun but found them much less effective. I rarely used stimpacks except when absolutely necessary in a battle, and that didn't happen often. Instead, I would head a bed and renew my health. I had hundreds of stimpacks left when I finished the game. I would leave the big guns in my locker and carry just the assault rifle and a pistol.

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/14/09 10:29 PM

Thx Kay, I hear you, it is just that I feel that, when the stupid super mutants gang up on me, nothing works as good as the big guns. Especially when there are 4 or more of them attacking me at the same time. A good couple of missiles plus the minigun do wonders. I just got the plasma rifle from the android quest. Works fine with scavangers, but did not have a chance to try it with super mutants yet. Star Paladin Cross????????? Where do you always come up with such useful company and I am still alone? Who or what is it?????

Re: Fallout 3 - access to GNR (spoilers) - 04/14/09 10:35 PM

Hi Pokey, I don`t think I am as good as you are fighting, for I always have to use plenty of stimpacks in a fight. Love to wonder about and keep finding all these enemies. And when they hit me with flamers and missiles, I always need tons of stimpacks, I wish I could run to a bed but it is not possible. Plus, the stupid guns are always getting jammed even if I just repaired them and need to have plenty to change from one to the next, I do not have an ammo problem, have lots for all my guns, but they do not always work and not always have spare ones for repair. I am already level 10 so, I figure this is why enemies come in bunches against me. Don`t know what to do to keep my guns from jamming.
Posted By: +Oblivion+

Re: Fallout3 - 04/19/09 01:49 PM

Haha, I did the same thing Nipomo! After I was near completion of the game I found myself buying everything for my house and then decorating in manually, I eventually got bored with that and got the mod tools and created my own room lol.

Re: Fallout3 - 04/24/09 02:12 AM

I have been working on side quests. Rielly's Rangers. Agatha Song. I love these side quests since they get to me places I haven't been to yet.

For days now (I play an hour or so a day), I have been trying to find Oasis. It took a lot of time to walk from the closest place I had on the map to a place that might be near Oasis.
But this is the mountains. You never know where you are or where you are going or how to get there. But I finlly made it to Oasis (with the help of every onlineguide I could find).

This is an interesting place. It could help us save the world. Think about it. You may want to find Oasis. Kay
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Fallout3 - 05/01/09 09:15 PM

Well, I've done it!
I bought Fallout 3 - just because I've read so much about it here and other places, that I had to try it. laugh

BUT, it won't install frown
Think it has something to do with the registry - think I need to do a clean freash install of windows.... sigh!
It's the same problem I have with Oblivion...

But at least I got the games now smile
I'll have something to do this summer, when it's holliday, right? ;-)

Re: Fallout3 - 05/01/09 10:12 PM

misslilo, it's a shame that you can't install the game. Do you get an error message?

Re: Fallout3 - 05/01/09 10:41 PM

Misslilo, did you post over in glitches?

Re: Fallout3 - 05/01/09 11:39 PM

No, haven't posted in glitches, because I've been to bethesda forums and read about similar errors.

It's definitely something with my registry - I think something is missing from when installing Vista ultimate.

I also have problems with WinMail and missing Toolbar entries...
Lots of stuff actually, lol.
Will need to install again, but don't feel like it now... will have to wait til july.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/02/09 09:14 PM

Well, I have finished Fallout 3. I did all the secondary quests and then some. There are places I never got to but things began to seem the same. And there were no other great weapons to get after I got the Alien Blaster and I had all the caps and ammo and meds anyone could desire. So I returned to the main quest and finished.

What a great game Fallout 3 is. It is easily on my top 5 list of nonadventure games.

I am not sure what I will play now. I may play Oblivion since it does seem to work on my new computer. I did love Morrowind so maybe I will like Oblivion also despite some of the negative stuff I have read about it.

