GB HOMEPAGE

Gone Even Further Back Now ....

Posted By: Mad

Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/04/11 08:29 PM

Still re-playing Morrowind on and off. [It's like an obsession !!] laugh

But the past few days I've also been re-playing Planescape Torment and LOVING it thumbsup

So, another obsession has been born rotfl
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/04/11 08:47 PM

Those are great obsessions Mad. Enjoy! wave
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/05/11 04:15 PM

Planescape Torment is a classic and one of my favorites Mad! I've always wished that a good game house would sign a deal with D&D to either remake it with new generation graphics or make a continuation based on one of the early pen & paper D&D modules that are out there. thumbsup
Posted By: hagatha

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/05/11 04:37 PM

I still play Planescape Torment about once a year. One of the greats.

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/05/11 11:38 PM

I must say I do like the style of the older Black Isle RPGs. Somehow I feel that (with most) I can "cope" better grin

Of course I admire the splendid graphics of the newer releases but I seem to "do less well" in some of them rolleyes

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/06/11 04:50 AM

I agree, though a small number of recent titles were almost as good ( I loved Dragon Age Origins and Witcher). What was it about those old games? Beautifully written, I guess, with strong story lines. I just finished Dragon Age 2, and while I can appreciate the great graphics and the smooth engine and all that other technical stuff, there wasn't much story. Almost none, in fact.

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/06/11 06:46 PM

I have both the Dragon Age games, hagatha, and although I haven't had the chance to start either as yet, I am definitely looking forward to both.
[Fingers crossed that I will manage them lol]

And after being very impressed by Drakensang, I bought the sequel to it and am VERY much looking forward to that, too laugh

Plus after really, really liking the first "Witcher" I bought the sequel to it as soon as it was released - but because of the very mixed comments it has attracted, my anticipation of it has been somewhat dampened duh

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/07/11 02:27 AM

Mad, from what I've seen I think Witcher 2 will be great. I've had a technical problem, but I was really enjoying the game while I was playing it. I'll be getting back to it soon, though I've been sidetracked by DA2. These games are pretty easy to manage. The combat is basically click on action or spell, point at target, right-click. If you want the rest of your party to handle the rest, you can just let them do their own thing. Most of the time they manage quite handily on their own in combat.

Re: Gone Even Further Back Now .... - 06/07/11 02:34 AM

Great !! Thanks very much for that info and the encouragement, hagatha.
Much appreciated grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community