Thank you all for your help. Now that I am back on Gameboomers, I will check in often to see what is going on. Kay

Re: Fallout3 - 05/02/09 11:30 PM

bravo Kay

Do come back and let us know what you decide to tackle next wave

Re: Fallout3 - 05/03/09 09:51 PM

Well, today I decided to do a format and install XP Pro.
Just had to see if Fallout 3 would install then, and it did! laugh

So now I've been playing for a few hours and have just come to Moiratys place. Cool game smile

Re: Fallout3 - 05/03/09 09:52 PM

yay misslili bravo

I'm so glad it is working for you now wave

Re: Fallout3 - 05/04/09 08:41 AM

So am I - can't wait to get home from work and play a little more laugh

Re: Fallout3 - 05/04/09 05:29 PM

Hi Kay
Whoa you finished! I'm still dinking around, I put off going to the Tenpenny towers so I'm going to go there soon. I need to have a word to someone about a key (or not!) I haven't been to Oasis yet. I've done so much but I still have a lot to do. I have a feeling I'll be done with the side quests all of a sudden as I have most of a bunch of them done. This game is so huge.

I played oblivion as throughly as I'm playing fallout. It took me awhile to relax and ignore the drawbacks (most of the below ground sites are the same)but once I did and focused on my charactors improvement I really really liked the game and joined all the factions and guilds and sought out all the unique experiences.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/06/09 12:41 AM

Nipomo, I found Ten Penny Towers to be an interesting place that sent me off on a couple more side quests. Do it. I think you will have fun. Kay
Posted By: Yankee Clipper

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 02:00 PM

Is there another place to store my excess stuff other than the house at Megaton where creatures won't steal it? Just might blow up Megaton as I'm very mad at it. Doubt I can do the bomb thing because I've messed up and Simm's dead - 2 times. It's Burke's fault.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 03:57 PM

Yankee, I haven't played this but according to a response to this question by ExarRazor on the Gamespot forum
Quote:
the only safe places to store your equipment is in houses/containers you own. You can put stuff in random containers but it might not be there when you go back."

I don't know if his information is correct though wave

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 04:38 PM

Before I got my house, I stored my stuff in the lockers at the Common House. I even dropped some stuff on the floor at Moira's for a test and it stayed there.

I believe you can talk to Lucas Sims' son to get the key after you disarm the bomb.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 05:29 PM

Decided to go back and redo the Simms Burke scene and be quicker on the trigger. It would be fun to Blow up Megaton though - wonder what will happen to the game then. Love to hack those terminals, am stuck on one at Greyditch. Just started this game and playing on normal but sometimes have to go to very essy if it's too hard for me. Thanks you 2 for the help - will use the Common House lockers.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 06:13 PM

I decided not to tell Sims after I tried that and he got killed. You will lose the house if you blow up Megaton and it is handy to have to rest, store loot and you can decorate it. I believe Moira will move to another location.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 06:58 PM

How does one go about getting a house in megaton??

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 07:28 PM

You need to disarm the bomb. Talk to Sheriff Sims. Burke wants you to blow it up. You need an explosive skill of 25 to disarm the bomb. Mentats will help raise the skill.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/08/09 07:52 PM

Really? Cool - didn't know, lol.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/11/09 05:11 PM

Sorry for double posting, but I have a question and am afraid no one sees it frown
If I was wrong, then please merge it...

I need to know how I'll get access to Tenpenny Tower, if I refused to set the bomb off and now have assasins after me??

Re: Fallout3 - 05/11/09 05:13 PM

Missilo, you are fine--as long as it has been a day between posts, it is not a double post. wave

Re: Fallout3 - 05/11/09 05:15 PM

Missilo, don't worry. You will have no trouble getting into Tenpenny Tower. The assassins didn't bother me since I was glad to get their weapons and armor.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/11/09 05:18 PM

But but, how?
Do I need to fight my way in? Do I get the Penthouse? Will they talk to me there? LOL laugh

Re: Fallout3 - 05/11/09 05:39 PM

No fight. You just walk up to the door and look for an intercom on the wall. They will talk to you but you don't get the penthouse since you took the place at Megaton.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/12/09 12:24 AM

I took the house in Megaton(I have a tough time playing evil and settled for watching the bomb explosion on U-tube). When I finally visited Tenpenny Towers I was happy with my choice as the music and "suburbian" quality of the towers creeped me out a little bit.

What do the folks here that choose the Tenpenny Towers think...do you like it as a place to come home to??

Re: Fallout3 - 05/12/09 01:34 PM

I take it you can't have 2 homes - gosh darn, I should have blown up Mgton after all. That Craterside Supply - she has such an icky voice and she looks like that too. Something about this game I can't bond to, maybe I'm still having Oblivion withdrawel. Or perhaps it's because I like fantasy and Fallout isn't real fantasy. I mean it could come crashing down on us one day. Can you imagine surviving? And all I worry about is Social Security. P.S. I'm not going to do anymore research for her book because she's asked me to get injured so she can take notes or maybe experiment? I don't trust her.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/12/09 04:37 PM

I read somewhere, that even if you disarm the bomb, but still agreed to set it off after talking with Burk- then after all the quests are done in megaton, you can just go ahead and blow the town apart laugh

Today I actually just received the Official Strategy Guide and man it's HUGE!
465 pages with details of every ince of the game crazy

Re: Fallout3 - 05/12/09 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Yankee Clipper
I take it you can't have 2 homes - gosh darn, I should have blown up Mgton after all. That Craterside Supply - she has such an icky voice and she looks like that too.

I highly suggest that on your second time through the game you try the "not so good" path as a number of other quests open up to you, but you have to promise to go back and visit the spot where Megaton was and tell us your reaction... cool

Quote:
P.S. I'm not going to do anymore research for her book because she's asked me to get injured so she can take notes or maybe experiment? I don't trust her.

Actually, Moira's quests are kind of a "basic training" for Fallout. They serve to toughen you up, get you some basic gear and cash and give you an idea what you may be facing.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/12/09 10:44 PM

My game's on PS and I know I could save the last game and start a new game and blow up. What do you do - light the bomb and run fast or does it go on a timer. If I do this I don't think I'll tell Burke when and blow him up too. HAHA. I should rescue that 2-headed Brahma though. Is it true there's an Oblivion 5 in the making. If so: Joy Unspeakable! Compared to Star Wars games this is not too exciting. Misslilo, I envy you and that guide - fantastic.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/13/09 12:53 AM

The game is very slow at the start. The basic formula for the quests are similar to Oblivion, but since survival in a less than hospitable environ is its scenario, character build up is slower and not as straight forward. That was one of my complaints when I reviewed the game; the character development interface is less than intuitive. It does take a certain amount of perseverance to get to a point where you are comfortable in the game and not such an easy target.

Yes, Bethesda is developing another in the Elder Scrolls series and hoping to bring it out in 2010, but no official word on its locale.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/13/09 02:28 PM

Trail, what do you mean "character development less than intuitive". Also does advirsaries strength increase as I improve as in Ob? I'm a 6 now and playing on normal but find it easier to hand to hand or tire iron batter them. I will read your review. You must forgive me sometime as I'm the engineering type and yes with thick glasses too. Playing Resident Evil 5 and heart still in Star Wars games.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/13/09 11:46 PM

Trail, what do you mean "character development less than intuitive". Also does advirsaries strength increase as I improve as in Ob?

The character development interface; the screen that appears when you level up is just a list that gets longer every few levels, there's no real organization to it. When adding points or skills and such it sometimes felt to me like a shot in the dark. It's similar to the original, I'm just biased towards the character development (leveling) offered in D&D games. smile

The usual suspects will continue through the game, but there will be some bigger, badder opponents you will come across. The number of opponents you face at once will also increase in certain situations.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/14/09 12:29 PM

O.K. Trail, thanks for the explanation. I didn't fully understand the leveling up process till the 3rd time. I wonder if they are experimenting methods for their new game - like Fallout 3 is sort of a prototype for the new game. It wouldn't matter to me if Ob5 were just like 4 but for a different tutorial but of course this can't be. Rigged the bomb now must do something befor the event. Someone stood me up so had to traipse around the hinterland to earn my explosive points the honest way. Am beginning to kide the game a bit.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/15/09 01:23 AM

It's done - you can still fast travel to Mgtn but city is leveled to ruins and wasteland. The adventures incurred, the anticipation and the graphics are so well done in this quest that I really would like to carry on game from this point but where would I get my stimpak? And the accomodations here are palatial compared to home @ Mgtn.
Click to reveal..
Only Moira made it and that's because she was out of town and she's a ghoul now. She took off to Rivit City. And I killed a mole rat. Lots of radiation. My new home is Tenpenny Towers and there's a twist - the owner Mr Tenpenny is the instigator and Burke and I are only his pawns, common muck to him. This is the 1st nuclear in 200 years for earth.
This reminds me of that short story - Animal Farm. Still better to be the do-er than the do-ee. We don't change. Anyway if someone can give me an alternate stimpak source, Ill play from here.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/16/09 04:51 AM

It's done - you can still fast travel to Mgtn but city is leveled to ruins and wasteland. The adventures incurred, the anticipation and the graphics are so well done in this quest that I really would like to carry on game from this point but where would I get my stimpak? Anyway if someone can give me an alternate stimpak source, Ill play from here.

Pretty much all of the traveling traders carry a few stimpacks and you occasionally come across wasters that trade a few things as well. You can get by with out a steady supply though. You just have to find a place to rest after you've been injured. There is usually a nasty old matress laying around someplace. Just knock the severed arms and legs off of it, or use one as a pillow and catch a couple hours of zzzzz's smile Foods will also replenish your health. You just have to keep an eye on your rad count. I think there might be somebody in the Tower who also sells them on and off.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/16/09 04:03 PM

Found a source the only thing is in the heat of battle you can't take off and nap. Also I guess the blast broke my PS and if I can't find a repair-er I'll have to buy that 80 GB one and start over BooHoo. All those wonderful games gonegone. I'll never live long enough to play all of them. I can just see my kids (5) fighting over them now.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/16/09 07:13 PM

Also I guess the blast broke my PS and if I can't find a repair-er I'll have to buy that 80 GB one and start over BooHoo. All those wonderful games gonegone. I'll never live long enough to play all of them.

But what a great goal to have yay wave

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 10:15 AM

How in the world do I get to:

The National Archives
The Museum of Technology
And the last I can't remember but close by...???

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 11:37 AM

Hello misslilo - try gamefaqs.com - then PCfaqs - then the 7th walkthrough down, it's eolsunder and #70 - it's in metro mall for National Archives. This WT is for PS3 but must apply for PC. Didn't research the museum - maybe I missed it in the list. I bet you live in Elsinor, Denmark. My grandmother came from Horsens.

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 02:58 PM

Thank you - I also found some great metro maps laugh

Another problem!

I've been trying to get the consol working, but I can't access it.
The Tilde (~) key doesn't work for me.
Maybe because it's a danish keyboard and I have to hold "ALT Gr + the key with ~" on it? How do I get around it?

And yes, I've tried hitting ONLY the key with that symbol on, but still no go smile

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 03:07 PM

Can't help with cheats because I'm playing on the PS and there are no cheats. Try holding all the keys down at the same time as this worked when I played Painkiller on PC. Did you do the shift?

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: misslilo
Thank you - I also found some great metro maps laugh

Another problem!

I've been trying to get the consol working, but I can't access it.
The Tilde (~) key doesn't work for me.
Maybe because it's a danish keyboard and I have to hold "ALT Gr + the key with ~" on it? How do I get around it?

And yes, I've tried hitting ONLY the key with that symbol on, but still no go smile

@Miss Lillo (and others who have Danish keyboards)

The Tilde (~) key is NOT the key for the console window for Fallout 3 on a Danish keyboard. It is, for some reason, the §/½ key located directly beneath the ESC key and to left of the !/1 key. [Hitting the Tilde key only works for USA and maybe CAN keyboards].

I know this, because I have tried hitting the §/½ key in Oblivion, (another game from Bethesda) and this did bring up the console.

It isn't a window nor is it a very big box; it is more like a line where you can write stuff..

edit:

As for your other questions, you can always go here and ask for help:

Here

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 04:59 PM

Thank you so much Karsten - it's been driving me crazy! laugh

As for that forum, I already has it bookmarked, but I'm here more often than there wink

Re: Fallout3 - 05/22/09 05:21 PM

Just popping in quickly to give a big bravo to all you guys helping everyone out bravo

Re: Fallout3 - 05/24/09 03:25 PM

Hi Fallout Fans! The PS fixed itself during the night that it broke - cussing scared it. Have decided to save my game here outside the Dunwich Building and pursue the main quest. A beautiful save scene, nighttime and a full moon - makes me forget the horrible hinterland. Although little did I know there is a Deathclaw lurking nearby. Those things are hard to kill. And fast. Does game end when main quest is solved?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community